Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    5.4 State of Restoration Shaman.

    Hey guys. Just curious on what you guys think of Resto shamans at the moment. If you had to put the healing specs in a ranking, how would you rank them?

    Do you guys feel like there is anything wrong with resto at the moment?

    Any other comments?


    I'm just curious how you guys feel, as I main a mistweaver monk and mistweaver's have a few issues, but that's irrelevant to this particular discussion.


    EDIT: I'd also like to add the question of fight excellence. Are there any particular fights in SoO that you feel Resto Shamans are far superior to another class for a particular fight? (E.G Immersues because of chain heal, etc.)

    EDIT#2: One more question. How much spirit are some of you shooting for? I currently have 6k spirit (REALLY low ilvl, just hit 90), but notice that I already have nearly 11k mana regen in combat. Compare that to my monk, where I have almost 10k spirit and I believe I'm at the same. Granted I have the mana tea on my monk, just curious if shaman's get any sort of outrageous mana bonus (outside of water shield, unless that's literally it.)
    Last edited by ElfinHilon10; 2013-10-22 at 02:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    Total capitalism, on the other hand, is a system where the few are the winners, and the rest are powerless. It is also an impossible system, because the vast majority of people will be unhappy. And when that happens, the winners of yesterday tend to be the lynched of today, and the system is changed.
    Welcome to America. Here is your corrupt politician, complementary gun, and your fixed news. Hope you enjoy your stay.

  2. #2
    Not to belittle your question here, but this will open a can of worms.

    Raid bots will answer your questions about rankings without all the subjective noise that will happen

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Hursey View Post
    Not to belittle your question here, but this will open a can of worms.

    Raid bots will answer your questions about rankings without all the subjective noise that will happen
    Yeah I don't trust raidbots. The biggest problem is that it uploads EVERYTHING from everyone, regardless if they are "trying" or "skilled."

    I'm really just looking for opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    Total capitalism, on the other hand, is a system where the few are the winners, and the rest are powerless. It is also an impossible system, because the vast majority of people will be unhappy. And when that happens, the winners of yesterday tend to be the lynched of today, and the system is changed.
    Welcome to America. Here is your corrupt politician, complementary gun, and your fixed news. Hope you enjoy your stay.

  4. #4
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    364
    In 25m, rshamans are probably right next to disc priest for top. In 10m we're still one of the strongest, but everyone is pretty equal in 10m.
    Sensations
    Heroic Garrosh Rshaman Solo Heal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QwrNPHm02c

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymitylol View Post
    In 25m, rshamans are probably right next to disc priest for top. In 10m we're still one of the strongest, but everyone is pretty equal in 10m.
    Yeah I feel like Monk or paladin is probably top in 10 man. Shamans are REALLY close behind and if theres a shaman who knows what he is doing better than a paladin/monk, then the shaman will win hands down.
    Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    Total capitalism, on the other hand, is a system where the few are the winners, and the rest are powerless. It is also an impossible system, because the vast majority of people will be unhappy. And when that happens, the winners of yesterday tend to be the lynched of today, and the system is changed.
    Welcome to America. Here is your corrupt politician, complementary gun, and your fixed news. Hope you enjoy your stay.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ElfinHilon10 View Post
    EDIT: I'd also like to add the question of fight excellence. Are there any particular fights in SoO that you feel Resto Shamans are far superior to another class for a particular fight? (E.G Immersues because of chain heal, etc.)
    Have I been doing it wrong then, because I've been just using healing surge on them...usually one heals them to full, and chain heal seems to take a bit more, except the initial to slow them down possibly lol, and even then it's only if I happen to luck out and get a group...usually I'm that healer where only 2-3 are near me, like how on Sha of Pride I might be lucky to see the buff hit me once every other week.

    Personally I like where resto shamans are right now as a 10 man raider, I don't feel like there's any huge issues.
    My shaman I guess if you want to see it or something.
    I'm here to post and be witty, and I'm all out of wit.

  7. #7
    The more spread the raid is, the less effective Resto Shaman is - but you can partly negate this with proper glyphs and talents.

    In 25 man there is a lot more players than in 10 man, so it is much more likely Resto Shaman's spells will be able to connect/jump/reach wounded people.

