Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I also raid in 10M group and while the loot RNG does suck, I dont think rng should be removed but rather they need to change things back to the way they were before this xpac/ToT. They made too many changes to the way the loot system works which has compounded the situation.

1. Warforged/Thunderforged loot, just get rid of it.
    2. Why do we need 20+ pieces of loot from every boss, usually at least 10 of them are complete shit no one would use. Bosses used to have about ~14 pieces of loot on their loot table which made it so rng was not so bad for 10 man.
    3. Tier bosses last xpac in 10M dropped 2 normal pieces of loot + the tier piece (i know this was the case in firelands, don't remember if it was changed in dragon soul or when this xpac hit).

If 2 of these 3 things are fixed, I think the rng would be much more bearable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selesnya View Post
    I would be grateful if they just let tier bosses drop two items and the token on top. This tier is ridiculous with healer trinkets, all healer trinkets drop from tier bosses: Sha and Siegecrafter for BiS and the other two worse trinkets drop on tier dropping bosses too. In ToT, two of the int BiS trinkets dropped on Council and DA.

Let's not even talk about cloaks when a large majority of players has the legendary cloak. We had a warforged heroic cloak drop on our Immerseus first kill, awesome. On our second kill, Norushen, someone coined another heroic cloak. Getting a cloak as boss loot is just awful in 10-man.

i would love to see something like that. teir bosses dropping 2 pieces of gear+ token would smooth things out so well on bosses that would have multiple drops that are useful to you.

im looking at you sha of pride
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

They caused this by removing Valor gear.

Old: Didn't get any loot this week because of RNG? Well, I'm closer to a valor piece.
    New: Didn't get any loot this week because of RNG? No point in playing my character anymore this week, I'm valor capped.

I do have a question, for the coin rolls. Are they still buffed per say if you just keep getting gold over and over? I've gone on since 5.4 launch with just receiving gold for each coin roll with maybe winning 1 or 2 items, Toxic Totem. RNG is RNG, but for some reason this patch seems to be a bit more brutal in terms of coin rolls rewarding gear, at least for me personally. Starting heroics this week and i'm still down at 548ilvl while the rest of my group is at 554 to 561 makes me a bit sad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jitzu View Post
    Also keep in mind we have 3-5 casters in every raid depending on signs, and EVERY caster have coined on all their Immerseus kills some have coined for Shamans some for Garrosh.

Hooray for 10m loot =)
    Bliz designs 10 man content around the assumption of a balanced raid, if you feel the need to circumvent this by stacking classes then you fully deserve the above. I have no sympathy with 10 man set ups as unbalanced as yours if I ran a 25man raid with 15 casters we would also probably struggle with trinkets! as it is we sharded the totem from Shamans this week due to everyone who needed already owning it.

Deleted
    "From a design standpoint, it’s perfectly ok for loot not always being desirable. Rarity is exciting."
    "There are downsides to having all the gear you want."
    In other words: "We want you to keep playing this game and paying us money for as long as possible".

Let's be fair. Certain classes need items more than other classes.

DW melee need melee weapons more than a mage needs a staff...I recently argued with our mage over the fact a MH weapon for my Shaman was more an upgrade over him getting a new "stat stick"

I have 3 drops in all SOO...Protectors, Jug, Klax.
    I get three coins a week
    I've rolled on all three every week...
    I've sold the gloves off Protectors every week...literally. I've sold 6 pair (well 5 as I kept the one Warforged one)
    Gold off Jug, and I now have tokens for all 3 specs from Klax

The rolls needs to be weighted.

various loot = x
    vital loot = 2x

so if I do get loot, I now have a 2 in 3 chance of it being that vital loot as opposed to the various.

As for the cloaks...all cloaks should be trash drops this tier...none from bosses.

In 10m a cloak off a boss you'd been struggling on is a slap in the face.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    They caused this by removing Valor gear.

Old: Didn't get any loot this week because of RNG? Well, I'm closer to a valor piece.
    New: Didn't get any loot this week because of RNG? No point in playing my character anymore this week, I'm valor capped.
    QFT

This is what valor gear use to be.

I now have a shaman with nearly 3k valor with nothing to upgrade....but boy would I love to drop say 2500 valor on an Axe...hell make it a 548 axe and I'd still do it.

I just can't be expected to keep playing the game if I have to kill the same 14 bosses 3 times each week and not get a vital upgrade (READ: melee weapon)

Meanwhile our Monk Tank keeps getting Agility weapons on rolls and can't trade them to the raid...you know, to benefit the team.