Deleted

Exclamation [BrM] Need Help Garrosh 10man Normal

Hi
    I've some issues with the monk tanking. On Garrosh adds when i tank them i get instant killed sometimes.
    And its feel like i take too much damage sometimes. I wonder if its me or if the healers or dps doing something wrong.
    I know some tries i fuck up on the wheel..don't bother point that out
    And if it's something i can do with my gear etc i will appreciate all the help.
    I played MSV/HoF/ToES normal then i took a break so im pretty new to tanking again so maybe it's something that happend that i didnt think about.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...pyron/advanced

Logs: Full Logs http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-nr5b4i9p6hoahu87/

Best try this week: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=12486&e=13181

and week before that Full Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-xzmsb9qs8vhfkbtb/

and best try for that week: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-xzmsb9qs8vhfkbtb/

Please help me out here, they're whining on me, so I've no clue what's going wrong sometimes :/

Yours Leepy

Deleted
    First of all, your ilvl is a bit low and you don't have your cloak yet. The good news is it will just get easier with more loot.

Your legs are not enchanted or gemmed, I guess that is because you just got them but I still would pause the raid and have that fixed for progression against Garrosh.

You have gone for high mastery which I would advice against. High mastery is good against big hits, but you will be taking a lot of small to medium hits from the adds. To make mastery good when you have a steady high stream of incomming damage you would have to constantly purify which cannot be done without loosing Shuffle. I propose you go for more crit, either balanced crit/mastery or max crit (your ilvl doesn't give you a lot of secondary stat points anyway).

Even more important is the execution. Do it like this:
    - You pick up Garrosh first to build up a bit of vengeance.
    - You then take adds while the other tank taunts Garrosh, and then you drag them back to Garrosh and taunt him again. You do this to gain vengeance, because the adds do not hit very hard before Garrosh does Hellscream's Warsong.
    - Build a lot of shuffle time and elusive brew stacks, only pop purifying brew if you go crazy high on stagger (80%+).
    - When Hellscream's Warsong is cast the other tank taunts garrosh and you pop elusive brew and get ready to purify and guard. You can also communicate with a healer to put a damage reduction on you.
    - Because you built so much shuffle time you can purify a lot.
    - (Off topic tip: Shortly after the farseer will spawn, taunt him).
    - When the iron star spawns aoe stun the adds and roll out well in time. No need to do a close roll, the adds will be stunned and slowed. (Because you taunted the farseer he will stand casting in the iron star and take damage as well).
    - Rince and repeat.

Best Wishes!

Bobolix, EU-Outland
    Last edited by mmoc25fd995533; 2013-10-18 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Hellscream's Warsong

I had a similar issue. I fixed the problem by switching roles with my other tank, DK. Monks are much better suited to tanking Garrosh's big, slow hits, while DKs excel at fast hits.

I also tank adds for my groups garrosh attempts and i have no issue with them, i do 10m with a crit build. I have never died to them or even come close to think i will with them. Some things i find a little wrong with the logs are your shuffle uptime is really low about an average of 65% across all of the attempts you linked and that you're using breath of fire with the already low shuffle uptime. I would recommend not using breath of fire at all if you're having issues with the adds. Your job is to not die, not do as much as you can to the boss. If your stagger is red it doesn't mean to auto cleanse it also, try to get a weakaura or an addon to track your stagger to make sure it doesnt get to out of hand.

EDIT: Try using ring of peace on the adds to just to lighten some dmg output

If you are tanking them close to garrosh, ring of peace every time he casts warsong.

Don't aoe stun them and instruct the raid not to as it will sync up all of their swing timers making you much more susceptible to burst damage.

You spawn a load of orbs aoeing them pay attention to your health and move into a stack anytime you spike.

I tank the adds and boss in phase 1, first set don't even need any cds as they are dead before warsong is even cast, 2nd set pop dampen harm(to mitigate garrosh hits, not applicable if you aren't tanking him as well) along with ring of peace for warsong, 3rd set purifying brew. Don't get a 4th set. Really though, ring of peace is the strongest cd against them.

Also judging by the fact you had an 11+ min attempt 2 healing, dps is a major issue. You should be running Xuen instead of RJW, RJW is worthless for the actual hard parts of the fight and Xuen is 20% of my dps on the fight. Xuen is also better aoe for the first pack of adds then rjw. If you're comfortable doing it soaking annihilates with the realm buff+dampen harm+avert harm+zen med gives loads of vengeance and is a nice boost when a group is struggling with dps.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2013-10-19 at 05:56 AM.

Deleted
    Some good points posted after mine, I'll address them with my experiences to tie a more complete picture of how the fight looks to me.

As zurm sais, Monks are not a well suited class for many small hits. The reason why we have me tanking them in my guild is just that I have an easier time picking them up. Also if I tank Garrosh a single Keg Smash is likely to give me aggro on all of them anyway. Another reason is that it is easy for a monk to make sure they die in the iron star by stunning them and rolling out well in time.

As strains sais, shuffle uptime is prio by a long shot. You don't need to do stellar aoe on the adds, the iron star and combined raid cleave will finish them off.

As Tech614 sais, never ever stun the adds unless it is just before the iron star. A synched swing timer can mean one shot. And since aoe damage is not prio, use Xuen. Garrosh is a fight made significantly easier with more dps which you'll see when you get further in your progress. We use 2 healers to make sure we can reach phase 3 before the 3rd transition phase.