    Overall Resto Shamans can heal anything pretty damn well, with the weakest point being very spread raid healing.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    The more spread the raid is, the less effective Resto Shaman is - but you can partly negate this with proper glyphs and talents.

    In 25 man there is a lot more players than in 10 man, so it is much more likely Resto Shaman's spells will be able to connect/jump/reach wounded people.

    Overall Resto Shamans can heal anything pretty damn well, with the weakest point being very spread raid healing.
    What fights would you say are the weakness? Immersues and Thok?
    Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    Total capitalism, on the other hand, is a system where the few are the winners, and the rest are powerless. It is also an impossible system, because the vast majority of people will be unhappy. And when that happens, the winners of yesterday tend to be the lynched of today, and the system is changed.
    Welcome to America. Here is your corrupt politician, complementary gun, and your fixed news. Hope you enjoy your stay.

  9. #9
    Kinda boring, too much smart healing. Not a lot of glyph choice for 10m. 2pc is really useful but it does not show up as our healing.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ElfinHilon10 View Post
    What fights would you say are the weakness? Immersues and Thok?
    Malkorok is a big one

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviators View Post
    Kinda boring, too much smart healing. Not a lot of glyph choice for 10m. 2pc is really useful but it does not show up as our healing.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Malkorok is a big one
    Just gonna play devil's advocate for a second here, but if you find shaman boring, why not roll another class? I can understand if you have a lot built up for your shaman now, but why not change next expansion or something?

    Yeah I could see him being pretty bad at times. Even more so for 10 man.
    Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    Total capitalism, on the other hand, is a system where the few are the winners, and the rest are powerless. It is also an impossible system, because the vast majority of people will be unhappy. And when that happens, the winners of yesterday tend to be the lynched of today, and the system is changed.
    Welcome to America. Here is your corrupt politician, complementary gun, and your fixed news. Hope you enjoy your stay.

  11. #11
    In 10-man they're in a very healthy spot. This is the happiest I've been with resto shaman in the history of WoW. We have a fair number of glyph and talent options that help us cope with certain encounter mechanics so we aren't particularly crippled on any encounter like we were in tier 15. Movement can still be troublesome and fights like Iron Jug can be frustrating because we can't reach anywhere close to our potential but we're still competitive on most fights. Our weakest fights I would say are Iron Jug and Dark Shaman, and our strongest I think are Fallen Protectors, Norushen, Thok, Malkorak. Currently I aim for 11k spirit (558), 9k haste and the rest crit.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrun View Post
    In 10-man they're in a very healthy spot. This is the happiest I've been with resto shaman in the history of WoW. We have a fair number of glyph and talent options that help us cope with certain encounter mechanics so we aren't particularly crippled on any encounter like we were in tier 15. Movement can still be troublesome and fights like Iron Jug can be frustrating because we can't reach anywhere close to our potential but we're still competitive on most fights. Our weakest fights I would say are Iron Jug and Dark Shaman, and our strongest I think are Fallen Protectors, Norushen, Thok, Malkorak. Currently I aim for 11k spirit (558), 9k haste and the rest crit.

    Ah ok cool. 558 Is your item level right? Thanks for that info. Really appreciate it
    Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    Total capitalism, on the other hand, is a system where the few are the winners, and the rest are powerless. It is also an impossible system, because the vast majority of people will be unhappy. And when that happens, the winners of yesterday tend to be the lynched of today, and the system is changed.
    Welcome to America. Here is your corrupt politician, complementary gun, and your fixed news. Hope you enjoy your stay.

  13. #13
    Yea 558 ilvl. Since you're just starting out I'd suggest aiming for more spirit until you get the legendary meta gem, it's worth a solid 4k+ spirit depending on how you use it. Crit is also favorable to Int at a lower ilvl because of the regen it provides. Any form of "outrageous mana bonus" would be a result of the LMG, it has a fairly reliable proc chance and I can usually manage to get my HST's in when it procs which saves a lot of mana by itself; when a lot isn't going on you can also utilize it's uptime to spam HS for high Resurgence mana returns. Some folks glyph Totemic Recall and place extraneous totems during its proc so they can later use recall for a mana boost. This method I've found unfavorable because the sheer number of GCD's required to do it. If you're playing in a large healing team where spending a lot of GCD's won't be noticeable in the raids total healing output I imagine it's effective;but two healing everything most of my GCD's are used on something completely vital to raid survival and losing even 1 can cause a drop in total raid healing output that could compromise an attempt, hardly any backup if I doddle with extra totems and recalls.

