1. #1

    [Mage] How do you manage haste as fire?

    So my alt mage just got the legendary metagem, and I'm running into an issue; whenever I'm affected by timewarp and metagem (and sometimes only one of those), the cast time of my fireball is less than the traveltime to the boss, so I can't turn heating up procs into Pyroblast procs with Infernoblast because it doesnt register in time.

    What do I do in this situation? Just use pyroblast when it procs and ignore inferno blasting?

  2. #2
    spam fb and pyro and ignore inferno blast. its less dps to cast inferno blast to upgrade than it is to just use fireball and pyro chains.

  3. #3
    The Patient royals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Illidan
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    spam fb and pyro and ignore inferno blast. its less dps to cast inferno blast to upgrade than it is to just use fireball and pyro chains.
    Uhh, what? This sounds a little off base here.

    Even if your Fireball is .5 second cast which would put it under the GCD, you will be able to tell if you need to IB to upgrade to pyro before your 2nd Fireball hits the target.

    Fireball(crits) then while you are casting your next one you will be able to see if you crit the first one.

    This is the first I've ever heard of this problem, especially on an alt considering haste levels in current gear, as just spam casting fireball and using pyro procs is not the way to maximise fire dps.
    <The Decoy> 2 Night/Week 10M - US - Illidan - 11/13 HC T15, 11/14 HC T16
    Our Kill Videos
    Guild Twitter: @illidandecoy
    ------------------------------------------
    Pokemon Y - Ghost Safari
    FC: 2036 - 7493 - 8881

  4. #4
    I read something on these forums about people tracking their crits with a sound rather than the game aura, that it registered more quickly. Not sure if anyone knows what I'm talking about, would appreciate more info about it though since I'm getting more frustrated with the auras the more haste I gather.

  5. #5
    High Overlord Bopcommander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Desert, USA
    Posts
    121
    That's why I dropped my haste level back down, and put it into mastery. I feel like I'm putting out better numbers. Ranked #12 last night on heroic Nazgrim 84k combustion opener, and #2 rank on normal Thok. Melee failed on Blackfuse again and we got the shield, and I may have been tabbed on Malkorok on the pull so my opener was trash. :P

  6. #6
    The Patient royals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Illidan
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by katmage View Post
    I read something on these forums about people tracking their crits with a sound rather than the game aura, that it registered more quickly. Not sure if anyone knows what I'm talking about, would appreciate more info about it though since I'm getting more frustrated with the auras the more haste I gather.
    Heres a link to what you are talking about.

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...o#post21947043
    Last edited by royals; 2013-10-18 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Fixed! Found the link.
    <The Decoy> 2 Night/Week 10M - US - Illidan - 11/13 HC T15, 11/14 HC T16
    Our Kill Videos
    Guild Twitter: @illidandecoy
    ------------------------------------------
    Pokemon Y - Ghost Safari
    FC: 2036 - 7493 - 8881

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by royals View Post
    Heres a link to what you are talking about.

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...o#post21947043
    Great, thank you. I'll give it a try.

  8. #8
    I've been using sound effects for Hot Streak and Heating up (previously was using sound effect for Hot Streak before there was a thing called heating up).

    Audio cues definitely help imo.

  9. #9
    Isn't the whole point of Fire to eventually stop using inferno blast unless you're moving? Just stop using your hot streaks until you have a heating up proc in addition to the hotstreak, problem solved.

  10. #10
    Brewmaster Methusula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafir View Post
    Isn't the whole point of Fire to eventually stop using inferno blast unless you're moving? Just stop using your hot streaks until you have a heating up proc in addition to the hotstreak, problem solved.
    With the new 2pc, you want to make sure to pump out as many pyros as possible. Fire plays a lot faster now with t16 and pyro and it's dot spreading are really the priority.
    Originally Posted by spaace
    I'm REALLY starting to get annoying with all the ignorance on these forums lately.

  11. #11
    with full t16 you will be very close to 2nd breakpoint on living bomb with a full 5stacks of the haste debuff. So to max deeeps you need to maintain it at 5 stacks whole fight. Doing this can be hard without using infernoblast. but very doable if you time everything correctly with +55% critt raidbuffed

  12. #12
    get more haste and that way you can have 2 fireballs going at the boss and then inferno blast will work for pyro

  13. #13
    I just listen to the sound queues for heating up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •