Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    Laziness and taking their consumers for granted. Losing 5 million hasn't been enough to make them humble and respect their consumers.
    pretty much this.

going to see what they have in store for blizzcon. since i honestly don't see any patch till probably 1-2month before the new expansion set, im going to unsub at the end of next month until the next expansion set or patch & im pretty sure many other would do the same and a good % would most likely wont be coming back adding more into the lost sub % 4 ever.

Jesus christ people how about you wake up and smell the coffee. They are pumping out new fantastic raids with never before seen speed and have an entire new expansion to make which most probably will contain one (or more) of the most important characters in the entire game so the expansion can't be half assed.

Instead of being unreasonably whiny and wanting more more more especially when it comes to seasonal events or minipets how about you do one of the numerous activities this game already has to offer. Paying a sixpack worth of money to someone doesn't perform miracles, jeez...
    Last edited by Strafir; 2013-10-19 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafir View Post
    Jesus christ people how about you wake up and smell the coffee. They are pumping out new fantastic raids with never before seen speed and have an entire new expansion to make which most probably will contain one (or more) of the most important characters in the entire game so the expansion can't be half assed.

Instead of being unreasonably whiny and wanting more more more especially when it comes to seasonal events or minipets how about you do one of the numerous activities this game already has to offer. Paying a sixpack worth of money to someone doesn't perform miracles, jeez...
    Not to mention they are constantly adding new world events. I mean, I guess every single month of every single year should have a new unique and different event.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yunito View Post
    pretty much this.

going to see what they have in store for blizzcon. since i honestly don't see any patch till probably 1-2month before the new expansion set, im going to unsub at the end of next month until the next expansion set or patch & im pretty sure many other would do the same and a good % would most likely wont be coming back adding more into the lost sub % 4 ever.
    Sub is only worth till 24 december...than you can quit till next expansion (if you like pets thats it).
    Anyway..this even fells the same every year no matter what they do...get candy..kills headless horseman. All that was new it was a cat 2 years ago .
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    Laziness and taking their consumers for granted. Losing 5 million hasn't been enough to make them humble and respect their consumers.
    i think you have gotten a bit carried away here. it has never been said anywhere that these events would be updated. so calling blizz lazy for something that was just a little flavor to the game several years ago is kinda silly. this thread is just a 'what if' kind of thread. sure it would be nice, but its not even close to lazy if they dont.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Content creation for something that is out for very short time every year. Would be nice if there was a bit more effort in at least updating some things to make them current.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    i think you have gotten a bit carried away here. it has never been said anywhere that these events would be updated. so calling blizz lazy for something that was just a little flavor to the game several years ago is kinda silly. this thread is just a 'what if' kind of thread. sure it would be nice, but its not even close to lazy if they dont.
    When you consider the age of the game many of the holiday events have been available and supposedly current content for longer than some raid tiers and taking into account those that would benefit from updated holiday events I do think it is lazy that they have not updated them.

It has never been said is not a good argument. Blizzard used to be a company which used to go the extra mile. That was the reason why at one stage, just having blizzard logo on a game was enough to make it a best seller. There are many companies out there that do what blizzard does now, they do the bare minimum. They no longer even try.
    Since cataclysm, I have heard more excuses from blizzard (a multi billion dollar company) on how they do not have resources to get things done, it's just ridiculous. People can chose to believe Blizzard's excuses, I do not. It is no longer the company that was the torch bearer and the standard for gaming companies should be. It also shows in how they have lost loyalty. 5 million down and counting...

Deleted
    Considering most events haven't changed a fuck since TBC I'd say it's about time to would update. I understand not doing it every year, but it's been a while now...

- - - Updated - - -

Of course it is being lazy. I don't blame them as they won't gain any money from it and no extra money = loosing money due the work that would go into updating the game.

I understand from a profit making company point of view that updating temp events isn't worth it, but let's not pretend that it's not being lazy or greedy.

Man, back when I played Everquest, we'd have GM events for holidays. THey'd spawn dragons and all kinds of cool things throughout the world. It was unforeseen, nobody had a clue what to do, and it was the scariest, most dangerously rewarding time of my youth. It really makes modern day "holiday" events nothing special at all.

WoW is the cash cow, so they do not need to exceed expectations.
    Last edited by Trakanonn; 2013-10-20 at 01:09 AM.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    they could had added a hallow end event during the last week of September till nov 11.
    storyline there new Threat to azeroth.
    a evil Cult has Summon 1 of the 4 horsemen and now are trying to summon the rest.
    Mission to all heroes Stop the evil cult from succefully summon the remaining horsemen and kill the 1 alive.

this would include a small quest hub with a 4-5 quest line and weekly quest (for valor point).
    this would take place in a a neutral zone phase out for lvl 90 like the barrens event.
    every hour or so random rare boss would spawn (recycle old boss skin w/e).
    every week there be more added adds in the zone that drop % on item quest,pets,vanity,gold.
    last week of the event u get to fight the horsemen whos alive every 3-4hr.

