Thread: Lfr dps

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    His dps numbers are like fishing tales, greatly exaggerated.
    Yes, no one is doing 100k with DS heroic gear at level 90 on a target dummy in 410 gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Face it, there's not that many new people who are just hitting max level for the first time in WoW at this point in both WoW's life and MoP's life.
    By and large people do not understand how much player churn there is in this game. It seems you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    The most tank+spank boss in LFR at the moment in my mind is either Iron Juggernaught or Malkorok.

Iron Juggernaught has a 10m enrage and 780685248 HP, meaning that the 17 DPS and 2 Tanks must do at least 68482 DPS (assuming no healer DPS) to beat the enrage.
    Malkorok has a 6m enrage and 685816704 HP, meaning that the 17 DPS and 2 Tanks must do at least 100266 DPS (assuming no healer DPS) to beat the enrage.
    Obviously, if you're doing 200kDPS then that reduces the bar a little, but I'd say 60k minimum.

DPS doesn't matter at all so long as you're not dying to enrages anyway.

EDIT: Feel free to correct me if I got any figures wrong, just did this post quite hastily.
    Actually 12 mins is malks enrage on lfr (Why so long? lool)

But Even when i came back to wow 3 months ago or so in a 487 ilvl i pulled around 90k dps on my frost dk (which i was a bit rusty at that time lol)
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

The quality of players queuing earlier LFRs is horrendous.

A fresh alt juts hit 90 last week and i wanted to get him as far through the legendary chain as I could. I ended up running every single LFR (except SoO 3/4).

Highlight was a spirit kings kill. My no gems, no chants, 485 ilvl lock was 1st doing 90K dps. Average raid dps was 34K.

That's way too low. To give an idea I have a DK in like 480 something iLevel, mostly Timeless gear, using a 463 weapon and one green trinket. I can still do about 70k or so without knowing anything about playing Frost, just mindlessly following a CLC addon that I have and sometimes using Pillar of Frost when I remember that it's available. Now given that I'm absolutely awful on my DK, if I can do close to 70k then anyone reasonably trying should be able to do at least that and preferably more

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Yes, no one is doing 100k with DS heroic gear at level 90 on a target dummy in 410 gear.
    Hitcap says hi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should be hitting roughly 60k in my opinion, if not much, much more. My Monk has hit 60k dps Fistweaving with a 494 ilvl.

Biggest issue with timeless isle is not the horrendous itemization, you can forge around that and get not good, but somewhat decent gear.
    The biggest problem is there are no weapons other than the 476 ones you can buy with coins, so you get high enough ilvl for LFR SoO from Timeless isle while wearing at the most ilvl 476 weapons (if you're on a new character and have had no drops from the other LFRs) but more likely even lower.
    While a better weapon isn't going to make anyone a better player it will for sure increase anyone's DPS even if they are awful at their class. Imo they should've just made the coin weapons 496 and increase their price or smth, of course this would clash with blacksmiths which is why I guess they did it.
    Too bad they didn't make craftable weapons that are good for all specs.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    I need some opinions here, as this is an issue that is starting to perplex me.

In SoO LFR, what is an acceptable amount of dps?

The reason I ask is, apparently I am an elitist diva. For suggesting that 30-40k dps is too low, and that the people doing it aren't trying. The retort to this seems to be, people need gear, so like lay off man. The last god knows how many runs I have been on I have suggested kicking people who can't hit 40k dps (this in some cases includes 3 stacks of determination). I always get shouted down for it. Apparently if you can breach the 40k dps mark, you should be raiding on normal or hc modes.

I tried to argue that with the ilvl requirements you should at least manage 60-70kdps. And that it wasn't gear I was suggesting was the issue, but effort. And that it was reasonable to ask people to at least put a little effort in, because its a group effort.

Am I being too unreasonable? What would you say was the bare minimum dps someone should be pulling in SoO LFR? I am genuinely at the point where I am confused. I thought I had a fair point, but I am honestly questioning that now. Would like to see what others think.
    This can't be true. In my experience from being on these forums, the only people who are ever called out or yelled at are tanks.

OT: LFR is like the special olympics, bro. If you're going to join, you can't make fun of them and you can't call them out. These are the rules. Know what you're getting into ahead of time, and you'll have a much better time.

Deleted
    Imho, eventhough you can enter at 496, doesn't mean you need to. If you can't pull your weight, you just shouldn't be in there.

Quote Originally Posted by wwwebFred View Post
    Imho, eventhough you can enter at 496, doesn't mean you need to. If you can't pull your weight, you just shouldn't be in there.
    One of the problems is that entrance into LFR is based on what players SHOULD be able to do (i.e. what DPS/Healing is able to be done at a certain ilvl) and most don't.

