Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    there was a blue post months ago where they said they want to update the holidays and will at some point. wait and see
    Didn't see that blue post - but almost willing to bet we see revamped holidays introduced next expansion. Yeah, I'm going out on a limb there.

I did find it, personally, disappointing that the item levels for the holiday boss gear weren't upgraded for either Brewfest or Hallow's End. The sole reason I am bothering to do Hallow's End at all this year is the damned mount. Once I get it, they'll HAVE to update the holidays for me to bother with them again.

#FlightIsImportant

Deleted
    So now people expect better gear and mounts from doing holiday events than doing end-game raiding, ofcourse that makes total sense!

This community sometimes...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    So now people expect better gear and mounts from doing holiday events than doing end-game raiding, ofcourse that makes total sense!

Before I had 6 level 90 toons who outgeared the holiday items altogether, it was bloody nice to GET upgrades from the holiday bosses. I didn't expect it, but it sure as hell helped with the motivation to deal with holiday events I already trudged through for 'Long Strange Trip' over the course of 2009 to 2010. Mounts are simply another potential loot drop, and a perk. I never said I expected all the holidays to include them, just stating that my sole motivation for facing this particular holiday is the battle with the RNG-gods that withhold the Reins of the Headless Horseman from me.

#FlightIsImportant

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Uh... they already updated Brewfest and Hallow's End at the start of the expansion. Not our fault you weren't around for them back when they still gave upgrades.
    Huge difference in updating the ilvl of gear and the events.

The last big Update the holiday events got was ones that required killing someone was added to LFD.

There is Zero reason why blizzard can't update the holiday events to add something new and I'm sorry but updated ilvl at the start of each Xpac is not new. Not to Game Vs Game but each holiday event in GW2 has been different then its counter part from a year ago and if a B2p mmo can do this a P2p MMO that makes a shit ton of money each month can as well.

Tired of blizzard using the excuse "It Takes To Much Time" and I'm tired of people beliving them. Blizzard has the money to hire a new/small team just to do this and they refuse to it. Hell there is other P2p and even F2p mmo's they do something 100% different each holiday and yet blizzard can't seem to do anything.......

Sorry its lazy pure and simple.

- - - Updated - - -

No people expect all there game quaility to be the best when they are paying 15$ a month and not halfassed and holiday events is one of the game contents that has been halfassed for sometime.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    This entitlement of things in this game over "omg 15$ a month" must be unique for this game.

As been said before, the holiday event loot got upgraded in this expansion so IMO that shouldnt be affected by any changes until next expansion, however I can agree that they could add other small fun things around if truly there has been no updates to the events for so long. But gear? No need, we got so many ways to get improved gear now and who runs holiday events to get gear upgrades anyway?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    You just have to ask yourself, is this raid related content for the hardcore minority?

If the answer is no, then it isn't important in the eyes of Blizzard.
    Pretty sure you've got that one backwards.
    Want proof? Look at the very recent buff to feral druids.

This entitlement of things in this game over "omg 15$ a month" must be unique for this game.

As been said before, the holiday event loot got upgraded in this expansion so IMO that shouldnt be affected by any changes until next expansion, however I can agree that they could add other small fun things around if truly there has been no updates to the events for so long. But gear? No need, we got so many ways to get improved gear now and who runs holiday events to get gear upgrades anyway?
    Once again upgrading the gear at the start of the xpac dose not count that is not content being added its content being updated and its only updated for the first time the holiday shows up in a xpac.

If B2p/F2p and other P2p MMO's can provide new holiday content each year why can't WOW.

If its a problem with money then thats just a halfass excuse because blizzard makes more money then all other mmo's.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted

your name shows your comment as well.
    honestly i couldn't give A CRAP about end game raiding anymore. It's dull, repetitive and you just have to follow a scripted event which is so easy to overcome. Yes i think halloween for example wouldn't be bad to give out some 522 rings considering timefail island.

10+ Year Old Account
    [...] and who runs holiday events to get gear upgrades anyway?
    People who.. gasp.. play alts? Granted, NOW there are Timeless tokens one could pass around - but prior to this, obviously not. Besides, I for one enjoyed going after upgrades via the holiday bosses. It was a small measure of incentive when, again, I already beat my head against all the holidays for 'Long Strange Trip' over the course of 2009 to 2010.

#FlightIsImportant

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    i still dont get why you keep going back to a raid vs updated holiday stuff, when there is clearly 2 different kinds of patches
    Did they update holiday crap on dominance offensive? Look I'm not arguing I agree it would be nice if they surprised us and did something new. The game sorely needs it.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.