Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

[BrM] Having some issue's in Challenge Modes

Hello, I have been reading the forums on mmo champ for awhile but i never posted (or made an account) until today. I rolled a monk awhile back (beginning of mop) but never leveled it until the end of august when i came back to playing after a 9month break. I started recently doing challenge modes, but after watching numerous videos on youtube i noticed my damage output, and healing output seems low and dmg intake seems high in comparison to everyone else's. I know that the people posting the videos have been doing them alot more then me so have more experience but i still feel i can change things and get more out of my toon then i currently am (i have read the guides on elitist jerks, wow forums, mmo champ monk forums numerous times but still cant pinpoint what exactly im doing wrong).

my armory is /us.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Allakazam/simple-

i change my glyphs depending on what cm we do, i've completed 6 gold so far running with a disc priest, and our intent is to push fast times after i get golds in all 9, but i feel im holding the group back personally. i am currently getting mats together for the engi helm and working on leveling my LW, i know the LW wrist agi enchant would help decently along with the helm.

usually i open up with leg sweep once i have aggro to start my stun, then i keg smash>BoK >tiger palm for buff then depending on the pull i either SCK or chain BoF with the glyph for the disorient. i've also noticed that it seems when the disorient ends that the mobs swing timers all reset and just demolish me, i let my healer know i occasionally will let shuffle drop to gain more vengeance from taking more dmg (is that actually necessary, or is that to dangerous) we always run with different people, i don't know if that has anything to do with it.

i have the dmf agi trinket, and windswept pages refuses to drop for me -.-. is there a specific rotation im supposed to use for cms or is it the same rotation everyone puts up in their guides on forums? we rotate what cooldowns (pain supp, barrier, fort brew) depending on trash. also i try to keep powerguard up, but beyond all of this i still seem to be getting rocked.

any help and input would be very much appreciated

- - - Updated - - -

i cant post links yet (first time ever posting) so i removed the first part of the link to be able to post my armory

Quote Originally Posted by reaper101 View Post
    usually i open up with leg sweep once i have aggro to start my stun, then i keg smash>BoK >tiger palm for buff then depending on the pull i either SCK or chain BoF with the glyph for the disorient. i've also noticed that it seems when the disorient ends that the mobs swing timers all reset and just demolish me, i let my healer know i occasionally will let shuffle drop to gain more vengeance from taking more dmg (is that actually necessary, or is that to dangerous) we always run with different people, i don't know if that has anything to do with it.
    From that, it sounds like you're not keeping shuffle up. It'd also be more beneficial to use RJW over Xuen in most cases (as there's a lot of trash that needs clearing, and it takes 2 seconds to switch to/from Xuen/RJW anyways).
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    on the last one we did just (seige) and the first one we did i used sck(i probaly should have clarified in original post), the others i was using rjw, but even with rjw it seemed spikey for damage intake. is that normal, or is that my playstyle do you think? would you recomend switching talents during downtime or chosing ahead of time. im usually running diff magic, i only used healing elixers during one of them to see if that would make any difference in making me easier to heal.

I haven't changed my glyphs for any of them. Fort Brew + Breath of Fire... and I guess I used to run spinning crane kick but I got RJW now.

Your gear really shouldn't matter at all.

Avoid opening up with a stun unless it's a very dangerous pack. Only one I can think up off the top of my head is the hallways after the 1st boss in scarlet halls where I get all 9 mobs together and the fanatics rape... this way you actually get some vengeance before they are stunned.

You don't get more vengeance if you take more damage, not sure where you heard this. You get 1.5% of unmitigated damage, even if you avoid it. If you have a + % damage debuff on you and you dodge, you will get vengeance as if it wasn't there, and if you do get it, it will act as if it was there (Somebody verify this?). Pretty much don't let shuffle fall off.

Again, gear really doesn't matter. Just use any agi based dps trinkets besides Bad JuJu... god i hate that thing proccing right before invis.

What do you mean by you "try" to keep power-guard up? You shouldn't have the energy to gcd cap so what do you do between abilities if not tiger palm?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper101 View Post
    Hello, I have been reading the forums on mmo champ for awhile but i never posted (or made an account) until today. I rolled a monk awhile back (beginning of mop) but never leveled it until the end of august when i came back to playing after a 9month break. I started recently doing challenge modes, but after watching numerous videos on youtube i noticed my damage output, and healing output seems low and dmg intake seems high in comparison to everyone else's. I know that the people posting the videos have been doing them alot more then me so have more experience but i still feel i can change things and get more out of my toon then i currently am (i have read the guides on elitist jerks, wow forums, mmo champ monk forums numerous times but still cant pinpoint what exactly im doing wrong).

my armory is /us.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Allakazam/simple-

i change my glyphs depending on what cm we do, i've completed 6 gold so far running with a disc priest, and our intent is to push fast times after i get golds in all 9, but i feel im holding the group back personally. i am currently getting mats together for the engi helm and working on leveling my LW, i know the LW wrist agi enchant would help decently along with the helm.

i have the dmf agi trinket, and windswept pages refuses to drop for me -.-. is there a specific rotation im supposed to use for cms or is it the same rotation everyone puts up in their guides on forums? we rotate what cooldowns (pain supp, barrier, fort brew) depending on trash. also i try to keep powerguard up, but beyond all of this i still seem to be getting rocked.

any help and input would be very much appreciated

- - - Updated - - -

i cant post links yet (first time ever posting) so i removed the first part of the link to be able to post my armory
    That doesn't really work, atleast not to any appreciateable degree. And if you are going for decent times gear definitely matters.

I haven't done CM's since the new patch but I hold(held) some of the best times for BrM monk setup and what helps the most is planning your cooldowns ahead of time and having your healer know, or tell him, when high damage is expected and when it is not. Cheesing veng is everything, on big pulls you'll want to save your leg sweep for a time when you have peaked vengeance and your Cds are about to drop off. Starting with leg sweep is very unproductive as it nerfs your vengeance and does almost nothing for your damage intake on account of your nerfed healing and DPS.

For trinkets if you aren't alch Windswept pages + DMF trinket seems to be the best.

For weapons try to get 2x 1handesr with extra socket from ToT (twins preferred) and get as many sockets as possible. That being said, if you only want gold you should be able to hit it in any gear.

If you want a good idea of how to go for high-times check Klosterbro and co. They are head and shoulders above every other challenge mode team. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PTGjOEC290
    Last edited by mmoc448a445bf2; 2013-10-19 at 02:28 PM.