Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Ludicrous amounts of static "Hit" and Blue Sockets?

Is anyone else experiencing this with gear they have? A simple example of this is even for those that don't raid heroics or clear normal weekly would be to look at Ordos' cloth loot table... Every single piece of gear He drops has static "Hit" on it and Blue sockets (except those delicious Haste/Mastery Legs.... with blue sockets) from 3 items alone theres 1500/1200/1100 hit which makes up 70% of total Hit needed for cap. I raid heroics with guild and have decent progress but been unlucky on not getting 4 set in fact only have the 2 pieces of tier which I know in turn will alleviate my current problem but for now I am stuck with (but even at that might not use 4 set cause its pretty rubbish for Affli and I just cant force myself to play that horrible mindless arcane of the warlock world 3 button rotation spec destruction...Can never divorce myself of my love for demo even though I never use it because as we all know its completely broken)... I just feel as though itemisation for the final tier of an expansion the stats on gear is unbalanced it makes sense for every Ring/Neck/Belt and Blue sockets scattered throughout, but just the amount of shear static Hit i have on gear im being forced to gem stamina.... wtf! I look at some of these other locks who are at similar ilvl (Currently 564) to me on server and see they can use Keen Vermillion Onyx's... gemming expertise to make better use of reforging... Lucky bastardos where heres me gemming Stamina+Mastery/Haste like a Blook DK or Prot Pally who doesnt know how to gem properly...

Is anyone else having similar trouble I just shudder when I look at all me gear with Blue Socks less than 4k Crit (which is actually nice) stupid amounts of Hit and those damn stamina gems...
    Last edited by mmocec5b9995de; 2013-10-19 at 09:49 PM.

You're not the only one. I'm in a measly set of 551, and I'm almost 3% over the cap. Everything is reforged, simply can't get rid of more.

Deleted
    poor man poor poor man (/woman)

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's stupid. At one point I was on about 17.5% hit - I could not lose any more through reforging. I was using int/stam gems! It's been like this since T14 too.

I'm down to only two Int/Mastery gems. Soon back to that bro T14 itemization.

Deleted
    It got really bad with Wooshulay's in T15 already. You manage a good 15.1% or so and then get a trinket with 1600 hitrating... good luck reforging all of that away.

I've been lucky with some drops so I've been able to reduce my hit to a decent level, but the first one or two weeks of SoO I was sporting 18% hit with no way of getting rid of it.

Having our trinkets w/o hit helps with this tier. The bottom line is we have to be careful on which off pieces we choose.

I had 24% hit at some point \o/. Now I'm back to gemming expertise because I need hit. The hit problem goes away when you get better gear, has more red sockets and no hit.

currently still 0.54 over the cap, but thats mostly because of my gnome racial + wushu (stupid imerseus and shamans won't drop my trinket :<)
    once i can get rid of wushu all the hit problems go away :P

e: currently at 566, and most of my hit problems went away with sso :P if you manage to get the biggest stat boosters without hit (chest,mainhand,trinkets) you are pretty save
    Last edited by darkminaz; 2013-10-20 at 06:02 AM.

Take more crit pieces, problem solves itself in 1-2 items.

My main issue was from Wooshlay's. With that one I was using Stam/Mastery in my blue sockets. After I dropped that trinket hit became much more manageable and I went back to Hit/Mastery in my blues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    My main issue was from Wooshlay's. With that one I was using Stam/Mastery in my blue sockets. After I dropped that trinket hit became much more manageable and I went back to Hit/Mastery in my blues.
    Still trying to get rid of that lol

I have a feeling we will see Hit and Expertise go away in a near-future patch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I have a feeling we will see Hit and Expertise go away in a near-future patch.
    Either that or they will hopefully make superflous hit/expertise automatically convert to another secondary stat. This was mentioning as a viable possibility by a blue a few weeks ago i believe.

Making Hit and Expertise have at least some value after the cap would definitely help alleviate problems such as ours. I'm stuck with Wush as well for the foreseeable future, so not much I can do to get rid of it all.

I went breathe of hydra to dump quite some hit vs wushulays. Considering a lot of the hit on wushu is wasted and the full load of 2ndary stats is enhanced by the bindings trinket I got , the dps loss is less than what it may look like at first glance ( for destro ).

Also there are pieces like boots which have hit, but there are other boots with haste / mastery, the same goes for bracers , chest and gloves.
    Ofc you gotta go with what you can get, but keep this in mind if your guild is running dkp that the hit/haste boots from protectors given the circumstances really arent bis for you. In short, pass them for people who really do want them first.

Deleted
    I havent been too unlucky with loot its just some of it is riddled with Hit, I have both heroic warforged Ring (Hit/Crit) + Shoulders (Hit/Mastery)(2 Blue Sockets) + Boots (Hit/Haste w/+60hit socket bonus oh thanks...) from Protectors HC which have nearly 3000 Hit between them, also got those gloves (Hit/Crit)+(1 orange/1 blue socket) off HC Norushen with another 960 Hit on them... so completely over whelmed with extra Hit... desperately need more tier to replace these pieces... but still not sure of the maths whether 4 set is completely worthwhile for affli.. 10% chance of Haunt to regen soul shard... dunno...
    Last edited by mmocec5b9995de; 2013-10-21 at 02:44 PM.

Wouldn't it be better if you are over hit cap just to ignore blue sockets and just put a 320 gem there stead? Not worth geming for hit if you are already over hit cap.

I see it like this: 640 mastery or 320 mastery, 320 hit, 120 int.( 2 blue sockets with 120 int bonus) So imo ignoring sockets better if over hit cap.

Quote Originally Posted by warlockSTAR View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if you are over hit cap just to ignore blue sockets and just put a 320 gem there stead? Not worth geming for hit if you are already over hit cap.

I see it like this: 640 mastery or 320 mastery, 320 hit, 120 int.( 2 blue sockets with 120 int bonus) So imo ignoring sockets better if over hit cap.
    Exactly what I was going to say. Sim results put my Mastery and Haste at about 0.7 versus Intellect at 1, making a (Blue) Gem bonus less than 112 Intellect worse than a single pure yellow Gem. In my Pants I have two blue Gem sockets, so I calculated that the bonus would have to be a whopping 224 Intellect to beat the extra stats from the pure Gems (based on my personal stat weights)

Red Gem slotted items are trickier since you're also loosing Intellect from the Gems, but depending on the socket bonus it may be worth it.
    Last edited by Xandy; 2013-10-21 at 09:12 PM.

Depends on your socket bonus if socket bonus + stam/mast gem vs 320 mast gem is better. You can sim it or do the mental math IF you trust the scale factors. I'd just edit the gear/gemming in the setup "simulate" tab on simcraft and rerun things.