4K monitor for 700$??

Was looking around E-Bay for random items and came across this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seiki-SE39UY...item485ac2ae5c

Have they really gone down this much in price in the past few months or do you think this is just some low grade panel.

I bought a 1440p QNIX from some shanghai dealer and it is running great as of today. Just wondering if anyone has heard of Seiki befor.

Thanks
    what

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2421100,00.asp

Yeah, I've heard as Seiki.

That review is for the 50-inch variant. It seems ok. I guess it will deliver a 4K experience. As a small company that isn't well known, I'm not sure how good Seiki customer support will be if you get dead pixels or encounter any issues.

There's a reason it's cheaper, though. I think it's like with the Korean panels, the duds just get sent off to lesser known 'brands' and sold really cheap
    Color accuracy was disappointing, as seen in the CIE color chart to the left. White was warm and slightly green, while red, green, and blue all missed the mark compared with their ideal values. The chart shows the measured values in circles and the ideal values in the squares, and green and red barely got within range while blue was completely off.
    - - - Updated - - -

Also, I'm not sure if I'd call a 39" screen a monitor. I think 23" is already quite large.

Edit: Not to mention that it is atm capped at 30Hz at 4k resolution because of current HDMI/DP restrictions
    Gaming Rig: CPU: i7-3770k @ 4.5Ghz | CPU Cooler: H100i | Motherboard: GA-Z77X-D3H | RAM: 2x4GB 1600MHz |GPU: GTX 780 | PSU: Corsair TX750M | Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker | SSD1 (Boot drive): 120GB Kingston | SSD2: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO | HDD: 1TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda | Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Black) | Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 | Audio: Razer Tiamat 7.1 | Monitor: LG IPS234 (1920x1080)

10+ Year Old Account
    it's junk, don't buy, that panel was a quick attempt to get an early 4k panel on the market, and because it's using HDMI, you can't do better than 30Hz
    Last edited by Cyanotical; 2013-10-19 at 05:42 AM.