Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Since it hasn't been mentioned yet, and I still find it enjoyable, Neverwinter Nights 2 (not he MMO) can allow for a death knight style character. Being D&D, there are plenty of options to make some very interesting characters. This is, of course, assuming that you don't mind playing an older game, and/or don't mind playing a game using the D&D 3.5 ruleset.

From an action RPG standpoint, Titan Quest allowed for a Warfare/Spirit (Spellbreaker) or Defense/Spirit (Spellbinder), both of which could fit the death knight themes quite well (life steal, debuff, summons, etc). It's too early to tell, but Grim Dawn (still in alpha) may allow for a death knight style character, but it would be using more Occult-like abilities (so similar, but different). Path of Exile could allow for such a build as well, though I'm not sure how well it would play in the late game, as I've never tried building a death knight style character. You can get life steal, summons, and some curses, probably use a Templar, go with armor/energy shield, and maybe grab Queen's Decree (unique 2H sword meant for summoners).

Rift, EQ2 and AoC are all good games, from different point of views. Rift is most similar to WoW:BC, and has some solid group content. EQ2 is huge and packed with content, but can be difficult to get going as a new player. AoC has different combat mechanics (especially for melee), and is the least polished, but Funcom makes the best dungeons in the industry, IMO.

Thanks for all the replies. If I pick up a mmorpg I would like to be able to play one that doesn't require hours upon hours of gameplay just to do anything or keep up with others. I'm not sure if WoW is that way anymore but I remember that it use to be. Just something that I can log in a few hours a week and enjoy. In terms of total gametime maybe at most 8 to 10 hours a week.

Of the 3 MMOs listed then, I would go with Rift. There is one thing that Rift has above the other games, and that is their "Public Quest" thing (forget the actual name). You queue up, and then just run around the zones completing objectives, then fighting a boss at the end of the chain. There isn't any story, just boom boom boom boss loot. Then you queue up for the next one. Once you get "of level", then you start queuing up for dungeons while you run the chains. Dungeons should augment the slight lack of loot due to not running the standard quests.

EQ2 will take much more time to get where you need to be, unless you opt to buy a high level character. AoC has offline leveling, to a point, but I don't recall anything beyond that, but it's been a while since I have played.

Final fantasy tactics war of the lions have a death knight job.

Overlord, summon minions
    should be cheap to pick up as its pretty old already.

Deleted
    Dark Souls has a Knight-class.

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    I think as far as mmorpgs go what Lemposs said and the Reaver soul in rift for warrior class, is pretty dot focused tanking.

As far as melee focused dot with some 'bam hit you' abilities, probably nightblade for the rogue spec or for warrior riftblade. Not sure other than that.
    My main in WoW is a DK, my main in Rift is a Nightblade/Riftstalker rogue, and I have a warrior as well. Having played all of the specs you mentioned heavily, Reaver is very DKish...Riftblade to me feels a lot more Enhance shaman than anything DK related, and Nightblade is well, like a rogue, but with elemental damage and a 20 yard reach. Still very bursty, open from stealth, put up debuffs that increase your damage temporarily, etc.