Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellmist View Post
    as far a melee classes go, ret pallies are too susceptible to CC because, unlike other melee we dont have a hard CC break
    Let's try a different approach. Bubble is the hardest class-based CC break in the entire game. What are you talking about?

I'm skeptical that bold text really helps in these situations, but you gave it a try so I'm game too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its very frustrating that, as a Ret Paladin, we are the only melee class that doesnt have some type of instant CC break.

Warriors and Dks have their fear breakers, rogues and feral druids have their speed and stealth (not to mention many CC abilities to get away), and monks have their teleport ability.

the common knowledge for Ret Pallies in arenas is to train them and force trinket/bubble after that its gg, but if it were as hard to CC pallies as hard as it is to CC other melee classes it would be a step in the right direction for pallies to become viable.

I am a ~1700 2s player that mostly teams with a lock, mage, or Dk and RBGs at 1650
    When I played 2s on my ret, it actually felt as thought I was being CCed a lot less due to FoJ. Also helps to have a healer with you instead.

Deleted
    Trinket, Freedom, Emancipate, Hand of Sacrifice, Hand of Protection to break stun/fear, Divine Shield if the "shit gets real", Aura Mastery if silenced. The problem is that Retribution paladins outside divine shield are dead ducks due to BF killing off self healing abilities which is the bread and butter of paladins.

Why should ret palas get more cc breaker? Bop - Bubble - Sac - Hand - Trinket.
    Even bop can be used as cc breakers on team mates. + Hand of sac can dispel.... And you can use both of them twice, so esentially you got 4x trinkets for your team.
    I could see ret get 10% dmg reduction or something similiar. permanent, or for 15 sec when u judgement or smth.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkie View Post
    Why should ret palas get more cc breaker? Bop - Bubble - Sac - Hand - Trinket.
    Even bop can be used as cc breakers on team mates. + Hand of sac can dispel.... And you can use both of them twice, so esentially you got 4x trinkets for your team.
    I could see ret get 10% dmg reduction or something similiar. permanent, or for 15 sec when u judgement or smth.
    Lol, its funny. There is a glyph for 10% damage reduction on their main holy power dump.

OP keeps telling everyone their arguments are full of holes but every time he responds he is forced to patch one of his own.

Ret has issues in that I believe they are ALWAYS trained to death (unless they're with a shadowpriest but lol @ that comp).

Being easily CC'd is not one of those issues. Freedom is a wonderful, wonderful spell. it isnt a sheep/fear/stun break, but its a lot easier to be CC'd when you're waddling around. If you dont consider Bubble, HoP, or HoS CC breaks then there is no helping you.

Its very frustrating that, as a Ret Paladin, we are the only melee class that doesnt have some type of instant CC break.
    What instant CC break does a rogue have? You can't count stealth as a CC break, it doesn't fucking break a CC. Unless you count root... which you must not be, as rets global that away as fast as it lands.

Every class is too susceptible to CC.

Ok So.

Divine Shield Breaks All CC.
    BoP Breaks All Physical CC example Warrior Fear Blinds Scatter shot freezing trap. usable on teammates
    Hand of Freedom all Snares and roots immune for 6 sec. usable on teammates
    Emancipate cleanses you of all Snares and Roots effective immediately until reapplied
    Cleanse Removes poison diseases and slows based from poison/diseases. usable on team mates.
    Aura Mastery Breaks Silence. AoE silence trinket for self and team mates.

Hand of MOFO Sacrifice Cleanses your teammates of all magic effects. and reduces dmg taken by 30% which is transferred to the Paladin, which in effect breaks CC. Unless glyphed for no dmg transfer which if used in say 3's or 2's(dbl dps) isn't the smartest thing you should do.

I would say if given a fear ability trinket would make Ret's TOO strong. the only problem they have is the fact they are balanced around bubble. a 5 min CD unless talented for 2.5min which is extremely effective against warriors or any class with 3 minute cool downs
    Last edited by Rennegadelawlz; 2013-10-19 at 05:58 AM.

Deleted
    i never have problems with cc because athene teach me how to shffffff around the corner

Bye

Deleted
    Ret actually has an insanely high skill cap in pvp with all the utility they have, learn to use the tools properly.