Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Health.gov prices and so much misinformation

https://www.healthcare.gov/find-premium-estimates/

^ There for christ sake. I am so sick of the stupidity. View the prices before you purchase. Just remember these prices are without any subsidies. The site has problems and capability issues with different browsers, but you can atleast see the prices in your area.

MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, and Fox news have all clearly missed this link on the website. They added it a few days ago. Not in a easy to find spot mind you.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, that site just links you to another site for your state. It does not actually contain any information itself.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Catastrophic will cost me 190 a month.

Before even looking at subsidies, I would save about $100 per month switching to a silver plan, opposed to what I have been paying through my company for years for myself and my children.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh man. Had I not locked myself in with open enrollment in September, I would be switching this year. I guess there's always next year.

Much higher than we pay for Cigna in pa through my husbands company for a family plan. 3-4 hundred more.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    It would only cost me $100 a month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    $131 in my area. That's actually really a good price. Of course I'm covered by my employer, so it doesn't matter.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Luckily I did some research for myself and some buddies and found that as long as I enroll in the Veterans health Program with the VA when I get out ill be exempt from the ACA.

I was worried about the cost of healthcare when I get out of the military, and I know I can't afford to pay any fines.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just got myself insurance as an individual from United Healthcare. DO I need to double check this? Would suck to get fined because my insurance isnt correct when Im making 0 dollars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tony - if you've deployed, the VA will cover you for free for 5 years after you get out, but will not cover any family you may have. You can get enroll in the Continued Healthcare Benefit Program for your family, but that runs about $800 a month for the family plan, so you're likely to be better off going through the ACA exchanges.

Quote Originally Posted by Euphonious Monk View Post
    Tony - if you've deployed, the VA will cover you for free for 5 years after you get out, but will not cover any family you may have. You can get enroll in the Continued Healthcare Benefit Program for your family, but that runs about $800 a month for the family plan, so you're likely to be better off going through the ACA exchanges.
    Well the only person I have to worry about covering is myself, and im expecting to get out on at least 40% disability, which should put me squarely in priority group 2.

heres where im pulling my info from

http://www.va.gov/health/aca/

and as far as what I should be covered

http://hbexplorer.vacloud.us/Benefit...tributes=False

from what i understand the only things I will havw to worry about paying are the 15$ copays for non-service related aliments, and the 8$ medication fee

PErhaps you are better informed on the subject, is there something im missing?

Agree with this!

I will be paying 28.11 per month after subsidies. I feel like most of the hate about the ACA comes from people who haven't even looked up prices in their area or never got far enough into the application to see if they would receive subsidies.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakura Chambers View Post
    It would only cost me $100 a month.
    and it costs me 141 a month, with no income. Looks like im goin to jail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    Can I have your currency from any games you play?
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    I'm paying 280 a month with no income, but its cheaper than if i suddenly land in the blasted hospital.

You do know all these prices are going to get worse, Obama(terror king) already stated he WANTS A SINGLE PAYER SYSTEM. I can't believe libs still don't see where this is headed, it's really shocking...

Regardless, $500+(bluecross blue shield $802) a month for my wife and i, before that, less than $100, but this is old news, ive already seen my numbers.

FUCK OBAMA.

Oh yeah, you idiot poor lazy 30 year old gamers with no job and refuse to get one, need a successful married couple to support you...PUT FUCKING OBAMA on this shit, he created it, but wont touch it, same goes for congress. fucking bullshit, i gota support people that HATE ME because im christian, or hate me because i dont want to pay for your abortions(1.3 BILLION babies aborted world wide since 1980) or hate me because i dont want to see gays married, but you dont mind letting me support your welfare ass. You love holding out your greedy worthless hands for MY MONEY! Where is your pride and self esteem? Are you men or buckets of spineless jelly?

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2013-10-19 at 03:59 PM.

It's actually funny to watch. The backlash from this allegedly affordable. affordable care act is already starting.

