Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's a paid to play game, but money can't fix lazy.

Devs have grown complacent over the years and they just do not make any content. Instead they make items for online store and count $$$ sitting at their desk.

You do understand that blizzard is coming out with new patches faster than ever before right? Just think about this, the last raid of the expansion was out before the expansion was even a year old. I don't really see the problem, maybe that doesn't matter to casuals. Also blizzcon is coming up, so expect a new patch soon and a new expansion in the near future.

Also - they said the will eventually revamp the holidays but they have a lot of things they want to do. What would you rather have? A new revamped Hallows End you play for 2weeks? Or new character models you'll see every time you log into the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderPussy View Post
    Go to Timeless Isle, LFR, or Flex if you want loot that's better than the holiday stuff. People act like holidays are so important to gearing.
    I don't think that's the issue at all. Why the hell do holiday events even provide ANY gear whatsoever? Jesus doesn't everyone get tired of everything being about the big numbers on some piece of equipment? Holidays are about the spirit of the occasion. The good feelings of having seasonal events. Holiday events just need something new to spice em up, but not a total revamp. After all, we've been celebrating Halloween/Christmas pretty much the same way every year for the past hundred years.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

You probably didn't realize this, but Hallow's End DID get updated.

Last year when the event was out the Horseman instance was still the old Scarlet graveyard. This year, not only was the Horseman instance the NEW Scarlet Graveyard, the Horseman actually has three new abilities in Phases 1 through 3. Phase 1 he throws out five pumpkin missiles at people, Phase 2 he does a frontal cone fire on the ground, and Phase 3 he summons two Pumpkin Beacons that do who-knows-what.

Why always complain? It can't possibly be healthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    its not all about gear upgrade. its about having a good time online playing. main reason many ppl quit the game cause it get freaking boring and stale. holiday event update small or big every year help player with something to do BESIDE RAIDING SAME SHIT FOR 4+months.
    im glad i don't play this game only like i use to. i took a good break from wow back when 5.3 hit came back for 5.4. during that time i play few other games and notice how other games actually did fun update beside raiding.

some player may love paying for a game with little to no update or event between the big patches. i don't that's why i no longer do 6-8month prepaid for this game. if blizzard gave a crap about keeping player busy and having fun they would do Holiday update Every year and not just a a small upgrade on gear item in the first year of the expansion set.

when player leaves to another game due to lack of anything to do except the same raid flex/lfr/herioc they may come back for the next tier or big patch but during that time they Discover other game that would give them entertainment non stop @ same or less of the cost they are paying for wow.

go ahead ask most player that left this game or now are part time players( has in come during new patch and leaves 2-3months later)
    most would say due lack of entertainment value.

would you paid cable to see same repeat show with repeat episode & same holiday movie every year or paid for the direct tv for new shows & channels every new blockbuster in demand for the same cost or less??

Quote Originally Posted by Relimash View Post
    You do understand that blizzard is coming out with new patches faster than ever before right? Just think about this, the last raid of the expansion was out before the expansion was even a year old. I don't really see the problem, maybe that doesn't matter to casuals. Also blizzcon is coming up, so expect a new patch soon and a new expansion in the near future.

Also - they said the will eventually revamp the holidays but they have a lot of things they want to do. What would you rather have? A new revamped Hallows End you play for 2weeks? Or new character models you'll see every time you log into the game?
    Um, the last raid of the expansion has always been out right at around 1 year after the release of the expansion.

Wrath - released November 8, 2008 - ICC - released December 8, 2009
    Cata - released November 23, 2010 - Dragon Soul - released November 29, 2011
    MoP - released September 25, 2012 - SoO - released September 10, 2013

The last 3 expansions, the final raid has come out a year after the expansion release, give or take a few weeks. Nothing has really changed with the timing that would warrant ignoring updating the holiday content.