@ the same time u could keep all other past hallow end events(headless horse men ect)
    my whole point it shouldn't take them many resource to add few handful quest and small weekly activity for a holiday event.

i just give up ...ignored my post wow kills wow in the end

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I understand from a profit making company point of view that updating temp events isn't worth it, but let's not pretend that it's not being lazy or greedy.
    no its not lazy at all. a majority of the players couldnt care less about holiday events. Blizzard puts their efforts into parts of the game that MOST players are interested in. what we need is for players to express their wishes for new holiday events, or updated old ones. blizz has always been accommodating when player interest is high enough.
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by yunito View Post
    pretty much this.

Perhaps they barely have enough devs. It has been years and they still do not have enough devs, this is not because they are so selective and new hires need to be perfect fit for the team, and all that bullshit, but because they chose not to invest in their dev team and chose not to expand their dev team.

Blizzard does as little as they can possibly get away with and still maintain subscribers, as for someone who says it doesn't matter to enough players, I'm betting there are considerably more of us who care about the lack of attention to holiday events than there are hardcore raiders.
    I have many 90s and since BC have always had at least 10 max level characters, I used to have fun doing the holiday events year after year.
    Players who say Blizzard doesn't have the resources need to look at what other games offer that make far less money, WoW is still the best in the genre and there is no reasonable excuse for Blizzards failure to keep the events relevant throughout the expac.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Which is such an annoying answer, because even if they say throwing money at the problem doesnt help, it completely does. You can get any 2nd year animation student to do the upgrades to holiday events. WoW's models are so bloody basic its laughable.
    The point at which they hire a second year animation student to work on WoW is the moment at which they no longer have a moral high-ground to expect a subscription fee.

Cobbled together work is recognizable, and you wouldn't pay for it. Examples: nearly every other MMO going no-sub.

A second year animation student could probably throw together a decent looking model, sure. But, what people don't think about is this:

Go to a really good tailor, and ask him for a shirt.
    Go to a second, and ask for some slacks.
    Go to a third, and ask for a blazer.
    Go to a fourth, and ask for a tie.
    Go to a fifth, and ask for a hat.
    Go to a cobbler, and ask for some shoes.

Put all those random elements together, from the best tailors/cobblers in the world, without telling them all what you want or coordinating them all together in any way. What do you think the odds are that the combination would be in any way nice-looking? Pretty low. You'd get something like a wool blazer with velvet pants and a silk shirt.

That's what would happen if WoW (or any game) was filled with random "looks good" models and textures.

From an art design perspective, no other MMO (and most games at all) comes close to the level of consistency as WoW. The biggest problem with WoW from an art design perspective is the texture problem, i.e. Vanilla textures are all low-res compared to later textures, putting them together is clownsuity.

Having second year animation students would make that problem worse, not better, especially if you don't get a good art director in to make them work all towards the same goal, while staying consistent to the current art direction in WoW. And, if you did get that good art director, iterating on the art would make it take a really long time.

Which, is what happens in WoW currently, basically.

So, no. Just wrong.

I just noticed that (on my main at least) I havent touched any hollyday stuff since 2009.
    Last edited by Kavoo; 2013-10-20 at 03:54 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post

Yeah, that explains why they created the Isle of Thunder and the Timeless Isle, eh? Or, you know, how they created LFR and Flex, which the hardcore minority have no interest in. Or maybe the PvP summit they're holding.

But, go ahead, keep making shit up.
    Oh you mean catch up islands? LFR was also made as a catch up mechanism - sly bastards.

Face it. Just about every thing in this game that isn't raiding is made in service of their precious raids - if it's not, it's considered as no gameplay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post
    Stock Blizzard Answer:

You can either have a new activity on 1 holiday - or an entire raid tier. Take your pick. We can only do one.
    AKA

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    You just have to ask yourself, is this raid related content for the hardcore minority?

If the answer is no, then it isn't important in the eyes of Blizzard.
    When they pre-select the answer for you to MORE RAIDS.

Holiday content should be the lowest priority possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I'd love to see an update. I'd like to see the holiday loot update depending on the current tier. Dropping, say, 545 rings (lower than normal, higher than flex) or even 540 would be neat. A 470 is worthless, even for a new 90.
    Yeah no I don't think 3 minutes of queueing for 25 seconds of fight is worth better gear than flex. Make it 516, on par with H-Scenario loot. More in line with the time/effort it takes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HavelTheRock View Post
    Yeah no I don't think 3 minutes of queueing for 25 seconds of fight is worth better gear than flex. Make it 516, on par with H-Scenario loot. More in line with the time/effort it takes.
    you are assuming the fight cant be tuned to last longer. lest you forget you dont have to be 90 to queue for it. just because Darsithis wished for slightly better gear, doesnt mean he didnt want the fight to be relative to the gear drops. he might have, but im just saying lets not make so many assumptions of others.

but again, the holiday events were never about getting the latest and greatest gear, they were simply fun little timeout vacations from the more dedicated raid grinds.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2013-10-20 at 03:04 AM.