Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Because my rl friends all wanted to play horde because it is so cool and for real men (what ever..) .. well that was 9 years ago, now it's mostly me not wanting to throw blizzard a shit ton of money for their cheap ass data base script and having found a bunch of nice people (said manly friends of course don't play anymore, because their fugly wives won't allow it; manly indead, but thats a story for another time) in my guild I don't want to part with yet, probably the main reason why I still play too.

Honestly, I don't really have any "faction loyalty" when it comes to WoW. I play Alliance because my real-life friends who convinced me to come and play with them were Alliance. If they'd been playing Horde, so would I. They all quit playing long ago, but by that point I had a bunch of Alliance characters and didn't care to bother with (or pay for) shit like faction/server transfers.

Plus, Dwarves are awesome. Though I'd be Tauren if I played Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Draenei are most likely older though.

OT

I play both sides, but from a storytelling point I must say the Alliance is far too focused on honor and morals, to the point it actually hurts them in warfare.
    Ok, oldest playable native Azerothian race? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I simply prefer the general ambience and feel that the Horde has to it. Plus, their battlecries are much more badass.

-Credit to Mythriz for the signature and avatar!

10+ Year Old Account
    Because of Thezturtle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Honestly, I don't really have any "faction loyalty" when it comes to WoW. I play Alliance because my real-life friends who convinced me to come and play with them were Alliance. If they'd been playing Horde, so would I. They all quit playing long ago, but by that point I had a bunch of Alliance characters and didn't care to bother with (or pay for) shit like faction/server transfers.

Plus, Dwarves are awesome. Though I'd be Tauren if I played Horde.
    I have no faction loyalty either, I use to be all for the alliance, when it was clearly US vs them, and that made sense, but then you had to play horde anyway, now in Wow the horde has changed, lots of monsters, but not all are evil, I don't care what they look like, as long as they have something I really like in them.

now I love the idea of sub-raecs, they give an opportunity to make groups with different philosophies playable.. and can only attract more to the race.. there are people who never touched night elves because they're too good, the highbourne aren't, people who didn't touch the ORcs because they perceived them invaders, genocidal warmongers, the Mag'har are not, - they'll likely play that too and get to love the group. No need to turn the Orcs into Humans II, the Mag'har can provide a more honourable version untainted.

So often enough, I am concerned with both factions, I want a balnaced story, a balnaced game..

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    when i ever i get a friend to try wow they want to play an alliance race-character
    and i am always dissapointed.

'yeah but, ok, let's put a pin in that for now, and let me show you how awesome Orcs are. eh? eh?'
    I think I may have a slight Orc bias. Remove the orc craziness and they're the sort of group you can have much respect for. I kinda hate arrogance - and sadly they write too much of that into the alliance, especially humans and night elves.. still there's stuff to like and to dislike in all of them.

As a fan of the story, I tend to pick my races as I see fit at the time, and I try to play on guilds on both sides, I did once try to aim to have a character of each race and each class. i didn't get very far.. b/c of the huge time investment.

I really do hope they make levelling up progressively much easier the more alts you get.

I actually like Draenei and their starting zone but I find myself disliking the Alliance quest line post Bloodmyst Isles. Dwarf are just badasses, hence why I have 3 dwarf hunters and I like gnomes but they are just too disproportionate, and can't be hunters.

On the Horde side, EVERYTHING IS AMAZING: THE LORE THE QUESTS THE CITIES THE MUSIC* EVERY FREAKING THING TOP NOTCH.

*except for some Horde's bases background music in TBC; eg. Garadar.

I played one toon to 90 as Alliance just to get the achievement and then faction changed a day after I dinged 90. I don't like Stormwind at all as it's too cramped and its in the Eastern Kingdoms which I don't like as a whole to begin with. The races don't interest me at all, I missed looking at all the Taurens . Alliance is just too Cinderella for me to give a crap. Zeppelins > Boats
    Last edited by prizeless; 2013-10-29 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valort View Post
    Humans and their liability when it comes to being manipulated by dragons
    what abour orcs and their liability when it comes to being manipulated by demons/anything evil?

or is that different?

lel Orcs are dumb

I do play Alliance and reading these forums reminds me why I'm happy with that choice and has always been

Quote Originally Posted by Solonar View Post
    I simply prefer the general ambience and feel that the Horde has to it. Plus, their battlecries are much more badass.
    u know i was thinking about this the other day, was wishing toons would auto battlecry when going into combat, in fact would becool if you had the ability to auto emote in times like that

Deleted
    I honestly couldn't care less which faction I was on from a lore or game play point of view, the only reason I joined and still currently play alliance is the people I play with.

Im not alliance because i dotn like any of the race mounts nor do they have undead.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Deleted
    I don't play Alliance because they're boring good guys with no personality.

Just compare Night Elves in Warcraft 3 and WoW. First they were savage territorial amazones, now they're just purple human hippies. They were stripped of their personality. Same thing happened to Worgen, they were cool in their starting zone but any other encounter with them in the game? meh. Draenei are space hippies. And let's not get started on Humans, the most boring race of all. Gnomes are a joke. What more do we have? Dwarves? Yeah, I guess Dwarves are the least boring on the Alliance.

I think the problem with the Alliance is that they're too much the standard good guys you find in any story that they simply lack a personality. Flaws are what makes a race interesting in my opinion, it makes for a story and a driving force. Garrosh had his flaws, that's why he was so interesting. Thrall doesn't have any real flaws, that's why he's boring. That's pretty much it. Now swap the words Garrosh with Horde and Thrall with Alliance, that's how I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    They've been made that way, just like the night elves have been changed.. ever wondered why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Horde is better?

Deleted
    i play horde, cause i found them the most enjoyable too play faction from W3.
    on top of that my friends also rolled Horde at the time.
    nowadays i stay with horde cause it just feels right, tried alliance alts but something is just missing.

I play alliance mostly because I like their "stance" more from an RP point of view but not a day goes by when I miss playing my Warlock as an Undead female or my Warrior as an male Orc. The Horde races are just way better when it comes to animations and everything. Better questing also.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post

Just compare Night Elves in Warcraft 3 and WoW. First they were savage territorial amazones, now they're just purple human hippies. They were stripped of their personality. Same thing happened to Worgen, they were cool in their starting zone but any other encounter with them in the game? meh. Draenei are space hippies. And let's not get started on Humans, the most boring race of all. Gnomes are a joke. What more do we have? Dwarves? Yeah, I guess Dwarves are the least boring on the Alliance.

I think the problem with the Alliance is that they're too much the standard good guys you find in any story that they simply lack a personality. Flaws are what makes a race interesting in my opinion, it makes for a story and a driving force. Garrosh had his flaws, that's why he was so interesting. Thrall doesn't have any real flaws, that's why he's boring. That's pretty much it. Now swap the words Garrosh with Horde and Thrall with Alliance, that's how I see it.
    Does the Orcs have anything but flaws though? Seriously?

I get why people like trolls, tauren, hell even forsaken. But orcs atm. They are just one big flaw, they are more or less like kids with special needs.

Raiding mainly. There are alot more hardcore guilds on horde side. Also racials.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......