Blizzard doesn't want to use actual numbers and hurt people's feelings by requiring what they actually do to get into LFR.

ilvl requirements are really stupid when they don't make a difference. A bad player is a bad player, and he can only get carried by his gear so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    By and large people do not understand how much player churn there is in this game. It seems you don't.
    And you of course, have detailed info... oh wait, you don't know the figures either, do you? You're just pulling something out of your ass without stopping to think things through. If many people were hitting max level for the first time in MoP that would mean most of the 8m people playing never hit max level in Cat or Wrath, that they're new in the last 2 years. This is... unlikely.

Lfr is perfectly tuned. Timeless gear, perfect. Why does hit have to be easy? Teaching players to wipe is a better direction for the game. Wipe all day to one boss, honestly. The player base had become too accustomed to purples and shiny gear. Make lfr a nightmare for bad players so that they either must get better or find good players to carry them.

Perhaps that's an elitist model and rails against the concept of seeing all the content. But, being too lazy is no excuse. Go meet people to queue with and help you along.

If lfr sucks because you're carrying, don't run it. Stop whining and don't run it. There are so many difficulties to run and you're expecting dumpster-diving to feel rewarding and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarazet View Post
    First off, casters don't auto attack.
    They do if they have a wand.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprixius View Post
    Actually 12 mins is malks enrage on lfr (Why so long? lool)
    685816704/(12*19*60) = at least 50133 DPS.

That's lower than my estimate and kinda gives the players doing 40k a point, as so long as there's someone carrying 40k is ok.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Caelia View Post
    Biggest issue with timeless isle is not the horrendous itemization, you can forge around that and get not good, but somewhat decent gear.
    The biggest problem is there are no weapons other than the 476 ones you can buy with coins, so you get high enough ilvl for LFR SoO from Timeless isle while wearing at the most ilvl 476 weapons (if you're on a new character and have had no drops from the other LFRs) but more likely even lower.
    While a better weapon isn't going to make anyone a better player it will for sure increase anyone's DPS even if they are awful at their class. Imo they should've just made the coin weapons 496 and increase their price or smth, of course this would clash with blacksmiths which is why I guess they did it.
    Too bad they didn't make craftable weapons that are good for all specs.
    1,000x THIS. My fresh 90 frost DK, with her 450 BoA 2H and Timeless gear in five slots, skipped all heroics and went straight to LFR MV. I ran all of the low raids, and didn't get a weapon drop. But I did get two pieces of T15 and a trinket, which put my i-lvl high enough to queue for SoO, where I could hopefully get a weapon that would allow me to do enough DPS to pug some flex. I hit a target dummy first, to avoid the very issue that the OP has with LFR.

I was doing 55K unbuffed, so I queued for VoES, and kept an eye on Recount. I showed 63K on Iron Jug, but after we wiped three times because of amazingly-low healing (both HPS and absorbs), the "raid leader" (another LFR joke) called for a kick of anyone doing less than 40K, and said that I was at 28K. Impossible... I had recount up the entire time, and I may not be the best DK on the planet, but I know my rotation. When I challenged him/her to link DPS in raid chat, my reply was the kick. Now, this particular "raid leader" was a healer that was only doing 20K HPS with 70% overhealing according to MY meters. I'd be humiliated if my disc priest main was pulling those kinds of numbers in any T14+ raid.

Yes, I need a better weapon. Maybe I shouldn't have queued for SoO until I had an epic 2H. But the alternative was to wait for the ToT lockout reset and pray for a drop (I'm impatient), buy a Reborn from the AH with the wrong stats (not worth 25K), or grind Timeless Isle for the 20K necessary coins for a crappy 476 that wouldn't improve my DPS in a significant way (see the post above, they absolutely should be at least 496 and even if they were twice as many coins, I would have done the grind to get it).

Can't win. Timeless Isle IS great for gearing alts that will just go on the shelf. But it's horrible for pre-raid preparation, and the lack of decent weapons and dishonesty and inconsideration of the LFR community has greatly diminished the end-game experience for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafir View Post
    After reaching lvl90 in Dragon soul heroic gear and Gurthalak I was able to pull about 100k dps, so 40-60k with timeless gear is out of the question. Its fascinating to see people in mostly Flex gear do ~130k but it's just a reality that the average LFR player is like a baby and his gear is like two wooden spoons and a saucepan which he then bangs on how he likes. You could give most of the players a 100 ilvl advantage and the only damage increase you would see would be the auto attacks.

