Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Demon Hunter
    Graven One
    Dark Ranger
    Be careful what you say on these arguments. I hope some of you know what happened last time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    Be careful what you say on these arguments. I hope some of you know what happened last time.
    Color me curious?


    @OP:
    Dark Ranger
    Fel Classes (i.e. Fel Shaman, Fel druid, etc)
    Thaumaturge (think undead priests) - life control and soul manipulation, All for the furtherment of research for the Royal Apothecary Society

  3. #43
    Brewmaster Thalian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Cascadia
    Posts
    1,261
    It'd be cool if Blizzard would finally add Warlocks and Death Knights to WoW. Priests also need an Unholy spec. There isn't enough dark magic in WoW.

    /sarcasm

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    It'd be cool if Blizzard would finally add Warlocks and Death Knights to WoW. Priests also need an Unholy spec. There isn't enough dark magic in WoW.

    /sarcasm
    There is no such thing as "enough dark magic"

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    Color me curious?


    @OP:
    Dark Ranger
    Fel Classes (i.e. Fel Shaman, Fel druid, etc)
    Thaumaturge (think undead priests) - life control and soul manipulation, All for the furtherment of research for the Royal Apothecary Society
    There was a lot of personal info on one of the members here released.

    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    There was a lot of personal info on one of the members here released.
    Wait wha?
    Did imaginary class discussion get serious enough to infosteal or something?

  7. #47
    Warchief Lemposs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,170
    A (k)night

  8. #48
    I can't really think of a class, but what ever it is, I hope it has a tree that is about healing with dark magic that DOESN'T consume their own health to do it. Every game there is always the typical light and nature with a few using water or fire. Rarely see any using shadow magic to "mend" anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    I speak my mind, I don't sugar coat it and I don't read replies because most of the time it's someone who apparently "got their feelings hurt".

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by raist474 View Post
    We already have enough "dark and edgy" archetypes in this game.
    You know, it would be interesting if they actually bothered to enforce the alignment of "evil" and "good" classes like Warlocks and Paladins.

    Currently "evil" or "good" has no real meaning when you have Paladins macesaring people at will for loot.

  10. #50
    I don't know. I'd like to see a pure support class. Something outside of the Tank/Healer/DPS trio. . . Something that interacts with both the Party/Raid and the boss.

    If you played SWG it would be like the Squad Leader class. I know Bard is normally considered outside of the World of Warcraft universe, but hear me out. I'm just throwing an idea out there.

    They could weave Speed Metal songs that increase Party/Raid haste. They could blast Pop music that causes the Mob/Boss to cover their ears, thus increasing damage dealt to Mob. They could fine tune their lute, thus increasing Party/Raid Crit chance. . . I know these are silly examples, but they could be expounded on.

    Of course Bard is sort of far fetched, I understand. However, consider the Consort fight in ToT. You know, where someone goes off and does the Constellations, and it does some really cool think like blast the Boss. What if you had a class that brought that utility/support all the time? I would totally want to play that class!

    Of course they could have abilities that let them solo/level up, but they would really shine in a group.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Obviously the Necromancers, I have waited to play with one of them in WOW for years... in fact they are one of the classes more standardized in any RPG, but however they still lacks in WOW...
    By all intents and purposes Unholy Death Knights are Necromancers. All Death Knights are, but Unholy specifically. Ghouls, Gargoyles, Armies of dead, Undead mounts, sapping life force from living, raise people from the dead (Raise ally). It can't get any more Necromancerish. Simply they aren't the typical cloth wearing, magic only wielding fantasy Necromancers, but plate wearing, 2hander wielding warriors.

    WoW simply doesn't have space for a Necromancer. Everything a Necromancer does it is done by Death Knights. Same with Warlocks and Demon Hunters. Warlocks already have half the abilities of Demon hunters, yet they don't really fit the lore Blizz themselves created around Demon Hunters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Sexual assault is not always rape.
    *slowclap*
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Woman rapes a guy, gives birth to child and has custody of the child.
    I don't see why you should take the child from the woman unless she abuses it.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    Wait wha?
    Did imaginary class discussion get serious enough to infosteal or something?
    Yeah. Since then the debates kind of subsided.

    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    You know, it would be interesting if they actually bothered to enforce the alignment of "evil" and "good" classes like Warlocks and Paladins.