    I'm curious what "issues" you are finding mistweavers to have. I just picked up my alt and am gearing him through LFR/flex but am still just too inexperienced to possibly be aware of terrible class flaws with MW. What in particular is troublesome about their current state?

    On a side note to all of this, raid comp and who you're healing with can greatly change the state of a shaman, you might want to consider that if you're re-rolling to fill the raid spot for your mistweaver. I hear a lot of shaman hating on Malkorak but I absolutely love it and heal it with a disc priest, I wouldn't scoff at averaging 300k+ hps on that fight pretty effortlessly, while if I were healing with a resto druid I imagine the numbers would turn out quite different.
    Last edited by Barrun; 2013-10-22 at 07:01 AM.

  14. #14
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Magtheridon
    Posts
    127
    For me the biggest improvement is Chain Heal and the Glyph of Chaining, I never used it in t15 because of the 4 sec cd. Not having to spam chain heal is quite nice and having it bounce fully and heal for a consistent amount it great. The talent Rushing Streams has improved our spread out healing from last tier, but I still find heavy movement phases a pain.

    Our strengths are definitely encounters where you can stack fully or partially:- Protectors, Norushen, Sha of Pride, Galakras, Thok, Malkorok and Garrosh. With the change to Healing Rain, a well placed one can make a massive difference and a nice boost to your healing.

    Only things that annoying me with the shaman atm, is our iffy set bonuses (2 piece is great, but we don't get credited for it) and our mastery.

    I have 12.5k spirit, which is good for me, 9.3k haste and 30% crit (fully buffed) ilvl 557
    Last edited by Haedraline; 2013-10-22 at 07:38 AM.
    “I’m like King Midas in reverse. Everything I touch turns to shit.”

  15. #15
    Mechagnome Zenora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In a van near you!
    Posts
    666
    I feel that the more people that are in a raid (so lfr, flex or 25 man) the higher my healing done. Its also that you basically only use 2 spells and 2 totems each fight, well maybe a refresh on earthshield and a riptide, but mostly only healing rain and chain heal spam filled with healing stream totem and healing tide when things go tits up
    Last edited by Zenora; 2013-10-22 at 08:36 AM.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by ElfinHilon10 View Post
    Are there any particular fights in SoO that you feel Resto Shamans are far superior to another class for a particular fight? (E.G Immersues because of chain heal, etc.)
    wait, chain heal jumps to oozes?

  17. #17
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Magtheridon
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by marklar View Post
    wait, chain heal jumps to oozes?
    It does idd
    “I’m like King Midas in reverse. Everything I touch turns to shit.”

  18. #18
    I don't feel too great about a spell that accounts for about 3% of my spell rotation, yet accounts for 30%+ of my total healing done. I'm talking about talented Healing Stream. Is there a dps class with a similar disproportion? Imagine how silly it would feel if Searing Totem accounted for 30% of ele shaman damage.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by xor7486 View Post
    I don't feel too great about a spell that accounts for about 3% of my spell rotation, yet accounts for 30%+ of my total healing done. I'm talking about talented Healing Stream. Is there a dps class with a similar disproportion? Imagine how silly it would feel if Searing Totem accounted for 30% of ele shaman damage.
    Yeah, I pretty much fell the same way.

    The buffed us by giving us loads of passive healing, not sure I approve

    Not sure how it is for other healers though

  20. #20
    For 10 man if I was picking equally skilled players I would go for disc + Druid/monk and shaman as a 3rd when needed. Compared to tot we are really strong and with chaining 10 man problems are somewhat addressed. I also find healing rain to be way more effective and worthwhile on semi spread situations where you can get 2-3 In it atleast. Even with a low spirit build new gear and Ilvl boost moves mana to a non issue position. I wish though we would have a tanks cd replace slt or make it a glyph to use slt with projection on tank to convert it and make it stronger ( doesn't do the health part but %30 plain reduction on highest hp target for ex). That being said I'm very happy and satisfied. For next expansion though blizzard should take a look at how our mastery loses value due to absorbs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •