Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
14
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Back in 2005, nothing about the Alliance said "This will be a new and interesting experience." since they seemed like another generic human/dwarf/etc. fantasy kingdom that could be found in basically every fantasy game ever. So Horde I went. Now I'm just too dug in to move. I'd rather they got rid of the faction divide completely.

  2. #62
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    520
    I do play alliance. Why do so many people play horde, simple answer is that kids like to be rebels.

  3. #63
    Field Marshal Xarnius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Lordaeron
    Posts
    77
    I have my mains on alliance, but I'm interested in trying out horde. Currently levelling on hordeside(35 atm), and I like it.


    This is how I like each race, both horde and alliance:

    Orc - love lore ,their ingame visuals & sounds
    Tauren - love the lore & ingame sounds
    Undead - I used to think they were cool, so I have a couple level 60s, but don't like them too much anymore.
    Troll - Meh
    Blood elf - Love the lore, their ingame visuals, sounds & starting zones.
    Goblin - Liked the starting zones the first time I levelled there, but not as epic as the blood elf starting zones.

    Pandaren - Liked it the first time I levelled there, but not as epic as the blood elf starting zones.

    Human - Not particularely fond of them.
    Dwarf - Like their ingame sounds & zones, also love their lore.
    Night elf - Love their lore, like their ingame sounds & visuals, but got tired after levelling through the zones every now and then for years.(I still love the soundtracks in night elf territory).
    Gnome - Like their ingame visuals(mages look really cool in BC magegear). For starting zones see dwarf.
    Draenei - Love the lore, like ingame sounds, soundtracks & visuals.
    Worgen - The starting zones were fun the first time playing through them.

    I played alliance independant of races, I played with my uncle, so all my characters were alliance.

  4. #64
    It's as simple as "when I started playing, all my friends decided on horde for no particular reason".

    I've rolled a few ally toons, but never got very far with them.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion

  5. #65
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    because they are scum and should be wiped off the face of the planet
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  6. #66
    Pit Lord Galbrei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    2,254
    Why don't I play Alliance? Because trolls are Horde, naturally! Why would anyone play anything other than trolls?!

  7. #67
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    You do know that Night Elves have a large selection of skin tones, right? They're not all purple.

    yes, there are lavender, violet, indigo and mauve NElves as well.
    .


    When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    yes, there are lavender, violet, indigo and mauve NElves as well.
    I love you for this.

    Also, you have a lot of purple in and around your posts for someone who hates purple lol

  9. #69
    Mechagnome Vladilena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Fairbreeze Village, Eversong Forest.
    Posts
    705
    I started playing the game because of Blood Elf lore. If Blood Elves were Alliance, I'd be Alliance.
    « DOr shar'adore da shando! » ♥

    « Vladka | Ryska | Radka »


  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    yes, there are lavender, violet, indigo and mauve NElves as well.
    And white/blue options along with pink/peach tones similar to blood elf skin tones...

    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Also, you have a lot of purple in and around your posts for someone who hates purple lol
    Different poster originally, I believe? But I noticed this too

  11. #71
    Because I'm a man, and men play Horde.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by ChowChillaCharlie View Post
    Because I'm a man, and men play Horde.
    Sounds like a sausage fest.

  13. #73
    I can't play Horde because they're basically villains with a huge case of obnoxious self-righteousness.

    "Oh yeah bro Horde are totally the good guys. Just ignore everything the Warchief has done for the last three years, and ignore Sylvanas and everything she does, ignore Ashenvale, Broken Front, Wrathgate, Theramore, the Veil, and anything else that makes the Horde look bad. As long as we eventually get mad at the Horde guy who orders these things (or not, in the case of Sylvanas) they don't count as Horde atrocities anymore. We're totally the good guys."

    Ugh, get fucked. If the Horde were straight-up villains I'd probably play them, I'd have loved playable Scourge for example, but the self-righteousness makes me puke. "Why does everyone hate us poor Horde victim minorities just because we do awful things? How dare they not buy into all 400 excuses we have!"

  14. #74
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarnius View Post
    I have my mains on alliance, but I'm interested in trying out horde. Currently levelling on hordeside(35 atm), and I like it.