    Currently "evil" or "good" has no real meaning when you have Paladins macesaring people at will for loot.
    According to WoW Lore itself, Paladins don't need to be aligned "Good" to wield the Light. Or even alive. (In certain cases even Undead can wield it.) The Light is not really a deity with a will of its own or set rules, but its more like a manifestation of faith and willpower.

    Thus a Paladin doesn't need to be good to be a Paladin, he just really strongly needs to believe that he is acting righteously.

    Same with Warlocks. There is no prerequisite to be evil to be a Warlock. One can take up the profession of Warlock to enslave demons and force them to carry out his bidding, serving country or kingdom or whatever. It can be used for good or evil. If someone is really determined he can bend demons to his will, but not necessarily be tainted by them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Sexual assault is not always rape.
    *slowclap*
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Woman rapes a guy, gives birth to child and has custody of the child.
    I don't see why you should take the child from the woman unless she abuses it.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    You know, it would be interesting if they actually bothered to enforce the alignment of "evil" and "good" classes like Warlocks and Paladins.

    Currently "evil" or "good" has no real meaning when you have Paladins macesaring people at will for loot.
    "Paladin. You have reached your murder limit this month. Change class to DK to continue murdering Y/N?

  15. #55
    Regarding Dark Rangers.

    To be honest, I'd prefer Hunter Survival spec to just simply be removed altogether. This way you could give Hunters three really distinct and unique specs.

    Beast Master-Typical Pet using Hunter.
    Marksman-Hunter without a pet.
    Dark Ranger-Hunter using Shadow Based abilities and a ranged weapon. Also this should be the only spec with access to Camo while moving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Sexual assault is not always rape.
    *slowclap*
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Woman rapes a guy, gives birth to child and has custody of the child.
    I don't see why you should take the child from the woman unless she abuses it.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    "Paladin. You have reached your murder limit this month. Change class to DK to continue murdering Y/N?
    The point is, you should not even suppose to be murdering at all. You are suppose to protect the innocent and vanquish evil.

    For evil classes, all your abilities should involve doing something horrible to others to power said abilities. Your willingness to do so more or less labels you as an evil doer.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    The point is, you should not even suppose to be murdering at all. You are suppose to protect the innocent and vanquish evil.

    For evil classes, all your abilities should involve doing something horrible to others to power said abilities. Your willingness to do so more or less labels you as an evil doer.
    What you are saying makes little sense. Often the greatest evil doers are the ones who are utterly convinced they are doing the right thing. If they are all hur-dur I'z evil, and eat babies for breakfast, they end up being pathetic or worse, comical.

    Think of real life evil doers. And I am not talking about the occasional serial killer/sexually motivated sadist. But the really "successful" ones. World War 2 bad guys, the Soviet Union, Fundamentalist Terrorists. They killed and kill countless people in the name of law and order, for defending their ideals or believes etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Sexual assault is not always rape.
    *slowclap*
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Woman rapes a guy, gives birth to child and has custody of the child.
    I don't see why you should take the child from the woman unless she abuses it.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    The point is, you should not even suppose to be murdering at all. You are suppose to protect the innocent and vanquish evil.
    "Evil" is completely subjective and your idea of what's "evil" won't match someone else's idea of what's "evil".

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    The point is, you should not even suppose to be murdering at all. You are suppose to protect the innocent and vanquish evil.

    For evil classes, all your abilities should involve doing something horrible to others to power said abilities. Your willingness to do so more or less labels you as an evil doer.
    I agree with you, don't get me wrong. It would just make the paladin class a non-option, or one with it's own quest series and guidelines.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    What you are saying makes little sense. Often the greatest evil doers are the ones who are utterly convinced they are doing the right thing. If they are all hur-dur I'z evil, and eat babies for breakfast, they end up being pathetic or worse, comical.

    Think of real life evil doers. And I am not talking about the occasional serial killer/sexually motivated sadist. But the really "successful" ones. World War 2 bad guys, the Soviet Union, Fundamentalist Terrorists. They killed and kill countless people in the name of law and order, for defending their ideals or believes etc.
    Can't we just use the simple Disney "harming other for personal gain" definition of evil. It's a video game.

    Quote Originally Posted by werdwitha3 View Post
    "Evil" is completely subjective and your idea of what's "evil" won't match someone else's idea of what's "evil".
    Let's not get philosophical here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •