Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
LastLast
  1. #241
    Dreadlord Zenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Because I'm a masochist. There is no legitimately compelling reason to play Alliance over Horde. In the storyline the Alliance is a setpiece for the Horde, Horde leveling quests are more developed, and Horde racials are better for PvE and PvP.
    Oh, don't be ridiculous.

    The Vanilla Horde experience was lacking to say the least.

    Also humans have one of the most OP PvP racials in the game.

    But sure, keep having that persecution complex. Like most Alliance players seem to have.

  2. #242
    Why don't YOU play horde? /fist

  3. #243
    Pandaren Monk schwank05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sanborn, MN
    Posts
    1,751
    I prefer alliance honestly I love Draenei, but my friends all played Horde back in the day so I changed. Now I have 10 85+ lvl characters all on Horde, It is just too costly at this point to faction/ Server change as Alliance is dead on Runetotem-us.

  4. #244
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    Oh, don't be ridiculous.

    The Vanilla Horde experience was lacking to say the least.

    Also humans have one of the most OP PvP racials in the game.

    But sure, keep having that persecution complex. Like most Alliance players seem to have.
    Saying someone else has a persecution complex while bringing up something that hasn't been true for two years and hasn't mattered for six. Horde players, ladies and germs.

  5. #245
    The Alliance were the only faction with paladins and I loved paladins since D&D and WC3.

    I never forgave Blizzard for giving the Horde better paladins in TBC after the hell we went through in vanilla and after Blizz gave the Horde all the best PVP racials. Seeing saps and stuns fail to land on orcs several times in a row made me stop playing a rogue. Horde rogues never had that problem + they could break fears.

    We had a joke in vanilla: The Alliance are mobs for the Horde. It's funny how true it was.

  6. #246
    Mechagnome Alassiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Maelstrom
    Posts
    677
    The thing is... quite many of you have misread the title. It's "why don't you play alliance?", not "why do you play alliance?". In my case, I just like orcs, I always did. Never liked humans in any games, they just feel weak compared to anything else - the only time I played a human in a game that allows race selection was Nord in skyrim, but then, it fits the game.

  7. #247
    Epic! Miuku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    1,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    The Vanilla Horde experience was lacking to say the least.
    But we have cows.

    There is no truly no force that can compete with the majestic Tauren. Power, wisdom, sexyness - Tauren.
    :: We are cows - proud and true. Come on Tauren - Moo Moo Moo!

  8. #248
    I play both factions but for the sake of argument:

    The Alliance seems like a generic high fantasy matrix acting as a foil for the Horde, which is really the only thing separating WoW from the likes of Lord of the Rings/D&D/etc etc. They are basically a popular but tired convention of the genre.

  9. #249
    Because Horde got Undead, Bloodelves and Goblins.

  10. #250
    Dreadlord Themerlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    In the empty cookie jar.
    Posts
    889
    More like why dont I play Horde....

    I think because they are all hideous to look upon.

    Yes even the blood elves.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

  11. #251
    I am Murloc! Wildberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    On Board the Hate Train.
    Posts
    5,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Saying someone else has a persecution complex while bringing up something that hasn't been true for two years and hasn't mattered for six. Horde players, ladies and germs.
    Oh, give me a fucking break...

    Leveling doesn't even matter anymore, Horde players were the ones stuck with atrocious zones that lacked depth, back when you spent a good deal of time leveling a character. Nowadays, one could argue, one faction having a slightly "Lacking" experience when compared to the other (Please note, I'm not agreeing with this statement, just playing by your rules) it matters considerably less, than it did PreWotLK, or even PreBC.

    As far as the racial Argument goes, when exactly did EMFH get "Fixed"? Right, the Horde may have had better PvE Racials, but yours was reigning supreme for quite some time.

    In regards to the story, here's a newsflash, most players don't really care about the story, they just want bosses to kill or a faction to fight, the "why" doesn't matter for most.