I wonder if the republicans can spin it down the line that they tried to get rid of it via shutdown and become PR gods.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Won't load the page that's supposed to show my rate. *shrug* I highly doubt it could be worse than any of the cheapest private plans.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wdh1974 View Post
    You do know all these prices are going to get worse, Obama(terror king) already stated he WANTS A SINGLE PAYER SYSTEM. I can't believe libs still don't see where this is headed, it's really shocking...

Regardless, $500+(bluecross blue shield $802) a month for my wife and i, before that, less than $100, but this is old news, ive already seen my numbers.

FUCK OBAMA.

Oh yeah, you idiot poor lazy 30 year old gamers with no job and refuse to get one, need a successful married couple to support you...PUT FUCKING OBAMA on this shit, he created it, but wont touch it, same goes for congress. fucking bullshit, i gota support people that HATE ME because im christian, or hate me because i dont want to pay for your abortions(1.3 BILLION babies aborted world wide since 1980) or hate me because i dont want to see gays married, but you dont mind letting me support your welfare ass. You love holding out your greedy worthless hands for MY MONEY! Where is your pride and self esteem? Are you men or buckets of spineless jelly?
    Single-payer works fairly well for the rest of the Western Industrialized world; the United States is pretty much one of the last Western nations that does not have a universal healthcare system.

The rest of the Western world has significantly better healthcare systems than the United States, too, and they have not collapsed into tyrannical dictators the way certain hyperbolic right-wing politicians and pundits have claimed such a system would lead to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    It's actually funny to watch. The backlash from this allegedly affordable. affordable care act is already starting.

I wonder if the republicans can spin it down the line that they tried to get rid of it via shutdown and become PR gods.
    The law isn't even in full effect, genius; that's not until January 1, 2014. And Obamacare actually has a slim majority of support if you look at the polling honestly; of the people who dislike the law, roughly 8-16% (the exact percent changes depending on the poll) dislike the law because it doesn't go far enough. Yet conservatives lump them together with people who hate it, period, when it'd be more accurate to lump the people who want the law to go further (I.E, enact a single-payer system) with people who support it as it.

Beyond that, Medicare, the last program of this scale, when it was first implemented was deeply unpopular and had its issues. Fast-forward nearly fifty years later, and Medicare is, along with Social Security, among the third rails of American politics: Touch them and die.

And of course, Medicare Part D, President Bushes initiative, was also deeply unpopular and glitchy when it came out, too, and yet is now considered a success.

And a vast majority of Americans opposed shutting down the government over the Affordable Care Act, and multiple polls are opposed to defunding/repealing it. I think most people want to give the law a chance, because our healthcare costs have increased something like 133% over the last ten years, while wages only increased 38%.
    Last edited by Zaydin; 2013-10-19 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Single-payer works fairly well for the rest of the Western Industrialized world; the United States is pretty much one of the last Western nations that does not have a universal healthcare system.

The rest of the Western world has significantly better healthcare systems than the United States, too, and they have not collapsed into tyrannical dictators the way certain hyperbolic right-wing politicians and pundits have claimed such a system would lead to.

- - - Updated - - -

The law isn't even in full effect, genius; that's not until January 1, 2014. And Obamacare actually has a slim majority of support if you look at the polling honestly; of the people who dislike the law, roughly 8-16% (the exact percent changes depending on the poll) dislike the law because it doesn't go far enough. Yet conservatives lump them together with people who hate it, period, when it'd be more accurate to lump the people who want the law to go further (I.E, enact a single-payer system) with people who support it as it.

And a vast majority of Americans opposed shutting down the government over the Affordable Care Act, and multiple polls are opposed to defunding/repealing it. I think most people want to give the law a chance, because our healthcare costs have increased something like 133% over the last ten years, while wages only increase 38%.

I think that's arguable, like you said, it's not in full effect. Once it is, i'll look at pollls. Right now republicans are so far in the red it isn't funny. But if backlash mounts formidably against these prices, then the republicans can effectivley spin that.

Right now it's all conjecture. We'll see how the cards fall.

And for the sake of political discussion here's my disclaimer:

"Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, Any organized political party, can burn. I wouldn't shed a single tear"
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"