Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    In a way it makes sense as a 'balance' for us killing Garrosh, to have Varian die. I so badly hope that next x-pac is a direct attack from the Burning Legion.

Oh man... do you know the kind of chill I would get up my spine if there was some intense cinematic where Anduin is shit talking some Legion big bad and enters Shadowform just as he starts forward to attack? Just the sound of him entering Shadowform mid-cutscene would be the shit.

Deleted
    When you do the Domination Point breadcrumb quests, there are a bunch of Alliance Priests and Horde Priests and Nelves to slaughter and all sorts of fun things like that. Basically, you try to kill them and a ?? Elite Garrosh Hellscream runs around beating seven bells of crap out of them instead. However, the "horde priests" are in fact in shadowform, and mindflaying the allies to death there. Not much, but it is SOMETHING.

I've always felt that Shadow Priests are just Dreadlords-lite. I mean, we share how many abilities with them? Vampiric Embrace, Mind Blast, and we used to have Sleep.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Gozzu View Post
    That was fast? Anyways, Shadow Priests has loads of lore, search Cult of the Forgotten Shadow.

http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=...-breaking-lore
    That thread also explains shadow a bit.
    That cult is non-cannon, it doesn't exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    I hear ya, I wish there was more Shadow Priest lore too. I know the just of it: "Forsaken priests found shadow magic and taught others in secret and it spread and now every priest knows that light cannot exist without shadow" or something but that's pretty much it.
    That's... Not even close to being right.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    That cult is non-cannon, it doesn't exist.

- - - Updated - - -

That's... Not even close to being right.
    too much denial here. why don't you enlighten us on the topic then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crudelitas View Post
    They're right and that's very off base.

For example Undead Priests do use the Light to heal as opposed to manipulating the shadows to heal as suggested by that person's link. It's just painful for them. There's a similar mechanic in Death Knight and Blood Elf lore as well.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Crudelitas View Post
    Denial? Because I point out that The Cult of Forgotten Shadow is from the now debunked and officially non-canon RPG books? Or the fact that the stuff Agoonga said is wrong too? But sure, I'll "eblighten" you a bit then; Shadow magic is a cultural thing. The Draenei for example, view it with dread, and shun it, beleiving it to be a demonic tool. The trolls use Shadow magic through their voodoo and Loa gods. The Humans and Dwarves have the same kinda view as they do with Fel magic; very dangerous, yet efficient. The Forsaken relish it for obvious reasons... Need I go on? That said, Shadow really doesn't have a lot of lore, nor explanations.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Its not a warlock.

That means shadow need no lore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    The trolls use Shadow magic through their voodoo and Loa gods.
    That's pretty much where shadow priests should seek their big figures. After all, every shadow hunter is a bit of a shadow priest. That's without even mentioning the witch doctors and pretty much any actual troll priest who swears to follow one of the not-strictly-Holy loa.

Among these figures are such badasses as Jin'do, Malacrass, Zanzil, Jammal'an, Sen'jin, and even Vol'jin, if we count shadow hunters.