I've said this multiple times, 25man LFR should be scaled to where 4 dps, 1 tank and 2 healers who play on a level that is acceptable for a human being is able to carry the whole boss and the additional people are just there to watch and feel good about themselves. There is no point to have any kind of reasonable requirement in an instance where the majority of players are either AFK or don't give a rats ass whats going on.
    It's fascinating to see you mention doing 100k in 410 gear while you did 125k in 470+ gear, 60+ ilvls worth of upgrades and only +25k dps ?

10+ Year Old Account
    But as long as there is someone at 80-100k+ for every person at 40k, the boss will die. Slowly, but the boss will die. In general it's all fine, you just need to be patient for an extra minute or two. (It won't kill you.)
    This, THIS is what has ruined the WoW community, the tolerance for people who go in to dungeons/raids etc. with no knowledge of their class (inb4 "u have no life/I have 4 jobs 3 girlfriends 2 wives and deal meth on the side, I can't learn my class" comments). It takes 15 minutes of reading and gemming to have a rough understanding of your class, with the way gear is spoonfed to people nowadays there's ABSOLUTELY NO excuse for doing 40k DPS.

To the OP, no you're not an elitist Diva, you're just a guy who expects others to pull their own weight, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. However, you're not going to change it, your best bet would be to abandon LFR completely, stick to real raiding for your main, and do Flex/normal PuGs on your alts, once the "good" people are gone from LFR, the LFR crowd will be stuck with nothing but long queue times, terrible players and wipefests, which they 100% deserve, maybe then it will die naturally.

I think a big problem is that it is really annoying to get a weapon at or above the 502 ilvl requirement without farming some raids, and alot of physical class dps is based off of weapon damage. I may run ToT once to see if i can get an LFR weapon from there to drop, but i'm not going to run it week after week if i finally get an ilvl that lets me into the SoO raid. Personally, with weapon damage being so important, they should just upgrade the timeless isle coin weapons to be 502 stats. Make them blues if that will keep people from crying. I don't care. I just want the stats.

And don't say Reborn weapons. I may take the time to make it, but im not going to wait 30 days before stepping into the raid until it is done.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    And you of course, have detailed info... oh wait, you don't know the figures either, do you? You're just pulling something out of your ass without stopping to think things through. If many people were hitting max level for the first time in MoP that would mean most of the 8m people playing never hit max level in Cat or Wrath, that they're new in the last 2 years. This is... unlikely.
    Blizzard has stated that the player base has turned over 2-3 times. And it wasn't until some time in Cataclysm that the median active account had at least one character at max level.

And yes, it is absolutely true that up to and including Wrath, the majority of active accounts did not have a max level character.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    This, THIS is what has ruined the WoW community, the tolerance for people who go in to dungeons/raids etc. with no knowledge of their class (inb4 "u have no life/I have 4 jobs 3 girlfriends 2 wives and deal meth on the side, I can't learn my class" comments). It takes 15 minutes of reading and gemming to have a rough understanding of your class, with the way gear is spoonfed to people nowadays there's ABSOLUTELY NO excuse for doing 40k DPS.
    There may be no excuse for it, but that doesn't mean I'm going to rage on someone's shit just because he isn't doing good damage in a video game. I just don't care. It doesn't help me or anyone to do something about it (yell in /i, vote kick, etc) because whoever that guy is, there's no guarantee his replacement is going to be better.

The people who do rage about how there is ABSOLUTELY NO excuse for doing 40k DPS, now that's a behavior that does annoy me, because there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING you can do about that other person's 40k DPS.

10+ Year Old Account

There may be no excuse for it, but that doesn't mean I'm going to rage on someone's shit just because he isn't doing good damage in a video game.
    The classic "It's just a video game argument"...Of course it is, Video Games are supposed to be fun, would you like to know what isn't fun? Gearing alts in LFR and having the runs take longer than they normally should, because some guy can't be asked to go read for a few minutes or read his spell tooltips.

I just don't care. It doesn't help me or anyone to do something about it (yell in /i, vote kick, etc) because whoever that guy is, there's no guarantee his replacement is going to be better.
    It's a gamble, sure, and you could end up with somebody that's worse (Somehow...) however, maybe if Terribad #582 gets kicked enough, he might actually feel like contributing, or maybe he'll quit, which wouldn't be tragic.

The people who do rage about how there is ABSOLUTELY NO excuse for doing 40k DPS, now that's a behavior that does annoy me, because there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING you can do about that other person's 40k DPS.
    Yes you can, it's called Vote Kick, just because you don't want to use it for some misguided reason doesn't mean that other people won't.