Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Ignore Arcanist. He's just full of rage and he still claims that America is doomed and leaving to head for Canada etc etc.
    So in other words: "Ignore Arcanist because he's not as agreeable as I would like him to be and he has opinions about america that I don't care for."

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    That does not say police are executing them.
    They would be stupid to say they were "executing" them, they call it "for a ride".

See? Execution is spelled E-x-e-c-u-t-i-o-n, not f-o-r-a-r-i-d-e. So it's obviously not anything remotely like it.

In fact it's worse, at least with executions you are killed relatively quickly. With this they humiliate them by driving them hours away from civilization in the cold and laugh as they drive back home while the poor walk back in the freezing cold, some die and some live.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    In other words, you cant prove it. just have to take your word for it. greaaat....
    Yeah. I get off on coming into a gaming forum's off topic section and making stuff up about the very real problem of police abuse and corruption in america.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone gets close to you with a knife and that's the end. If I was the cop I would have shot him as well.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shurkuris View Post
    They would be stupid to say they were "executing" them, they call it "for a ride".

See? Execution is spelled E-x-e-c-u-t-i-o-n, not f-o-r-a-r-i-d-e. So it's obviously not anything remotely like it.

In fact it's worse, at least with executions you are killed relatively quickly. With this they humiliate them by driving them hours away from civilization in the cold and laugh as they drive back home while the poor walk back in the freezing cold, some die and some live.
    They did it to Rambo, he turned out alright.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shurkuris View Post

Again, you have to be familiar with the community. They can kill them because who would know or care? Homeless is a big joke in america.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    So in other words: "Ignore Arcanist because he's not as agreeable as I would like him to be and he has opinions about america that I don't care for."
    No because I've argued with you before. You won't see reason, you just yell angrily.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

just what i would expect from these guys. after all they are trained to assume all civilians are armed n dangerous. the thing that pisses me off is the people will side with the police for some odd reason and state that "sure there are bad cops but most of them are good" you can ask anyone who has been arrested by the police and they will tell you the cop lied on the report. how many cops do you think have arrested other cops....very very few have. i guess these people forget that cops are human and humans have a bad track record when it comes to having power.
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by c2dholla619 View Post
    just what i would expect from these guys. after all they are trained to assume all civilians are armed n dangerous. the thing that pisses me off is the people will side with the police for some odd reason and state that "sure there are bad cops but most of them are good" you can ask anyone who has been arrested by the police and they will tell you the cop lied on the report. how many cops do you think have arrested other cops....very very few have. i guess these people forget that cops are human and humans have a bad track record when it comes to having power.
    Hint: Every time cops do something bad it gets blown out of proportion in media but they very rarely report about the good things they do. The bad ones is outnumbered vastly by the good things they do but it's not reported about in the news most of the time. Just because you see a lot of 'bad cop' cases in media does not mean it is as common as you think it is, it is just that when it happens it gets a lot of attention while the good things they do barely get any attention at all.

Most of the cops I have personally dealt with have been professional and courteous... but obviously your personal experience means more than mine, so we should ignore mine and trust you. But yes, let's go ask people who were arrested what they think of the police. I'm sure that's a good way to get an unbiased accounting.

I'm not actually saying I agree with the police in this case, but there are a *lot* of cops out there who don't do anything like this. Beyond that, while I do think the police in this case probably were in the wrong, it's also clear that there are a lot of people (including the OP) who, regardless of whether they are right or wrong, are out for blood. (If you don't believe me.... whether the suspect is mentally ill or not is completely irrelevant, so bringing it up serves no purpose other than to try and make people more emotionally outraged by painting the suspect as more vulnerable or more deserving of our sympathy than other victims... and the OP not only draws an inference from this event to other police officers, he does it to other states and jurisdictions that have no similarities whatsoever to Dallas. Instead of just being outraged over this one event, they have to use it as an excuse to make much larger attacks.)

Edit: To be more clear, if the OP was using this incident as an example of problems with the Dallas police, I would have no problems with his statements (as he's not the one who brought up the issue of the guy's mental health; that was in all of the media reports as well). Instead, his statement was: "Be warned people, if you or a loved one has a special needs child. Don't count on every cop coming to your home will be their to help you or him/her.", which implies that because a Dallas cop shot this guy, the local police in my town are now worthy of my fear and paranoia, which is simply not the case.
    Last edited by darkwarrior42; 2013-10-19 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Hint: Every time cops do something bad it gets blown out of proportion in media but they very rarely report about the good things they do. The bad ones is outnumbered vastly by the good things they do but it's not reported about in the news most of the time. Just because you see a lot of 'bad cop' cases in media does not mean it is as common as you think it is, it is just that when it happens it gets a lot of attention while the good things they do barely get any attention at all.
    good cops what do you mean by a good cop. is a good cop a cop that doesnt report another cop for clearly breaking their oath. just from that makes 90% of cops bad cops. a cop shooting someone or using unneeded use of violence isnt the only thing that can make a cop bad. all throughout history we see what people do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    Yeah. I get off on coming into a gaming forum's off topic section and making stuff up
    Sounds about right.

