Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
15
LastLast
  1. #261
    Bloodsail Admiral Devorawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,058
    I love the Alliance. I love their races, their cities, their lore, their hubs...


    But the current community I'm playing with is Horde and I deem them worth far more to me than wanting to play alliance.
    If you spend your entire life getting senpai to notice you, you'll never notice anyone else.

    2philosophical4me

  2. #262
    A) Almost all my friends play horde.
    B) of your 6 races, 4 of them are extremely human looking (Humans. Shorter, wider humans, and even shorter, rainbow colored humans. and taller wider purple humans with pointed ears.) The other two are fairly diverse (worgen and dreanei) But suffer a general lack of a foothold in the overall story of the game outside their starter zone. (Neither really -feel- like part of the alliance.)

    You basically have 3 races (4 if you wanna count Pandaren.)

    Virtually all the races of the horde have a place in the horde. The only real races that feel like they don't really belong are the Forsaken and the Blood Elves (which is sort of part of their story. Neither really fly horde colors, but operate alongside the horde against the alliance.) but both are fairly involved in current affairs. Trolls, Tauren, Orcs, and Goblins are all pretty incredibly different races, in terms of general silhouette, color options, etc. but they seem to go well together.

    The alliance, (as I said above) feels less unified than the horde. They don't (or didn't until recently) have an overarching 'Leader' like the horde has since the beginning. (Thrall was always considered the kingpin of the horde, even if the different races operated independently) The alliance never really had this unity. The leaders of the alliance never really worked in a co-op way that Vol'jin/Cairne/Thrall have been in the beginning. As such, it's weird being, say, a human running around Darnassus or Ironforge. You don't really feel at home there. You're, at best, a guest in someone else's home.

    And while you get the same sort of feeling as an Orc running around Undercity or Silvermoon, the story make sense that you should feel that way. In Thunder Bluff or Bilgewater Harbor, you don't really get that same vibe.

  3. #263
    I started playing the game on Zul'jin - US - Horde, so over time I have made many friends and just stayed here.. I have a few toons on alliance side, but its very low pop, horde is like 4:1.. so for the most part its boring. I have several toons on other servers alliance, just never got into playing them because they are low pop I guess.

  4. #264
    Brewmaster cyqu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Where the pros reside
    Posts
    1,318
    I play alliance cause my guild is a bunch of dummies!
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

  5. #265
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,137
    when i ever i get a friend to try wow they want to play an alliance race-character
    and i am always dissapointed.

    'yeah but, ok, let's put a pin in that for now, and let me show you how awesome Orcs are. eh? eh?'
    .


    When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

  6. #266
    Herald of the Titans Haidaes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    BUoE - Bureaucratic Union of Europe
    Posts
    2,968
    Because my rl friends all wanted to play horde because it is so cool and for real men (what ever..) .. well that was 9 years ago, now it's mostly me not wanting to throw blizzard a shit ton of money for their cheap ass data base script and having found a bunch of nice people (said manly friends of course don't play anymore, because their fugly wives won't allow it; manly indead, but thats a story for another time) in my guild I don't want to part with yet, probably the main reason why I still play too.

  7. #267
    The Lightbringer Ciddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,322
    Honestly, I don't really have any "faction loyalty" when it comes to WoW. I play Alliance because my real-life friends who convinced me to come and play with them were Alliance. If they'd been playing Horde, so would I. They all quit playing long ago, but by that point I had a bunch of Alliance characters and didn't care to bother with (or pay for) shit like faction/server transfers.

    Plus, Dwarves are awesome. Though I'd be Tauren if I played Horde.

  8. #268
    Pit Lord Doktor Faustus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    UK of Earth World & Northern Fat Land
    Posts
    2,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Draenei are most likely older though.

    OT

    I play both sides, but from a storytelling point I must say the Alliance is far too focused on honor and morals, to the point it actually hurts them in warfare.
    Ok, oldest playable native Azerothian race? :P

  9. #269
    Stood in the Fire Number Eighteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Constructing additional pylons.
    Posts
    470
    I simply prefer the general ambience and feel that the Horde has to it. Plus, their battlecries are much more badass.

    -Credit to Mythriz for the signature and avatar!

  10. #270
    Pandaren Monk Forgettable's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    1,864
    Because of Thezturtle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delti View Post
    If Forgettable knew what he was doing with his keyboard, I would totally kick his ass in dps!
    ^ My guild leader while drunk.

  11. #271
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Honestly, I don't really have any "faction loyalty" when it comes to WoW. I play Alliance because my real-life friends who convinced me to come and play with them were Alliance. If they'd been playing Horde, so would I. They all quit playing long ago, but by that point I had a bunch of Alliance characters and didn't care to bother with (or pay for) shit like faction/server transfers.

