Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrandron View Post
    Would you rather have content that would last a few months and be around for longer or a week to a month event that is only around once during the year and then it's gone for another year? While I agree that the holidays have gotten a bit stale and could use some touching up they probably haven't been updated a whole lot since they are most likely putting their efforts towards work on a new expansion.
    Cmon I doubt holiday events take much of dev time. It is not like they have to choose between an entire raid instance versus a simple holiday event.

Whelp. People will literally bitch about every single facet of this game.

I want more stuff to do. I want less dailies. Timeless Isle is too much grinding. Give me more mounts and pets. Blizz is obviously lazy because they won't update something that lasts for a week or two every single year.

There hasn't been a new mount or pet added to most of the holidays in years! If you got them then obviously the holiday isn't for you. Do they really need to make the holiday event new and fresh every single year? I really don't see the need for it. They are HOLIDAY EVENTS! They last a couple weeks. You get some stuff. There's no need for them to be cutting edge content.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

Almost every game does cool, unique, and new holiday events... except the cash cow some of you still play called World of Warcraft.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

Game development is pretty difficult, for blizzard to update everything and still give you new content would be a TREMENDOUS amount of work and would take forever. Blizzard would rather focus on giving content to keep people busy and maybe slowly add little snip-its of updates to old content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    Almost every game does cool, unique, and new holiday events... except the cash cow some of you still play called World of Warcraft.
    Why are you even in the WoW forums if all you want to do is bash it? haha.

Yet here you are, browsing and posting on a World of Warcraft forum.

That is incredibly strange.

Hallow's End is probably the most fleshed out of the holidays;
    It's got multiple quests - dailies - the boss - dozens of vanity rewards and it just has an awesome theme.

It could do with something new maybe but not as much as people are expecting.

I mean seriously; What do you want added? Another sub 1% drop out of the bag most people will never get? That's not really content.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    Um, the last raid of the expansion has always been out right at around 1 year after the release of the expansion.

Wrath - released November 8, 2008 - ICC - released December 8, 2009
    Cata - released November 23, 2010 - Dragon Soul - released November 29, 2011
    MoP - released September 25, 2012 - SoO - released September 10, 2013

The last 3 expansions, the final raid has come out a year after the expansion release, give or take a few weeks. Nothing has really changed with the timing that would warrant ignoring updating the holiday content.
    You are forgetting one thing.
    ICC - patch 3.3
    DS - patch 4.3
    SoO - patch 5.4

Also I never said it was unusual, I was saying people should be happy about content not coming out slower than in the past***

See anything inconsistent about that list? They are putting out patches faster than ever before. And I think the raiding this expansion is better than the previous ones as far as encounter design. They will get to the holiday events, it's nowhere close to the top priority.
    Last edited by Relimash; 2013-10-19 at 08:28 PM. Reason: iPhone autocorrect -.-

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Maybe we want new mounts or fun items? I got the Horseman Mount, title, and pets, so doing this holiday's events is pointless.
    Some of us (read: me) still don't have the stupid mount from Horseman. Been after that stupid thing for 6 or 7 years now. I would like to see them bump up the ilvl on the items even if it were just to 496 to match the timeless gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    look what gw 2 got a free to play game. they kept stuff from last year plus ton new shit too

Blood and Madness
    Halloween returns to Tyria, and the studious Magister Tassi is busy. Obsessed with everything related to Mad King Thorn, the diminutive scholar is hunting for a lost relic connected to the crazed monarch famous for his Halloween mayhem. But what she discovers is something tucked away centuries ago—and for a good reason. Join Tassi, uncover the Mad King’s ghoulish secret, and learn that some things that are hidden can return with a vengeance.
    The Blood and Madness content will be available from October 15 to November 11, including rewards and achievements. The only exception is the A Royal Tradition achievement, which can only be completed when Mad King Thorn visits Lion’s Arch.
    Story

Join Magister Tassi at the Nolani Academy ruins in the northwest corner of the Black Citadel for two multiplayer story instances:
    The first introduces the players to this year’s Halloween story and the arrival of Mad King Thorn’s son, the Bloody Prince. As players work towards completing the meta-achievement, they can occasionally use Tassi’s relay golem to check in on her developments.
    The second story instance requires completion of the Blood and Madness meta-achievement in order to enter and play the story conclusion. A least one player in the party needs to have met the prerequisite for the whole party to enter and begin the instance.

