Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

What if Flex replaced normal and the size ranged from over 25 to 40?

Would you find that fun? Why or why not? We could definitely do 40 mans again if this was the case.

We CAN do 40 mans, but I don't think a lot of people WANT to do them. To gather that many people weekly would be atrocious to some guilds, 40 mans were nostalgic, yes, but there was a reason Blizzard stopped doing them.

There's no way they'd make more 40 man content with the issues they have in 25man. Input lag, spell effect overload, etc
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Quote Originally Posted by StrayFox View Post
    We CAN do 40 mans, but I don't think a lot of people WANT to do them. To gather that many people weekly would be atrocious to some guilds, 40 mans were nostalgic, yes, but there was a reason Blizzard stopped doing them.
    This is a thread about Flex, not 10 man vs 40 man discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    There's no way they'd make more 40 man content with the issues they have in 25man. Input lag, spell effect overload, etc
    So Isle of Conquest, Wintergrasp, Tol Barad, and Alterac Valley are ok tho?

Loath and hate flex, it should be removed. I see no fun in it now nor any fun in bigger one -_-

Are u a normal raider or LFR Raider?
    I would rather have Flex it way it is now. The Retards still can go into LFR while the pros rather go with Flex. Flex is to easy if ure running a guild group so Normals feels perfect tbh like it always have, Heroics are just to have something to do after uve done normals waiting for next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Loath and hate flex, it should be removed. I see no fun in it now nor any fun in bigger one -_-
    Good thing its 100% optional for ya then eh?

Quote Originally Posted by StrayFox View Post
    Let the people who want to do 40-mans, do it.

Bad for Flex? You realize it already scales to 25?

How is adding up another 15 players hard? They already did it once with 10 and 25 people.

40 raid = 8-9 healers from 5-6 from 25, and maybe another tank or two.

I think it would be a huge success. And it can work. We're talking 40 people. That's nothing compared to the hundreds of people waiting at an Oondasta spawn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Are u a normal raider or LFR Raider?
    I would rather have Flex it way it is now. The Retards still can go into LFR while the pros rather go with Flex.
    Because everyone who sticks to LFR is a retard, right?

Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    That's not their issue. That's your issue. It's your issue that your computer can't function at a high enough capacity to handle 25 man. I'll have you know that my 30mbps connection and my Core i5 2500k/GTX580+16GB of RAM handle 25 man just splendidly on Max/ultra.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    I don't see the fun in HC raids, so they should be also removed. I never do any heroic raids and I don't have to, but I cannot stand that other people have fun doing something I despise!

That's how this works, right?

Right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    So Isle of Conquest, Wintergrasp, Tol Barad, and Alterac Valley are ok tho?
    yes, because in pvp there are rarely all players on one spot AND they are not hardcasting all the time. that way there are WAY less effects visible

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, they didn't scale Flex up to 25.
    They have 10 and 25 and flex scales between them, you cannot just extrapolate that up to 40 players.

And Oondasta was a complete failure if you ask me, it's the best argument to why they shouldn't do such a thing.
    lolwut?

They already have scaled raids to 40 in the past. And yes, flex goes up to 25 people.

and lolwut? Oondasta proves my point. More than 40 people usually went to fight Oon at release.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather it be 10-40 than 25-40, but yeah I would like that and have it replace normal mode. It should be normal mode difficulty though

Love the convenience of Flex, I'd be thrilled if normal got the size scaling mechanisms from Flex (we're normal raiders, former 25m guild that bled raiders throughout cata so now we've got a roster of 15-20 people, scalable raid size would be ideal for us and to try to eke our way back up to 25s in a sensible manner). As for larger than 40 I'm sure it's got some draw but look at how easy it is to get 40 people even for the casual world bosses, seldom you see full groups, so I've got my doubts on how popular that would actually be.

Quote Originally Posted by Aven Ballantyne View Post
    I'd rather it be 10-40 than 25-40, but yeah I would like that and have it replace normal mode. It should be normal mode difficulty though
    sorry I made the title a little misleading, I would like it to be 10-40 as well

lolwut?

They already have scaled raids to 40 in the past. And yes, flex goes up to 25 people.

and lolwut? Oondasta proves my point. More than 40 people usually went to fight Oon at release.
    And Blizzard considered Oondasta a failure on their part for that. He wasn't supposed to be downed with huge groups, quite the opposite.

Also, they never scaled raids to 40 people. They designed raids for 40 people.

This is a thread about Flex, not 10 man vs 40 man discussion.
    It was when you started saying that flex replaces 10 man, and also that we could do 40 man. I'm explaining to you why 40 man wouldn't be successful not why its not better than 10 man. Read what you type before replying to me.

How would flex replace 10man? you can still do 10man in flex lmfao