good cops what do you mean by a good cop. is a good cop a cop that doesnt report another cop for clearly breaking their oath. just from that makes 90% of cops bad cops. a cop shooting someone or using unneeded use of violence isnt the only thing that can make a cop bad. all throughout history we see what people do.
    78% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Edit: I'm always curious what people who hate the concept of police officers would rather we do in terms of law enforcement... I'm hoping they're not naive enough to think we don't need them, or that mob/vigilante justice wouldn't be 10 times worse...

Deleted
    Good cops are cops that actually help people, contribute to the welfare of society/people and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    78% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Edit: I'm always curious what people who hate the concept of police officers would rather we do in terms of law enforcement... I'm hoping they're not naive enough to think we don't need them, or that mob/vigilante justice wouldn't be 10 times worse...
    is that statistic about statistics made on the spot. we all know that the vast majority of cops dont arrest other cops thats a fact. so with that fact the vast majority of cops are bad cops simple logic.

not saying we dont need law enforcement. we need much more strict training program that ensures the best from the cop. what happens when you put spoiled bread into a bag of fresh bread... the rest of the bread becomes spoiled.

10+ Year Old Account
    we all know that the vast majority of cops dont arrest other cops thats a fact.

Care to show us the facts with evidence?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

'murica, fuck yeah

Infracted - please post constructively
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2013-10-19 at 02:34 PM.

is that statistic about statistics made on the spot. we all know that the vast majority of cops dont arrest other cops thats a fact. so with that fact the vast majority of cops are bad cops simple logic.

not saying we dont need law enforcement. we need much more strict training program that ensures the best from the cop. what happens when you put spoiled bread into a bag of fresh bread... the rest of the bread becomes spoiled.
    Thats awesome im sure you know every single law enforcement department world wide internal affairs workings to know this for a fact. The basic bottom line is that the cops felt threatened with an edp holding a knife (emotionally disturbed person) especially since we dont know what was said between the officers and this edp.

P.S, anyone who knows how a taser actually works would know that this wouldnt have been an ideal situation to use one, deadly force = deadly force

Quote Originally Posted by konflick View Post
    Thats awesome im sure you know every single law enforcement department world wide internal affairs workings to know this for a fact. The basic bottom line is that the cops felt threatened with an edp holding a knife (emotionally disturbed person) especially since we dont know what was said between the officers and this edp.

P.S, anyone who knows how a taser actually works would know that this wouldnt have been an ideal situation to use one, deadly force = deadly force
    may not know all that but only a ridiculously naive person would say that the majority of cops are just. didnt the eye witness say the knife was on the ground. regardless if they felt threaten or not. the video shows the guy get shot while he was motionless. if you say they did the proper thing then you are insane. if these cops felt threaten from this then they shouldnt have passed training. what do you think would happened if a civilian shot the guy instead of the cop. by your logic a cops life is greater then a civilian. the guy was tiny he would have hit the floor fast if tazed.

ps: this is coming from a gun owner. i own multiple guns: ar15, 2 Remington shotguns, 2 glocks, and over 3000 rounds. so i am not one of them guns are evil clowns

10+ Year Old Account
    I work with potential violent mentally ill guys. The #1 thing that gets a lot of people hurt or killed is that they don't defend themselves from a violent attack coming from a mentally ill person whether its because of the social stigma or they think that the person is incapable of premeditated violence. Also as someone who has seen many mentally ill guys have to get taken into to custody by the police, they will fuck up a police officer in a second. A lot of them know the law and how society sees their disabilities, they will straight up tell you that they are going to hurt you (and then try to do it) because they jails won't hold them and/or you'll get fired/go to jail if you defend yourself (not true). So everytime I see a story that paints police in a bad light because they had to apprehend a person with a mental disability I take it with a grain of salt.

The accounts from the police and the witnesses aren't too different if you remove the sensationalism. The clear difference between the two comes down to what the man was doing when he got shot, which could merely because of different POVs/attachments to the suspect. Police are on edge with these types of calls because they walking into a pretty much verified dangerous situation, usually they roll up at in the middle or the aftermath of an altercation. And you don't normally call up the police over just any altercation with a mentally disabled person because the police won't do anything (even if they hit you first) unless there is a strong chance that another altercation will happen after the police leave. They tell person to just take their meds and stay in their room for the night.

All I am saying is don't jump to conclusions, the article is pretty sensationalized.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2013-10-19 at 08:10 AM.