    This is how I like each race, both horde and alliance:
    .
    I like your break down, here's mine:

    Orc - (10/10) Like them, OP racials, love to use them for pet classes (warlock/Hunter/DK), as a gay man i find the Orc female strangely arrousing. The perfect race.
    Tauren - (4/10) Love them in theory, not in practice. Armour models come out too bulky, terrible racials, but i love their culture and lore.
    Undead - (6/10) I like em. I don't love them, but i like them.
    Troll - (8/10) I like em for certain classes (rogues, druids, priests) but not others.
    Blood elf - 6/10) Kind of disinterested, I like their architecture and lore, but their lore has languished and that's a shame.
    Goblin - (8/10) HI-larious. Especially love the Goblin Shamans (best totems ever).

    Pandaren - (9/10) I like to play female pandaren, in fact i think female Pandaren are adorable, My main is a Female Pandaren BrM Monk. The males are a little too fat and squishy, armour looks terrible on the males, but the females totally make up for all the failing of the race.

    Human - (4/10) Meh, bland race, females are scrawny, males are ok, Animations are really old.
    Dwarf - (2/10) Meh, and lame racials too. Overplayed and vaguely insulting scottishness.
    Night elf - (6/10) The males are super sexy, the male voice actor gives me erections. their racials are lame though. No interest in their females.
    Gnome - (8/10) So cute. i love gnomes. terrible restrictive class-choices.
    Draenei - (5/10) Nice lore, but hasn't been updated. Like their animations.
    Worgen - (8/10) Have to grit my teeth through their interminable starting zone, but an excellent race. their running animations looks a little awkward for some classes and armour sets, but work with other.

    total scores:
    H=51/70
    A=45/70

    they are not that far apart really. but Horde comes out ahead for me.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-10-18 at 08:04 PM.
    .


    When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Alliance doesn't interest me aside from worgen, and that's not enough. Just don't like them.
    This.

    Why in the world would I want to play on a side where an available race is a gnome?


    It's a gnome, and I'm being completely serious here, I see absolutely no reason to wanting to be a gnome, or a dwarf. Why you would pick a gnome or a dwarf over a werewolf is beyond me, let alone a zombie, demon magic-elf, minotaur, etc. The humans have AWFULLLLLLLLL models.

    Besides that fact, there's nothing that really interests me in their story, the Horde has way more interesting stories and races, not to mention I personally find armor to look more appealing on more Horde races.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Lots of people don't like the bureaucracy and lawful neutral/good that comes with the Alliance.

    Plus there's been very little character development outside humans in 9 years so that helps too
    would you role a highbourne then, if there was an option to play one as a racial faction of night elves ? (they'd probably have a slightly different look, like maybe using blood elf models altered to superficially with night elf skins- or some other distinguishing feature). Now the highbourne aren't all benevolenet so you have a nastier night elf group ... woudl you play alliance then?

    what about if Eredar became playable, not as a race but as a racial faction of the Draenei? don't know what the story for them would be, maybe reformed Eredar, maybe Draenei altered in a spell gone wrong that was meant to create infiltrators for the draenei in the legion, or maybe Velen found a way to remove the deception of Sargeras from Legion Lords, after all remember some were forced to chang, or maybe a group of deserters.. who knows, they're still a bit mean, they believe in a different approach to the light loving draenei, but Velen knows he needs them, the draenei, the broken and all the allies he can get for the coming war. Whatever the reason, if they were made avialble, would you play alliance?

    3rd e.g., woudl you play as a dark iron dwarf? altho also a dwarf racial faction, these aren't good guys, they tow the line for now, but they have their own plans also, and teir not the friendly likeable type.. would you play them and alliance then?

  17. #77
    Pandaren Monk Of-the-horde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Frankfurt am Main
    Posts
    1,871
    I hate alliance, I hate stormwind, darnassus, exodar, I do however love Ironforge. Those cities don't feel like world of warcraft at all. I started out in Mulgore and Thunderbluff also Orgrimmar from the beginning even though everyone and their granny was alliance. I was an outcast :P Being alliance just feels lame except when I play my Draenei warrior to blow up the horde noobs but other than that I stick with horde.
    Last edited by Of-the-horde; 2013-10-18 at 09:06 PM.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Alliance player here.

    I prefer the Alliance races more than horde. Though Trolls and Tauren are teh <3
    what is it of the horde trolls and tauren that you <3?

  19. #79
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by ChowChillaCharlie View Post
    Because I'm a man, and men play Horde.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  20. #80
    Mechagnome Mear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    524
    Because I think Blood elfs and undeads are the most interesting races, and in pure silliness, Goblins>gnomes. I rather backup more of the horde races viewpoints and such then the alliance ones. And I hate the majority of the humans. Oh and I cant stand watching human/night elf/drainei males, and for some reason especially humans warriors/paladins and night elf warriors/hunters.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •