Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    In short ... it might not help you RIGHT NOW, but if the day come when 1 or both of you loses your job and need help ... there actualy might be help to get...

This is the way most of europe work, and tho it is not free of problems i would rather get ill here in Denmark then in the US.

we also get a social safety net .. that means that nomatter how unlucky you might get, there will ALWAYS be somone to catch you ... you will ALWAYS be given money so you can have a meal and a roof over your head ... its the absolute minimum money needed to live and might be a crappy apartmen but here it is basily almost impossible to become homeless here.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kame Guru View Post
    You want to find out? Go read the fucking law.
    That is impossible to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Mister Madgod View Post
    it tries to get as many people to buy insurance as it can, especially young healthy people.
    I think you mean "forces".

10+ Year Old Account
    It might not help you. It might help other people. That's how some social services work. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Galluccio View Post
    If I told you the reasons, it would open up a whole new line of trolling which I'm going to avoid.

Edit: SO, now I'm overly generous.

What's so hard about finding out how Obama Care is going to help us?

I clearly came to the wrong place to find out information. Waste of time.
    You came with an attitude. People replied in kind.
    Putin khuliyo

Step 1: Go to the website

Step 2: Use the calculator to get an estimate on your insurance cost. Remember there may be subsidies to help as well. If it's a better deal then you have your answer and you can show your wife how dumb she's acting.

This seems to be a recurring trend lately.

Random dumbass: OMG Obamacare is so dumb because Obama is dumb!
    Me: Well have you even checked out healthcare prices through the ACA and such?
    Random dumbass: No way!
    Me: Well then you have no clue what you're even bitching about.

This stuff is getting so old and annoying. It seems the majority of people bitching and moaning haven't even gone to the website at all.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    OP, Obamacare won't help you. You get health insurance from your wife, and the packages they offer on new website are more expensive.

You are wrong to say that your insurance kicks in at 3k though. Your insurance negotiates down your bills starting at first cent. So when your doctor says 'pay us $150', your insurance gets doctor to come down to like 70 bucks.
    Even if that were true, YOU still are required to pay $3k out of pocket before health insurance kicks in. Once you've personally paid $3k out of pocket you then have insurance coverage.

Learn how deductibles work before you post for crying out loud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    At that level of income you can take care of yourself and then some.
    Why the fuck are people so self righteous that they think they think this kind of Robin Hood BS is acceptable?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    Why the fuck are people so self righteous that they think they think this kind of Robin Hood BS is acceptable?
    People get pissed off at greed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    That is impossible to do.
    So it's impossible for people of certain political alignments to read a 900 page novel?

I knew literacy among certain demographics was low, I didn't know it was that low.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    I don't want his money taken away from him, I just hate it when people who already make a lot attempt to horde it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want his money taken away from him, I just hate it when people who already make a lot attempt to horde it.
    Considering how he donates 800 a month to charity. I think it's more on his end then the infamous Obamacare. I mean it's generous but that's A LOT to donate.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Affordable Care Act is intended to help those who cannot easily get insurance (either because their employers do not offer it, they are not employed, or have other similar types of issues) obtain health care insurance.

People who are employed have the option - they can check the exchanges to see if a lower cost option exists for them or they can use their employer's insurance offerings. Based on your combined incomes, it's unlikely that the ACA is going to directly help you; however, it may reduce the costs of some services, and now many basic services have to be offered as completely covered (and thus you won't pay anything towards some of those, particularly preventative care services appropriate for your age and sex).

The ACA was never intended to replace or overturn traditional insurance policies (aside from guaranteeing coverage even for pre-existing conditions and other nasty restrictions). It's intended to provide health care options for everyone and, by eliminating the emergency room as the primary care provider for uninsured individuals, hopefully reduce the overall costs to consumers and health care providers both. Will it fully do so? No one knows yet, because we haven't fully tried it. But that's the intent for the most part.

Anyone know how this might help or hurt me? I haven't had the motivation to read all 5 million pages of the law. And, that alone already sound pretty messed up--a bill that has that many pages has got to have a ton of loop holes.
    I'll assume this is not a troll post. The Affordable Care Act will help by driving down the cost curve of medical care in the long run. It prevents health insurers from excluding you due to pre-existing conditions. It negates the necessity of expensive COBRA coverage should you ever find yourself temporarily without coverage. Should you are your wife ever divorce, it will provide you with a path to insurance outside that provided by your spouses union provided healthcare.

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    So it's impossible for people of certain political alignments to read a 900 page novel?

I knew literacy among certain demographics was low, I didn't know it was that low.
    First of all a laymen understanding legal jargon, but lets say you are fully versed.
    Bureaucracies in the Obama Administration have thus far published approximately 11,588,500 words of final Obamacare regulations, while there are only 381,517 words in the Obamacare law itself.

That means unelected federal officials have now written 30 words of regulations for each word in the law.

I mean you need to know about the regulations to fully understand it right?

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    First of all a laymen understanding legal jargon, but lets say you are fully versed.
    Bureaucracies in the Obama Administration have thus far published approximately 11,588,500 words of final Obamacare regulations, while there are only 381,517 words in the Obamacare law itself.

That means unelected federal officials have now written 30 words of regulations for each word in the law.

I mean you need to know about the regulations to fully understand it right?

Can you source that claim?

You know a lot about us do you? We donate $800 a month towards charity. So, I ask how obama care is going to help us and I'm selfish? I get ya.

Edit: We pay taxes as well.
    Obama care will help you in the event that both you and your wife end up in a financially precarious situation due to loss of income. As a realtor I'm sure that you can appreciate some sort of safeguard in the event that your wife loses her job due to school budget cuts and/or you have a bad year due to fluctuations in the housing market.

Your attitude towards charity is commendable but your wife's attitude is a poor one to have unless she specified some specific, logical reason that she is not OK with having a health care safety net in the event that the two of you run into unforseen circumstances.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm a realtor who makes $75,000 a year and my wife is a school teacher who makes $54,000 a year. My wife takes care of the health insurance. I do know that every year the deductible is going up. This next year we'll have to pay $3,000 before any insurance kicks in.

I ask my wife. "Do you know how Obama care is going to help us.."
    Wife: "No it won't"
    Me: "No, really will it help or not."
    Wife: "No it won't help because Obama is an ass."

Ok. Great answer. If Obama care won't help me I at least want to make sure it's not going to hurt me.

Anyone know how this might help or hurt me? I haven't had the motivation to read all 5 million pages of the law. And, that alone already sound pretty messed up--a bill that has that many pages has got to have a ton of loop holes.
    If your wife is already on a plan, then it won't change. Go to healthcare.gov for all the information and quotes.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Who are you to determine whether or not someone is "hording" money? Do you not see the slippery slope that creates?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Who are you to determine whether or not someone is "hording" money? Do you not see the slippery slope that creates?
    Slippery slopes are fallacious. People who penny pinch even when they have a shitload as it is, or bitch about not being able to afford their yacht this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Slippery slopes are fallacious. People who penny pinch even when they have a shitload as it is, or bitch about not being able to afford their yacht this year.
    But...what if I want to name it PRECIOUS!?!?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What business do you have with what he does with something that is ultimately his at the end of the day? And you really aren't in any position to define hoarding when it comes to money. Maybe someone wants to see their son grow up with a modest amount of money.. or maybe.. IDK, people like to save their money for a rainy day.