Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The thing is... quite many of you have misread the title. It's "why don't you play alliance?", not "why do you play alliance?". In my case, I just like orcs, I always did. Never liked humans in any games, they just feel weak compared to anything else - the only time I played a human in a game that allows race selection was Nord in skyrim, but then, it fits the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    The Vanilla Horde experience was lacking to say the least.
    But we have cows.

There is no truly no force that can compete with the majestic Tauren. Power, wisdom, sexyness - Tauren.

I play both factions but for the sake of argument:

The Alliance seems like a generic high fantasy matrix acting as a foil for the Horde, which is really the only thing separating WoW from the likes of Lord of the Rings/D&D/etc etc. They are basically a popular but tired convention of the genre.

Because Horde got Undead, Bloodelves and Goblins.

10+ Year Old Account
    More like why dont I play Horde....

I think because they are all hideous to look upon.

Yes even the blood elves.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Saying someone else has a persecution complex while bringing up something that hasn't been true for two years and hasn't mattered for six. Horde players, ladies and germs.
    Oh, give me a fucking break...

Leveling doesn't even matter anymore, Horde players were the ones stuck with atrocious zones that lacked depth, back when you spent a good deal of time leveling a character. Nowadays, one could argue, one faction having a slightly "Lacking" experience when compared to the other (Please note, I'm not agreeing with this statement, just playing by your rules) it matters considerably less, than it did PreWotLK, or even PreBC.

As far as the racial Argument goes, when exactly did EMFH get "Fixed"? Right, the Horde may have had better PvE Racials, but yours was reigning supreme for quite some time.

In regards to the story, here's a newsflash, most players don't really care about the story, they just want bosses to kill or a faction to fight, the "why" doesn't matter for most.

Not to mention, the Alliance sure did play the setpiece for us, you know, considering they got to win Garrosh's War, AND get to go on to the next expansion with their faction stronger than ever, while we hobble along, obviously crippled from the civil war. That's not even taking into account that Varian is now a relatively well-rounded and liked character, while the Horde has been forced with a Warchief we didn't want, to fight a war that we didn't want to fight, all while being lied to about "our Warchief coming back" (Paraphrasing Metzen)...Yeah, you guys SURE DID GET THE SHORT END OF THE STICK THERE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Saying someone else has a persecution complex while bringing up something that hasn't been true for two years and hasn't mattered for six. Horde players, ladies and germs.
    So... what is your point again? You counter one of my points with a 'doesn't matter cause it's old'? So Horde were just supposed to shut up and take it back in Vanilla? Fine, how about this, the Alliance gets to raid Orgrimmar and comes out the better faction this expansion.

But as a Alliance player, I'm sure you will regale me with how the Alliance gets shafted in every facet of the game. Maybe cry about 5.3 I'm guessing.

I see you also ignored my point about racials entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because of the alliance races, only night elf is interesting to me. And the horde has many races I like, more specifically the forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    But Horde isn't really the "bad guy" in the Warcraft universe. The orcs of Warcraft are not the orcs of Lord of the Rings, nor are the goblins, or trolls. As best I can tell the only race that seems to have some evil in it is the forsaken. Overall the more complex nature of the Horde (as opposed to generic "bad guys") is one of the things that make them compelling.
    True, BUT for many people coming to WoW from traditional fantasy you immediately associate orcs, trolls, goblins, minotaur (i.e. tauren) and zombies as being evil monsters that the brave humans, elves, dwarves and others stand against. So Horde, while not the bad guys, have a definite "anti-hero" stereotype.

I belive Horde were more succesful in raids from the early days which made fan boys also play it and then it has just continued on when Faction Change was introduced. Ive been thinking about playing Alliance for quite some years and for a while in Wotlk I also had a high end char as alliance but srsly, there was no good pugs at all. Even guild runs were retarded compared to what u could find on Horde side. Now Tmorph exist so there isnt really any reason at all to change.

Deleted
    I liked the Horde races a lot more when I started playing and stuck with them. All my friends were eventually on the Horde side so it kept me occupied on that side. I've also played as Alliance but mainly to level up with a friend of mine. Got nothing against Alliance but I just prefer Horde.

Deleted
    I don't because all my characters are horde and even tho I actually prefer Alliance atm or at least like it just as much as Horde, I won't pay hundreds of dollars for the race changes, nor will I start a new character, because at this point leveling simply disgusts me, I'd buy instant 90 the moment blizzard offered such a service.

Because "For the Horde!" sounds so much better and more intimidating than "For the Alliance!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

I was playing horde most of the time, but alliance cities, races, and quests are just cooler than horde !

(but racials are better on horde side... but who cares for casual raiding !)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I know right? Maybe I should ask the opposite seeing that alliance : horde ratios are like 60:40 . But closer looks do reveal that the majority of the core gaming community is horde, espeially at end game.

what's putting you off allaince? joke reponses are fine, as long as you give a serious one. Also you can answer the reverse question too, if you're a hard core alliance play, why don't you play horde? what's got you stuck only on alliance?
    Because Varian is the Alliance's leader and he's a pansy.

Deleted
    I love the Alliance. I love their races, their cities, their lore, their hubs...

But the current community I'm playing with is Horde and I deem them worth far more to me than wanting to play alliance.

A) Almost all my friends play horde.
    B) of your 6 races, 4 of them are extremely human looking (Humans. Shorter, wider humans, and even shorter, rainbow colored humans. and taller wider purple humans with pointed ears.) The other two are fairly diverse (worgen and dreanei) But suffer a general lack of a foothold in the overall story of the game outside their starter zone. (Neither really -feel- like part of the alliance.)

You basically have 3 races (4 if you wanna count Pandaren.)

Virtually all the races of the horde have a place in the horde. The only real races that feel like they don't really belong are the Forsaken and the Blood Elves (which is sort of part of their story. Neither really fly horde colors, but operate alongside the horde against the alliance.) but both are fairly involved in current affairs. Trolls, Tauren, Orcs, and Goblins are all pretty incredibly different races, in terms of general silhouette, color options, etc. but they seem to go well together.

The alliance, (as I said above) feels less unified than the horde. They don't (or didn't until recently) have an overarching 'Leader' like the horde has since the beginning. (Thrall was always considered the kingpin of the horde, even if the different races operated independently) The alliance never really had this unity. The leaders of the alliance never really worked in a co-op way that Vol'jin/Cairne/Thrall have been in the beginning. As such, it's weird being, say, a human running around Darnassus or Ironforge. You don't really feel at home there. You're, at best, a guest in someone else's home.

And while you get the same sort of feeling as an Orc running around Undercity or Silvermoon, the story make sense that you should feel that way. In Thunder Bluff or Bilgewater Harbor, you don't really get that same vibe.

I started playing the game on Zul'jin - US - Horde, so over time I have made many friends and just stayed here.. I have a few toons on alliance side, but its very low pop, horde is like 4:1.. so for the most part its boring. I have several toons on other servers alliance, just never got into playing them because they are low pop I guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    I play alliance cause my guild is a bunch of dummies!
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

10+ Year Old Account
    when i ever i get a friend to try wow they want to play an alliance race-character
    and i am always dissapointed.

'yeah but, ok, let's put a pin in that for now, and let me show you how awesome Orcs are. eh? eh?'

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!