Lion’s Arch

Lion’s Arch has been decorated with Halloween flair. Decorations abound with pumpkins to carve. There are kids trick-or-treating, and merchants selling Halloween recipes. Even Zommoros has some festive spirit, turning the Mystic Forge into a cauldron. Jump in for some costume brawl fun!
    Sonder the Seller in Fort Marriner will exchange candy corn for candy corn cobs, which can be used to buy a Mini Bloody Prince Thorn and 20-slot candy-pail inventory bags. He will also combine stacks of chattering skulls, plastic fangs, and nougat for refined versions. These resultant items are ingredients needed to craft exclusive Halloween weapons: The Mad Moon (shield), Arachnophobia (short bow), and The Crossing (staff).
    Mad King Thorn himself will arrive in Lion’s Arch on Halloween from 9 a.m. PDT on October 30 to 9 a.m. PDT on November 1. Laugh at his mad jokes and play his Mad King Says game!

Open World

In the Krytan areas of Queensdale, Kessex Hills, and Gendarran Fields, the Mad Realm doors have returned. This time, there are two varieties: the green Mad King doors and the red-purple Bloody Prince doors. Upon interaction, each brings one of several occurrences: a trick-or-treat bag can appear, or an event will start where players will need to defeat an intrusion of either the Mad King’s army of candy-corn elementals, plastic spiders, and gargoyles or the Bloody Prince’s army of skeletons, mummies, and ghosts.
    Just outside of each home city, players can find a tent and stage with Halloween decorations. Talk to the trick-or-treating kids, the Mad King Thorn actor in costume, or to the ghost Rasmus, who can transfer players to the Lunatic Inquisition activity in the Mad Realm.
    The Heart of the Mists and the home citadels in the Borderlands have also been decorated for Halloween.

Mad Realm

The Mad Realm can be entered through the Mad Realm doors that appear in Queensdale, Kessex Hills, and Gendarran Fields. The Mad King and Bloody Prince doors will transport players to the west and east docks above the Mad King’s Labyrinth respectively. The Lunatic Boatmaster can bring you to the Lunatic Inquisition or the Mad King’s Clock Tower. Players can also interact with the portal seal on the ground to travel to the labyrinth below.
    The Mad King’s Labyrinth has been thrown into conflict as the Mad King’s and Bloody Prince’s armies clash. Watch the Thorns bicker in the map as their forces fight for control. Three legendary bosses patrol the maze: the Skeletal Lich, the Grand High Viscount of Candy Corn, and the Labyrinthine Horror.
    The Lunatic Inquisition activity pits players against one another, as Lunatic courtiers search out villagers in the labyrinth. Players must use found items and hidden secrets to survive the night.
    The Mad King’s Clock Tower has returned with all of its jumping challenges. While ascending the tower, the player will remain fully visible, but fellow players will be shown with a mist effect.

Rewards

Completing the first story instance at the Nolani Academy ruins will reward the player with Tassi’s relay golem and four limited-use Halloween finishers. Summon the golem while completing Blood and Madness achievements to hear updates from Tassi.
    Finishing the Blood and Madness meta-achievement, A Sweet Friend, will reward the player a Mini Candy-Corn Elemental. Completing this achievement unlocks the final story instance by returning players to Tassi in the Nolani Academy ruins.
    Completing the final story instance will reward players with the Gift of Candy Corn, a personal candy corn mining node in their home instance that can be mined once a day.
    The rewards for completing the Mad King’s Clock Tower have been updated for the new year.
    Players who succeed at Mad King Says for the A Royal Tradition achievement will receive the Mask of the Night Skin.
    Sonder the Seller at Fort Marriner in Lion’s Arch has an updated inventory with Halloween-themed goods and crafting materials.
    Recipes for the Gift of Spiders, Gift of Souls, and Gift of the Moon have returned in their updated forms.
    Recipe: Gift of Spiders requires 40 Bottles of Elonian Wine, 10 Candy Corn Cobs, 10 Piles of Crystalline Dust, and 100 High-Quality Plastic Fangs.
    Recipe: Gift of Souls requires 40 Bottles of Elonian Wine, 10 Candy Corn Cobs, 10 Piles of Crystalline Dust, and 100 Tyria’s Best Nougat Centers.
    Recipe: Gift of the Moon requires 40 Bottles of Elonian Wine, 10 Candy Corn Cobs, 10 Piles of Crystalline Dust, and 100 Gibbering Skulls.