    Plus, Dwarves are awesome. Though I'd be Tauren if I played Horde.
    I have no faction loyalty either, I use to be all for the alliance, when it was clearly US vs them, and that made sense, but then you had to play horde anyway, now in Wow the horde has changed, lots of monsters, but not all are evil, I don't care what they look like, as long as they have something I really like in them.

    now I love the idea of sub-raecs, they give an opportunity to make groups with different philosophies playable.. and can only attract more to the race.. there are people who never touched night elves because they're too good, the highbourne aren't, people who didn't touch the ORcs because they perceived them invaders, genocidal warmongers, the Mag'har are not, - they'll likely play that too and get to love the group. No need to turn the Orcs into Humans II, the Mag'har can provide a more honourable version untainted.

    So often enough, I am concerned with both factions, I want a balnaced story, a balnaced game..

  12. #272
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    when i ever i get a friend to try wow they want to play an alliance race-character
    and i am always dissapointed.

    'yeah but, ok, let's put a pin in that for now, and let me show you how awesome Orcs are. eh? eh?'
    I think I may have a slight Orc bias. Remove the orc craziness and they're the sort of group you can have much respect for. I kinda hate arrogance - and sadly they write too much of that into the alliance, especially humans and night elves.. still there's stuff to like and to dislike in all of them.

    As a fan of the story, I tend to pick my races as I see fit at the time, and I try to play on guilds on both sides, I did once try to aim to have a character of each race and each class. i didn't get very far.. b/c of the huge time investment.

    I really do hope they make levelling up progressively much easier the more alts you get.

  13. #273
    I actually like Draenei and their starting zone but I find myself disliking the Alliance quest line post Bloodmyst Isles. Dwarf are just badasses, hence why I have 3 dwarf hunters and I like gnomes but they are just too disproportionate, and can't be hunters.

    On the Horde side, EVERYTHING IS AMAZING: THE LORE THE QUESTS THE CITIES THE MUSIC* EVERY FREAKING THING TOP NOTCH.

    *except for some Horde's bases background music in TBC; eg. Garadar.

  14. #274
    I played one toon to 90 as Alliance just to get the achievement and then faction changed a day after I dinged 90. I don't like Stormwind at all as it's too cramped and its in the Eastern Kingdoms which I don't like as a whole to begin with. The races don't interest me at all, I missed looking at all the Taurens . Alliance is just too Cinderella for me to give a crap. Zeppelins > Boats
    Last edited by prizeless; 2013-10-29 at 03:57 PM.

  15. #275
    Quote Originally Posted by Valort View Post
    Humans and their liability when it comes to being manipulated by dragons
    what abour orcs and their liability when it comes to being manipulated by demons/anything evil?

    or is that different?

    lel Orcs are dumb

    I do play Alliance and reading these forums reminds me why I'm happy with that choice and has always been

  16. #276
    Quote Originally Posted by Solonar View Post
    I simply prefer the general ambience and feel that the Horde has to it. Plus, their battlecries are much more badass.
    u know i was thinking about this the other day, was wishing toons would auto battlecry when going into combat, in fact would becool if you had the ability to auto emote in times like that

  17. #277
    Epic! Nyxxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,700
    I honestly couldn't care less which faction I was on from a lore or game play point of view, the only reason I joined and still currently play alliance is the people I play with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crym View Post
    Spoiler: The reason Garrosh is defeated is because, just when he's being attacked, Malchezaar pops out of a portal, yells "yoink!", and takes his weapon away.
    Armory

  18. #278
    Im not alliance because i dotn like any of the race mounts nor do they have undead.
    i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz | G.Skill DDR3 1800MHz @ 2133MHz @ 10-11-10-28 1T 8GB | Asus P8P67 v3.1 | GTX 780 | Corsair HX650 |Dell U2412M IPS 24" LCD | Mushkin Chronos 120GB SSD SATA III| Mushkin Chronos 480GB SSD SATA III (Games) | Creative X-Fi Soundcard | Windows 7 Professional x64

  19. #279
    I don't play Alliance because they're boring good guys with no personality.

    Just compare Night Elves in Warcraft 3 and WoW. First they were savage territorial amazones, now they're just purple human hippies. They were stripped of their personality. Same thing happened to Worgen, they were cool in their starting zone but any other encounter with them in the game? meh. Draenei are space hippies. And let's not get started on Humans, the most boring race of all. Gnomes are a joke. What more do we have? Dwarves? Yeah, I guess Dwarves are the least boring on the Alliance.

    I think the problem with the Alliance is that they're too much the standard good guys you find in any story that they simply lack a personality. Flaws are what makes a race interesting in my opinion, it makes for a story and a driving force. Garrosh had his flaws, that's why he was so interesting. Thrall doesn't have any real flaws, that's why he's boring. That's pretty much it. Now swap the words Garrosh with Horde and Thrall with Alliance, that's how I see it.

  20. #280
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I don't play Alliance because they're boring good guys with no personality.
    They've been made that way, just like the night elves have been changed.. ever wondered why?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •