Deleted

GTA 5 racing, wtf?

I hit someone backside from the side, i slip away.
    Someone hits my backside from the side, i spin.
    I get pushed, i slip away
    I push someone, i slip away.
    Someone else runs over ruble, nothing happens
    I run over ruble, i fly 20 ft in the air.
    Someone crashes 20x, still manages to catch up with me
    I crash 1 time, never catching up.
    10 people drive 200m/h over a crossing, no problem
    I drive 200m/h over a crossing, random car crosses the street.

Seriously, wtf is with this game?
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2013-10-21 at 07:08 PM.

seems like it's still in beta

After beating the game, I have to say that its the master-of-mediocre at the MANY things it sought to do. But at the end of the day, its neither a great racing game, nor a shooter, nor a golf game, nor a tennis game. Its just barely passable in vehicle handling and the shootouts IMO. Either you die, or you play it as they intended (crouching in certain areas, turning the car at specific times) and just win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    seems like it's still in beta
    Beta is beta, you cannot critique the gam- Oh wait.
    Hey everyone

Sounds like OP is just bad at driving imo.

That's exactly it.. its a game. GTA was never meant for racing.. atleast I never saw it as that.. just.. drive as fast as possible and hope that a random car doesn't generate infront of you. And the GTA racing online.. is horrible.

Racing isn't hard at all. Just stay behind the leader until halfway or so on the final lap, because catch up is OP as hell. And stay behind on the first lap or so as it's guaranteed there's going be a major crash in like the first ten seconds. Besides that, just don't run into cars if traffic is on.

This is a L2p issue, hate to say it. But even more so, if you want good fair racing then you might be better off playing a racing game?
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    That's exactly it.. its a game. GTA was never meant for racing.. atleast I never saw it as that.. just.. drive as fast as possible and hope that a random car doesn't generate infront of you. And the GTA racing online.. is horrible.
    GTA has been about giving you the ability to do whatever criminal activity you ever wanted to in a game. That includes street racing and so it should be done right.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

For starters, if you are even slightly good, no way anyone who crashes 5 or more times in the race will catch up to you, even the catchup option doesn't let you close the gap you should have created. But ye, most of these complaints sound like skill issues, try to race cleanly as possible, avoiding all other cars, it will benefit you in the long run. The only time when i pit maneuver is when it's the difference between first and second place and I know unless I total him, he will just overtake me again.

Deleted
    I like gta for madness mayhem, why would i need to race?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    I hit someone backside from the side, i slip away.
    Someone hits my backside from the side, i spin.
    I get pushed, i slip away
    I push someone, i slip away.
    Someone else runs over ruble, nothing happens
    I run over ruble, i fly 20 ft in the air.
    Someone crashes 20x, still manages to catch up with me
    I crash 1 time, never catching up.
    10 people drive 200m/h over a crossing, no problem
    I drive 200m/h over a crossing, random car crosses the street.

Seriously, wtf is with this game?
    I seriously feel you. Don't think I've ever raged as much in any game as I do in GTA Online and that says a lot cause I've been stuck with complete wackheads in WoW LFD groups, LFR raids, LoL Pugs, COD lobbies and many more.

The entire design is built to work against the natural skill of the driver. If you are first, you automatically slow down and are penalised. Then you just never recover cause everyone that tails you gets a permanent speed boost.

If someone crashes into you and you crash off the road, you just can never recover. The worst part is when others try and nick you at the back and you end up spinning falling from 2nd to last. Its just a very frustrating experience. Its making me more and more less eager to play the game. The worst part about is that there are no penalties for bad behaviour, yet R* has a Bad sport club for random shit.

There are excellent racing games available for both consoles and PC, if you stick to joyriding and shooting prostitutes in GTA you will have a better time. Get a racing game if you want to race lol!
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

At the start of the race, try to avoid the inevitable cluster crash. After that, try to avoid contact. Use drafting to your advantage, which is one reason why people are catching up, OP. When slowing down for turns, especially for sharp turns, pump the brakes, don't hold it. If you hold it, you'll skid. Pumping helps you keep control easier while slowing down.

When turning, use this method, which should be familiar if you play other more dedicated racing games:
    http://image.carcraft.com/f/techarti...roper_turn.jpg
    Last edited by Jekerdud; 2013-10-22 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Pic was too large