Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    Not solo healed
    How do you know that? Jhazrun was the only healer in that group, of course people used self-heals, but there was no second dedicated healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loot RNG
    We realize that sometimes RNG can be frustrating. I’m just not sure how beneficial it would be for the game and its longevity, if all of a sudden RNG started being “smart” and avoiding giving out items that are either useless or redundant to players.

“Smart loot” is great for quests and lower level content, but messing around with the randomness of loot attribution in high-end content is, in my opinion, something that would only be detrimental to the game.

LFR already gives out loot that is based on spec, that’s as far as we are willing to go with “smart” RNG in such environments, also, that only happens because of the nature of that specific loot system.
    From a design standpoint, it’s perfectly ok for loot not always being desirable. Rarity is exciting. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    This shows me how grossly out of touch with the average player who doesn't "just raid" they're becoming. I quit tanking LFR's when I got 4 of the exact same drop out of over 20 runs and that was considered "working as intended". The system is garbage and sadly those of us who quit over this crap, don't have an avenue to express that to them. I wish I was going to Blizzcon still, if only to find this guy and ask "Do you even play this game? Have you had to put up with your own system?"

that priest has the worst ui

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunk View Post
    This shows me how grossly out of touch with the average player who doesn't "just raid" they're becoming. I quit tanking LFR's when I got 4 of the exact same drop out of over 20 runs and that was considered "working as intended". The system is garbage and sadly those of us who quit over this crap, don't have an avenue to express that to them. I wish I was going to Blizzcon still, if only to find this guy and ask "Do you even play this game? Have you had to put up with your own system?"
    Well, he did say "In my opinion"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Well, he did say "In my opinion"
    It was more of a sardonic wish on my end.

I have always been bothered by Blizzard for not having an internal policy stating "Hey, if you're going to chime in as a player... not as an official developer standpoint, then log in without your tag", like other game communities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

Devai said that their music choices are very restricted because they're not sponsored anymore. As a result they don't have the right to use that music and therefore it will be copyrighted in some countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    If you actually paid attention, you'd see the target health in the upper left of his raid frames.
    And if you understood anything at all, you'd know that he's not often targeting the boss because he's a healer.

All I'm saying is, there's no reason to put out a kill video with a zoomed in UI and the edges blurred out this long after a kill and after other kill videos have been released. Paragon typically puts out good shit, I just didn't think this was as good.

The biggest problem with the loot system right now. Is coining a item you already have. That shouldnt happen and is crazy frustrating. For two reasons the 1st obvious. You already have it. But the 2nd, is it resets your luck timer on coins used. So u have a less likely chance to get loot on the next coin.

It is really sad the game is so easy can be solo healed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharax View Post
    And if you understood anything at all, you'd know that he's not often targeting the boss because he's a healer.

All I'm saying is, there's no reason to put out a kill video with a zoomed in UI and the edges blurred out this long after a kill and after other kill videos have been released. Paragon typically puts out good shit, I just didn't think this was as good.
    It wasn't going to be put out as a full video, if you listened to the guy he said he was just showing it on his live stream as many people requested to see it.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noralya View Post
    That would be even worse than the system currently in place.
    Thank you for the clear list of reasons why that would be even worse, you have convinced me, certainly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    The biggest problem with the loot system right now. Is coining a item you already have. That shouldnt happen and is crazy frustrating. For two reasons the 1st obvious. You already have it. But the 2nd, is it resets your luck timer on coins used. So u have a less likely chance to get loot on the next coin.
    They should make it that if you win loot then you get to choose from the items that the boss can drop, same with the coin if you win.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharax View Post

The edges are blurred because the footage was 16:10. So when you fit it into a 16:9 format, there are black vertical bars at each side of the video. To minimize this rather unpleasant effect the editor chose to put a zoomed video in the background and blur it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YouTube
    This video contains content from INgrooves, Warner Chappell and UMPG Publishing, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
    With choices like that, I don't think I'm missing out on much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobomino View Post
    Try changing "watch?v=" to "/v/" to bypass the region lock.
    It brings up the full screen version, complete with the background snapshot, but clicking "play" still returns the same error.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    no bliuzzcon items are never available in EU only US so blizzard make more money on the shipping charges which is why i never buy blizzcon items anyway il just wait for someone to put one on ebay.co.uk
    that makes zero sense. blizzard doesn't make money on the shipping charges...the shipping companies do....fedex, ups, and usps get the money when you have something shipped. not the company you bought the item from.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    they've already said why they won't do this. You would get all your gear too fast and then stop playing till the next raid came out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    It is really sad the game is so easy can be solo healed.
    They definitely aren't one the best guilds in the world or anything...oh wait.

Deleted
    Its also blocked in Germany and ProxTube doesnt work... and the Twitch version also doesnt work for me... -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Draahl View Post
    So, Blizzard is catering to the new people. Nothing new is it?
    And if Blizzard made leveling challenging and demanding for veteran players, half of them ( more than half) would complain because they ´just want to get to 90´..

But that is besides the point, you are not reading it correctly. What Blizzard is saying is that the main reason questing was ´more difficult´ back in Vanilla is because most of us were clueless. I know it took me up until level 30 of playing my first character ( Moonkin) to realize that AGI and STR were not good for me, despite the fact they gave AP and Crit and a lot of my skills were based around melee ( back then, you had to melee to regain mana).

And yes, Blizzard does have the make the game playable and not frustrating for brand new players. As a veteran, who cares.. just get to 90.

They should just upload the video to somewhere where you can dl it. People who actually care to watch it, will download it. No copyright issues, sources mentioned everything. They should think about this stuff before uploading it.

Regardless, good to see them recovering from it. I wish he'd taken his webcam off for it though, kinda rude.

Deleted
    I love the fact that Car Bot animations is getting more spotlight now (the guys who made the Animation for the Storm of Heroes spotlighted here on MMO-Champ and the zergling shirt is their style)

They are really fun. You can find em on Youtube. As for the priest solo healing - i'm confused how he lasts mana-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Thank you for the clear list of reasons why that would be even worse, you have convinced me, certainly.

- - - Updated - - -

They should make it that if you win loot then you get to choose from the items that the boss can drop, same with the coin if you win.
    The game is built on longevity as pumping out new content is time consuming work.

i.e you will always be gated in one way or another - be it rarity of drops or what not.

Also, if your sole reasoning is to get loot - your point is self defeating to want that loot faster.
    Due to as soon as you get that loot, your goal is complete.

If you play on the other hand because of the people, to progress in raids, see new content, etc. you won't have the same issue.

So it would be detrimental in the way of that people would tunnelvision the loot - get their fix - and be done with it.

If the goal is really all that you cheerish, you are shooting yourself in the foot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    Rarity is exciting. Getting the same piece of loot, as your only piece of loot, 3 weeks running is depressing as all get-out. Getting loot you neither need nor want and thus causing the "bad luck run" mechanic to reset is not good. Getting no loot for 2 weeks, at all, wasting all your coins each week and in one night seeing a guildmate get loot, sometimes 2, off every boss while you yourself have been getting nothing week after week, is bad design.

I understand Blizzard's point of view, but something needs to be done about the loot RNG, at least in Flex.
    The sheer amount of sources you can get loot from these days is abundant in every aspect - far greater then anything before.

You even have a mechanic increasing the drop rate in LFR over time - due to finite time on the raid dungeon in question.

In any difficulty you can use coins to get a chanse for extra loot - you can craft items, you can get 535 from Timeless isle with some effort in your part.

You can get 540 from Flexi. If anything - at any given stage essentialy BEFORE normal, the catch up mechanics are insanely forgiving - Beyond that, the normal/heroic gear progression is more forgiving now then it has been before.

And statistically speaking - getting no upgrade for several weeks - requires very specific situations not applicable to a majority of people to actually deem a problem at hand.. OR you are doing something wrong. I.e wanting a more lesiurely way of getting loot.
    Last edited by mmocee9d117667; 2013-10-20 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    They should just upload the video to somewhere where you can dl it. People who actually care to watch it, will download it. No copyright issues, sources mentioned everything. They should think about this stuff before uploading it.
    They did make a 2048x1152 version into a torrent.