Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

What is your favorite game developer?

Hi! I thought it would be cool to ask from you guys that what is your favorite gaming company. I made poll here: http://strawpoll.me/570643

I used strawpoll because it's maximum is 30 options. And this forum own have only 15. Even 30 options felt like too less... but I hope it's better than nothing :/

My personal favorite is Grinding Gear Games because I love their amazing support and effort. And I have always liked more small Game Developers more than big ones. I just think that they have more soul! (:

Funcom wasn't on the list so I picked other, of course. There's always flavor to Funcom games. They may not make the most polished of games, but games like The Longest Journey and Anarchy Online and The Secret World were just so awesome in my eyes.

Deleted
    I didn't find Nadeo listed which is easily my favourite dev. I mean, who else makes free expansions for already great games?

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard and Sony Santa Monica.
    The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it.- George Carlin

Deleted
    Dammit! Alphabetic order please, hurts my OCD looking at it.

Naughty dog, excellent games, and not milked to death, 3 games and then a new IP

10+ Year Old Account
    Bethesda, Fallout 3 was great. Skyrim is a way of life.

More than enticed to go and grab previous Elder Scrolls titles just because of it, no matter how dated (and VERY BROKEN) they may feel.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

I am not sure it's healthy to have a "favorite" game developer. It's slightly fanatical and can lead to interest in product that is irrespective of the quality or content of a product.

However, I think in terms of quality of content the following developers have shown excellence in game design & development:

CD Project Red
    Trion
    Relic
    Egosoft
    Arena.Net
    Katarui
    Grinding Gear Games
    Funcom

I might think of some more later on.

CD Projekt Red, Platinum Games, and From Software.

Deleted
    Bethesda and Bioware.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bethesda all the way. Fallout and Elder Scrolls are my two favorite series of all time. Rockstar is second. Ubisoft can get 3rd, because of The Crew and Watch_Dogs, nothing higher though, cause screw uPlay.

Rockstarrrr.

Then Naughty Dog just because I've been exposed to them more.

Wow, really? I don't much care for Bethesda at all (ironic seeing as I live in Maryland)

Namco Bandai. Love the Tales series. Every one of them.
    Square Enix. When they aren't making HD remake after KH game that has nothing to do with direct plot.
    Blizzard. Obvious reason is obvious.

Those are my top I interact with on the daily basis and tend to get most excited about new titles. I still enjoy a lot more

I got a few.

Bethesda
    SquareEnix "Since they are finally making KHIII and KH 2.5 Remix"
    Rockstar
    Konami/Kojima Productions "Because I love the Metal Gear Series"
    Arena Net "Love Guild Wars 1&2"
    Naughty Dog
    Eidos/Rocksteady "Because of the Arkham Series"
    Sony
    Nintendo

Those are the only ones I can think of atm if I think of anymore ill update the list.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-10-19 at 05:11 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't pick multiple! T_T Your poll hates me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    How on this stupid Earth are any of those Developers even comparable to Bungie? Sure others may have sold more copies, but there's no company that makes better QUALITY games than Bungie. Bethesda was great until this ESO junk. You all are insane.

From Software, Sora LTD, Dark Vale Games, Project Siren, Team Ico, Nintendo EAD

Valve.

Maybe a few others, but Valve > * for me.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Top favorites:
    -Grasshopper Manufacture (Killer 7, No More Heroes, Shadows of the Damned, Lollipop Chainsaw)
    -Vanillaware (Odin Sphere, GrimGrimoire, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Dragon's Crown)
    -Platinum Games(formerly Clover) (Okami, God Hand, Bayonetta, The Wonderful 101)
    -Treasure (Gunstar Heroes, Sin & Punishment, Wario World, Ikaruga)
    -From Software (King's Field, The Adventures of Cookie & Cream, Demon's Souls, 3D Dot Game Heroes)
    -Atlus (Shin Megami Tensei series and spin off series like Persona and Digital Devil Saga)
    -Nintendo (not going to mention all of the individual divisions/2nd parties)

Past Favorites:
    -SNK (Ikari Warriors, Fatal Fury, Metal Slug, King of Fighters)
    -LucasArts (Maniac Mansion, The Dig, Full Throttle, Armed & Dangerous)
    -mid/late 90s Nintendo era Rare (RareWare) (Donkey Kong Country, Killer Instinct, Banjo-Kazzoie, Jet Force Gemini)
    -90s/early 2000's Capcom
    -Sierra (The TRUE Sierra from the 80s and 90s)(Leisure Suit Larry, Police Quest, Quest for Glory)

Greatly respect for some of their works/quality, but not what I would consider personal top favorites:
    -PopCap (Zuma, Fishing Frenzy, Bejeweled, Plants vs Zombies)
    -Rockstar Games (Body Harvest, Grand Theft Auto, Bully, Red Dead Redemption)
    -Double Fine (was a favorite till they started doing only smaller digital releases) (Psychonauts, Brutal Legend)

Companies I want to like, but tend to irritate me:
    -Sega (hate a lot of their past and current decisions with multiple games)
    -modern Capcom (now and again they surprise me, but for the most part I am tired of their shit)
    -Valve (enjoy their games, but HATE, HATE, HATE Steam and their vision around it/PC gaming)
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2013-10-22 at 04:25 AM.

The few I can think of off the top of my head:

Nintendo
    Blizzard
    From Software
    Valve
    Old Rare, DK Country 2 is still my favourite game to sit down and have a bash with.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Valve.

Maybe a few others, but Valve > * for me.
    I'm surprised you're the first to say Valve (count me second). Many other developers have been on failstreaks for the last couple of years. Valve is the only one that hasn't released crap in over a decade. After DIII, even Blizzard can't claim that anymore.