Achievements

A Sweet Friend is the Blood and Madness meta-achievement. By besting the Mad King’s labyrinth bosses, playing Halloween activities, opening trick-or-treat bags, and completing Mad Realm door events, players can earn enough points to earn the Mini Candy-Corn Elemental, which is a requirement to enter the conclusion of the Blood and Madness story arc.
    Successfully playing Mad King Says when Mad King Thorn visits Lion’s Arch will also count towards the meta-achievement.
    Note: The A Stomping Good Time achievement, which tracks use of Halloween finishers in PvP and WvW, will not progress if players are in a custom arena.
    Special Halloween-themed daily achievements during the release also contribute to the meta-achievement. These are earned by participating in specific Halloween content each day.
    Additionally, there are three achievements that become available after completing the A Sweet Friend achievement and deal with the second story instance encounter with Bloody Prince Thorn. Completing “You, Back in the Box” will award the Gift of Candy Corn, a candy-corn node that can be mined daily in the player’s home instance.
    NEW FEATURES AND CONTENT
    World vs. World.

Note there was more to this patch but aren't related to a Holiday event.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    there was a blue post months ago where they said they want to update the holidays and will at some point. wait and see
    There was a blue post month ago when blizzard said they wont be updating any holiday this expansion anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha u mad WoW is still #1?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather them work on meaningful content instead of holiday events I couldn't give a flying fart about.

I guess it would be nice for an update, but idc.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    i think everybody here wishing for better gear drops, have totally missed the point in the holiday events. they are not supposed to be something for you to gear up on, they are supposed to be fun little time sinks to break up the monthly grind for gear.

with that in mind, yah i would like to see an update to the holidays, new list of achieves, maybe change the location, give all new rewards. not just adding in one simple pet, here and there.

and while i was thinking about it, why should blizzard "replace" what we already have? maybe they could simply add a new event to run along side the current one? players could have a choice then. still missing the HH mount? np, you can still try, while enjoying the new stuff. have a nostalgia bone for the current event? np its not going anywhere, you can continue to do it too.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2013-10-19 at 08:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    i think everybody here wishing for better gear drops, have totally missed the point in the holiday events. they are not supposed to be something for you to gear up on, they are supposed to be fun little time sinks to break up the monthly grind for gear.

with that in mind, yah i would like to see an update to the holidays, new list of achieves, maybe change the location, give all new rewards. not just adding in one simple pet, here and there.
    I think Blizzard can make a lot more fun holiday activities than the ones we have now. They updated Dark Moon fair and that place is sweet! I hope they will have time eventually to upgrade some of the holidays, that would be sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by gee View Post
    Cmon I doubt holiday events take much of dev time. It is not like they have to choose between an entire raid instance versus a simple holiday event.
    Time used on something else is still less time on other content so somethings are bound to get left out or not be as good as they otherwise would be, even if its a small amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by yunito View Post
    Note there was more to this patch but aren't related to a Holiday event.
    That's because GW2's content model is literally all about continuously adding small content patches. Blizzard's content model is not. New content comes in large waves in WoW.

Personally, if it came down to Blizz updating a bunch of holiday events, most of which I don't even celebrate, or Blizzard doing meaningful work on new content such as Gilneas i'd pick the latter every time.

Maybe when they increase the dev size by 40% again they can do it

4 years and they couldn't even manage to recycle the Olympics event.

How long has it been since they even added a new holiday event ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    That's because GW2's content model is literally all about continuously adding small content patches. Blizzard's content model is not. New content comes in large waves in WoW.
    got to say some patches are crappy crap that im sure didn't take them months to do like 5.3 and few other in the past like during cataclysm.
    blizzard model should change. the whole patches are coming out faster i don't know if that mean less content to get the newer expansion set out sooner.
    way i see it going to be a new expansion set every year with 1 big patch between since usually the first big patch was/is made during the initial launch of the expansion set.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Personally, if it came down to Blizz updating a bunch of holiday events, most of which I don't even celebrate, or Blizzard doing meaningful work on new content such as Gilneas i'd pick the latter every time.

Maybe when they increase the dev size by 40% again they can do it
    when they had soo many developer in the past we were on cata expansion.......well that expansion set speak for it self and middle of it, they were working on mop.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    I'd rather them work on meaningful content instead of holiday events I couldn't give a flying fart about.

I guess it would be nice for an update, but idc.
    Hit the nail right on the head with that one. I hope that's mindset of the majority.

10+ Year Old Account
    You want holiday content or another raid.