    Not to mention, the Alliance sure did play the setpiece for us, you know, considering they got to win Garrosh's War, AND get to go on to the next expansion with their faction stronger than ever, while we hobble along, obviously crippled from the civil war. That's not even taking into account that Varian is now a relatively well-rounded and liked character, while the Horde has been forced with a Warchief we didn't want, to fight a war that we didn't want to fight, all while being lied to about "our Warchief coming back" (Paraphrasing Metzen)...Yeah, you guys SURE DID GET THE SHORT END OF THE STICK THERE.

  12. #252
    Dreadlord Zenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Saying someone else has a persecution complex while bringing up something that hasn't been true for two years and hasn't mattered for six. Horde players, ladies and germs.
    So... what is your point again? You counter one of my points with a 'doesn't matter cause it's old'? So Horde were just supposed to shut up and take it back in Vanilla? Fine, how about this, the Alliance gets to raid Orgrimmar and comes out the better faction this expansion.

    But as a Alliance player, I'm sure you will regale me with how the Alliance gets shafted in every facet of the game. Maybe cry about 5.3 I'm guessing.

    I see you also ignored my point about racials entirely.

  13. #253
    Scarab Lord Azutael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    4,812
    Because of the alliance races, only night elf is interesting to me. And the horde has many races I like, more specifically the forsaken.

  14. #254
    Moderator Nobleshield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Posts
    5,014
    Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    But Horde isn't really the "bad guy" in the Warcraft universe. The orcs of Warcraft are not the orcs of Lord of the Rings, nor are the goblins, or trolls. As best I can tell the only race that seems to have some evil in it is the forsaken. Overall the more complex nature of the Horde (as opposed to generic "bad guys") is one of the things that make them compelling.
    True, BUT for many people coming to WoW from traditional fantasy you immediately associate orcs, trolls, goblins, minotaur (i.e. tauren) and zombies as being evil monsters that the brave humans, elves, dwarves and others stand against. So Horde, while not the bad guys, have a definite "anti-hero" stereotype.
    NOBLESHIELD
    <Meliora> of Turalyon-US
    Raids & Dungeons Moderator | Mod Voice


  15. #255
    I belive Horde were more succesful in raids from the early days which made fan boys also play it and then it has just continued on when Faction Change was introduced. Ive been thinking about playing Alliance for quite some years and for a while in Wotlk I also had a high end char as alliance but srsly, there was no good pugs at all. Even guild runs were retarded compared to what u could find on Horde side. Now Tmorph exist so there isnt really any reason at all to change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Blithe View Post
    Most of the Wildstar beta that I participated in consisted of global chat talking about how much better World of Warcraft was until we eventually logged off and logged onto Warcraft instead (that was hilarious).
    Quote Originally Posted by Beige View Post
    If you want to chill and enjoy the leveling experience go play SWTOR, the rest of us are in it to win it

  16. #256
    Brewmaster Aveline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Right here.
    Posts
    1,453
    I liked the Horde races a lot more when I started playing and stuck with them. All my friends were eventually on the Horde side so it kept me occupied on that side. I've also played as Alliance but mainly to level up with a friend of mine. Got nothing against Alliance but I just prefer Horde.

    | Sig by Shyama <3 | Playing: Guild Wars 2, SWTOR, Diablo 3 |

  17. #257
    Legendary! Taftvalue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    somewhere in the desert
    Posts
    6,546
    I don't because all my characters are horde and even tho I actually prefer Alliance atm or at least like it just as much as Horde, I won't pay hundreds of dollars for the race changes, nor will I start a new character, because at this point leveling simply disgusts me, I'd buy instant 90 the moment blizzard offered such a service.
    There is only one god and his name is Sargeras.

  18. #258
    Because "For the Horde!" sounds so much better and more intimidating than "For the Alliance!"


    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

  19. #259
    I was playing horde most of the time, but alliance cities, races, and quests are just cooler than horde !

    (but racials are better on horde side... but who cares for casual raiding !)

  20. #260
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I know right? Maybe I should ask the opposite seeing that alliance : horde ratios are like 60:40 . But closer looks do reveal that the majority of the core gaming community is horde, espeially at end game.

    what's putting you off allaince? joke reponses are fine, as long as you give a serious one. Also you can answer the reverse question too, if you're a hard core alliance play, why don't you play horde? what's got you stuck only on alliance?
    Because Varian is the Alliance's leader and he's a pansy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •