Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Stephen Fry speaks with Russian lawmaker

Stephen Fry having a conversation with a Russian lawmaker regarding an anti-gay law.
    http://gawker.com/stephen-fry-hands-...ass-1447405079

The things that the Russian guy says are astounding. He starts with a semi-reasoned argument that is designed to invoke a "protect the children" thought and it devolves into something about angels when he's cornered.

Deleted
    Stephen Fry is awesome.

Deleted
    Another politician proven to be really stupid ? Shocker.

Deleted
    "Gay people, most of them are lying about their problems because they like to be favourite and famous blabla" - Wow, just wow. That guy is.. just.. I don't know what to say about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    "Gay people, most of them are lying about their problems because they like to be favourite and famous blabla" - Wow, just wow. That guy is.. just.. I don't know what to say about that.
    Clearly Gay people are secretly Illumanti conspiring to take over the world.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Kind of lost hope for Russia, some people are ok there - but the majority in figurehead positions? Terrible.

Deleted
    As a heterosexual man I do not care much about the anti-gay laws in Russia, my Boyfriend might be a little pissed off though.

I only saw a short clip of the program he made, but it looked like it was pretty powerful stuff, difficult to believe that there are places even worse to be gay than Russia but the program appeared to find them! Stephen Fry's a legend though, massively intelligent & not afraid to speak his mind when the mood takes him.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Stephen Fry is awesome.
    Agreed, there's a reason why he's a National Treasure.

Had him confused for "Philip" Fry. I almost came in here laughing very hard.
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...

Deleted
    wow! don't even know what to say to that, great interview, love Stephen Fry!

10+ Year Old Account
    Another religious nut job politician using his position to push his religious agenda, only difference here than America is they managed to make it a law, they'll keep trying in America.

Deleted
    You're asking a russian to perfectly express his motives under pressure with ignorant fiery eyes upon him.

GG

Anyway i think this law is bullshit but all this drama is only going to fuel the hate for LGBT from the huge amount of gay hating russians, heck since all this crap you have to be on your guard or these pink LGBT flag humpers will force a whole pole down your throat here in Leeuwarden(frisia)

Honestly just shut the fuck up you damned attention seekers and go suck your boyfriend's dick in your fabulous bedroom instead of in the public. I don't hate gays, i hate loud LGBT flag wavers forcing their shit upon you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiz View Post
    You're asking a russian to perfectly express his motives under pressure with ignorant fiery eyes upon him.

GG

Anyway i think this law is bullshit but all this drama is only going to fuel the hate for LGBT from the huge amount of gay hating russians, heck since all this crap you have to be on your guard or these pink LGBT flag humpers will force a whole pole down your throat here in Leeuwarden(frisia)

Honestly just shut the fuck up you damned attention seekers and go suck your boyfriend's dick in your fabulous bedroom instead of in the public. I don't hate gays, i hate loud LGBT flag wavers forcing their shit upon you.
    Nobody has been sucking anybodies dick in public, also, straights should stop fingering in public too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Nobody has been sucking anybodies dick in public, also, straights should stop fingering in public too.
    Welp you beat me D:

Deleted
    How often does that actually happen in the public do you think - in comparison to the amount that happens in someones homes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    How often does that actually happen in the public do you think - in comparison to the amount that happens in someones homes?
    Obviously he is implying that gay people can not control their sexual urges - because, you know, gay and stuff.

I wonder how some people can be so thoroughly ignorant and yet still manage to learn how to use a keyboard / mouse / post on a forum.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    The funny thing is that the same guys (and it's usually guys) who say this don't give a shit when they their straight buddies constantly harping about how much they want to fuck this or that woman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FathomFear View Post
    The funny thing is that the same guys (and it's usually guys) who say this don't give a shit when they their straight buddies constantly harping about how much they want to fuck this or that woman.
    I think he was referring to gay pride parades. Admittedly, it's a little bit odd when people cry for equality but dress up as a fairy and run around. I mean, you can do what you want, but gay, straight, asexual, or whatever, if you're dressing up like a fairy and dancing around I'm going to have a hard time finding a conversational medium for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

10+ Year Old Account
    Anti-gay people are funny sometimes. There's a tea party guy in one of my classes that I debate with frequently. We were talking about the anti-gay laws in Russia this week. We were actually having a good debate about the role of the state in handling romantic relationships, and as soon as my sexuality came up the entire debate turned into a one way interrogation session against me. "But you told me you weren't gay...why didn't you bring it up before? You have a bias!", he says as I tried to explain to him that bisexual people exist, are actually bisexual, and everyone has a bias.....

I think that people who are like that don't care whether or not gayness hurts the community or some other bullshit. I just think they feel uncomfortable about sexuality in general and would rather use the government to "sanitize" it than deal with the fact that people are different and that's okay. They're childish.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.