Stock Blizzard Answer:

You can either have a new activity on 1 holiday - or an entire raid tier. Take your pick. We can only do one.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I'd love to see an update. I'd like to see the holiday loot update depending on the current tier. Dropping, say, 545 rings (lower than normal, higher than flex) or even 540 would be neat. A 470 is worthless, even for a new 90.
    This is exactly how I feel about it too. Also, more vanity items!

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    I don't think that's the issue at all. Why the hell do holiday events even provide ANY gear whatsoever? Jesus doesn't everyone get tired of everything being about the big numbers on some piece of equipment?
    No, I love gear. On a healer, I remember getting stamina trinket from some holiday event. lol

If it was only about the spirit of the event then I would not do that content. Loot = incentive to play. Playing the game for the sake of pure fun doesn't happen after years and years of playing the same old stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Maybe we want new mounts or fun items? I got the Horseman Mount, title, and pets, so doing this holiday's events is pointless.
    Then don't do them?
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

Quote Originally Posted by Raintola View Post
    You pay to access the game server, that's it.
    And less and less people are paying to do just that.
    Chronomancer Club

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    I don't think that's the issue at all. Why the hell do holiday events even provide ANY gear whatsoever? Jesus doesn't everyone get tired of everything being about the big numbers on some piece of equipment? Holidays are about the spirit of the occasion. The good feelings of having seasonal events. Holiday events just need something new to spice em up, but not a total revamp. After all, we've been celebrating Halloween/Christmas pretty much the same way every year for the past hundred years.
    Maybe. Kind of sounds like the OP wants better loot? but I really can't tell.

Either way I do holidays for mounts and once I get them I don't even pay attention to them anymore. Not really sure what the exact complaint really is since the OP was kind of difficult for me to understand anyway.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

Deleted
    I agree, holidays in WoW are pretty awful, instead of repeating same thing year after year there should be some kind of dynamic content.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderPussy View Post
    Then don't do them?

I'm not sure if you're asking a question. It's a statement...with a question mark.

That is the problem here, there is no point in doing them, so people don't do them. All Blizzard has to do is add a silly pet or a mount on the vendor that is purchasable with tricky treats, and now everyone has a reason to do participate in the event this year.

Or add some rare thing that drops from the Headless Horseman. Now everyone has a reason to run the dungeon.

It's unexplainable why Blizzard doesn't do this.

Additionally, What a Long Strange Trip it's Been is 5 years old now, almost 6 when the next expansion comes out. If there isn't an updated "What a Long Strange Trip it's Been" achievement line in the next expansion....then that's just sad.

So you want monthly, half assed, buggy patches with new faceroll easy mode gear? Please. The holidays are about fun. Period.

I'd rather they devote their limited resources on new content, expansions etc. Do you realize that money doesn't solve everything? And enough with the activision shit - Blizzard has been owned by another, bigger company for ages. They have been and will always be their own company.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I'm not sure if you're asking a question. It's a statement...with a question mark.

That is the problem here, there is no point in doing them, so people don't do them. All Blizzard has to do is add a silly pet or a mount on the vendor that is purchasable with tricky treats, and now everyone has a reason to do participate in the event this year.

Or add some rare thing that drops from the Headless Horseman. Now everyone has a reason to run the dungeon.

It's unexplainable why Blizzard doesn't do this.
    Headless Horsemen mount says hi. Its rare and ALOT of people still don't have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Would be nice, I always enjoyed the holiday revamps. It's a pipedream at any rate.
    Stay salty my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    You just have to ask yourself, is this raid related content for the hardcore minority?

If the answer is no, then it isn't important in the eyes of Blizzard.

Yes, clearly flex was put in for those who've already downed heroic Garrosh

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Headless Horsemen mount says hi. Its rare and ALOT of people still don't have it.

That's nice. Now back to my original statement, they should add reason for everyone to run the dungeon.

Would you rather have content that would last a few months and be around for longer or a week to a month event that is only around once during the year and then it's gone for another year? While I agree that the holidays have gotten a bit stale and could use some touching up they probably haven't been updated a whole lot since they are most likely putting their efforts towards work on a new expansion.