Thread: Shadowcraft

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Shadowcraft

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere. I did some digging but was unable to locate any posts. I've recently started playing my rogue again and I remember it being a nice website for rogues. Is it broken or no longer being maintained?

10+ Year Old Account
    It is being maintained.

There is 1 limitation you should be aware of if you're trying to pick a spec - due to the way ShadowCraft models the different specs, cross-spec comparisons are inaccurate - please limit use to anything except comparing damage from 1 spec to another.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kael View Post
    It is being maintained.

There is 1 limitation you should be aware of if you're trying to pick a spec - due to the way ShadowCraft models the different specs, cross-spec comparisons are inaccurate - please limit use to anything except comparing damage from 1 spec to another.
    Will do, thank you.

Deleted
    I didnt want to create a whole new thread for this question i have about Shadowcraft so I would like to hijack this thread as the OP Question is complete.

When i import my combat rogue into Shadowcraft and use the Optimize Gems option it regems and drops the DPS value however on using the Optimize Gems again it replaces all the gems back to something like the originals but with a lower overall DPS value - was hopeful that someone may be able to tell me what is occurring when i use the optimize gems button the 2nd time ?

242577.4 DPS (0 )on import from armory > mostly Deft Vermilion Onyx gems
    240996.9 DPS (-1580.5) on 1st Optimize Gem button press > all red gem sockets have been filled with Delicate Primordial Ruby
    242380.2 DPS (+1383.2) on pressing the button a 2nd time > all red gems previously added have been switched for Deft Vermilion Onyx except boots socket which is now a Quick Sun's Radiance.

Which one to trust - my original gem setup previously obtained with the Optimize Gem button a week or more ago or one of these options above.

In the past pressing Optimize Gems repeatedly did not cause the regemming to switch back but acted like the Auto Reforge and just left everything as it was after 1st press - the 2nd press never used to change anything and I was assured that the Shadowforge engine could do better than the 1st pass.

Link to my shadowforge page after armory import

10+ Year Old Account
    JohnMarshall
    That happens because when you are gemmed in favor of haste, your EP for agility gets higher, putting shadowcraft to gem full agility, but then 2haste > 1 agility again and you just get back to where you were. Just mess around with the gems, start with a heavy haste setup and switch some reds to pure agility, you will see an increase, just stop when it start to fall.
    Sorry for the spelling.

Deleted
    Thank you very much

Swapped one gem and got 2.4dps increase - a knife-edge situation it seems
    Last edited by mmocd76284f6fb; 2013-10-20 at 09:59 PM.

Here's my wall of text from another thread, specifically discussing agi vs haste as combat but it explains a bit how to optimize with shadowcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Infective View Post
    In short, I prefer pure haste builds this tier. It cleaves better than other configurations(something a lot of people forget to check when using SC), and I think it plays more fluidly. But for the sake of being complete...

You get the best results by letting Shadowcraft optimize your gems until you get the highest value(it usually flip flops between pure agi and pure haste every time u click because thats how stats effect the weight of other stats)...once you have the highest value, go through and click on each gem slot individually. Any gem listed above it in the list is an increase. Replace them until you get to the point where the recommended upgrade actually lowers your estimated dps. Revert that change and you're about as optimal as you can get(or in the case of mine, it was a prismatic slot quick showing deft an upgrade and delicate a larger upgrade, delicate was actually a loss and deft was the best option). You often end up with a mix of pure haste, pure agi, and deft gems...but it shows better numbers on shadowcraft than just picking one of the pure builds.

For the record, the difference is very minimal, like maybe 5 dps per gem, but optimizing is optimizing I suppose. Here's my SC results for reference:

291469.6 DPS Hybrid
    7 quick
    9 deft
    4 delicate
    1 glinting

291368.9 DPS Pure Haste
    11 quick
    9 deft
    1 lightning

291172.7 DPS Pure Agility
    12 delicate
    8 deft
    1 glinting

Be sure to check each setup with Blade Flurry on as well. Generally pure haste does better in those situations, though it's close with hybrid gemming. I find the difference while cleaving to be greater than the difference when not, not to mention we're cleaving most of the time this tier anyway, so I prefer pure haste. Obviously everyone's results are as different as their gear, so check for yourself.