Thread: Oqueue add on.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I doubt oQueue's architecture using cross-server friends is long for this world anyway, since you get spammed constantly in diablo3 and hearthstone and whatnot unless you "go dark" before quitting WoW, and it renders the friends list nearly unusable.
    I -think- that the author could address this issue to some extent if he felt like it, but I don't know if he would do that, even for Blizzard.

For example, you could delay the logout/shutdown commands slightly using a hook and then let the system 'go dark' before finishing logout/shutdown. Another example: use the existing API to check that the user is in the right game before you send them a message.

But still, the author isn't the one to blame fully for the post-shutdown OQ spam - Blizzard bears a lot of that themselves since they didn't and haven't allowed those commands to be fired during logout. They should provide API access to versions of those functions that do not require a client acknowledgement, so that the author wouldn't have to use wonky methods to reduce spam for Battle.net, which isn't his concern anyway.

Still, I agree with you though, and I'm pretty sure oQueue will lead to strict limiting of this stuff in the future once Blizzard sees the detrimental effects it has cross-game. It's pretty much just a matter of time.

Edit in response to above: Cool, glad to hear it.
    Last edited by Simca; 2013-10-24 at 11:10 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    This is somewhat amusing... people whining about quality in a raid mode designed to be lower difficulty for use as a teaching tool, but are unwilling to put any time into helping others, yet whining about how quality decreases. Maybe if you would help these people out or point them in the right direction (e.g. link them to Icy Veins) instead of setting ridiculously high requirements to keep the very players the mode was designed for out of that mode.
    It's not so much unwilling, it's unable. With the old 5-man pug, it was one thing to offer advice or even help the occasional guy out with gems and enchants while you're waiting for a healer or whatever. You can't do that with 25-mans, especially cross-realm. And it really, really shouldn't be happening on wing 3 of SoO, LFR or not. With the tank no less. In my opinion it comes down to sloppy, unorganized game design. Besides, it's not about keeping players out period; it's about making sure they're prepared before they even step inside, something which used to be done by PUG groups and leaders but isn't viable with the LF system.

I like it, I just wish it was easier to avoid some of the chat spam, especially when I have it disabled. Would prefer if it would not alter my bnet broadcast.

Quote Originally Posted by tinystomper View Post
    this has already been addressed with an api revelation. v1.6.1 works fine and does not send messages to other game clients, as the new call gives some control that wasn't there without it.

v.1.6.2 will be released shortly once i have a site up that can manage the load.
    Cool! Was very annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    For example, you could delay the logout/shutdown commands slightly using a hook and then let the system 'go dark' before finishing logout/shutdown. Another example: use the existing API to check that the user is in the right game before you send them a message.
    that is already being done and works properly. the poster you're responding to means having hearthstone and wow open at the same time. this has also been dealt with, though not released yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Still, I agree with you though, and I'm pretty sure oQueue will lead to strict limiting of this stuff in the future once Blizzard sees the detrimental effects it has cross-game. It's pretty much just a matter of time.
    any 'detrimental effects' regarding bandwidth are a nonissue and easily resolved, though blizz would have to make a few adjustments. the reward players receive for the minor amount of time put in on their side, easily justifies it.

as for any 'spam' issues, the proper solution would be realized by implementing bandwidth adjustments (which would be a dependency driven, x-realm table)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CroberTV View Post
    I like it, I just wish it was easier to avoid some of the chat spam, especially when I have it disabled. Would prefer if it would not alter my bnet broadcast.
    what 'spam'? if you mean the premades being shown in your chat, you can turn them off or tweak the filter so it only shows what you're interested in.

tweak the filters on the find premade tab... and turn them off on the setup tab (uncheck 'announce premades').

as for your bnet, that's unavoidable at this time. it's the least intrusive way to let people on other realms know you are part of the mesh.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i got this but after runing into 3 groups which had average dps of 100-120k on siegecrafter i guess im gonna stick to premade openraid groups with armoury checks etc - hearing same from other friends in guild who try it out - its good for flex p1 and 2 but for 3-4 there is a ton of failed groups and maybe a few succesful ones.

the more people hear about oque the more it decay with time, which sadly can be said about openraid too to some extent with the more people know about it the more weak players are coming htere, and im geniuinly afraid in few weeks/months openraid flex experience will be3 less and less pleasant too the more geared people mains and main alts are.
    +1,openraid os so much better...i used the addon for one or two hours,never again

Love the addon and its functionality. Great to form Flex groups, or achievement runs, world bosses, etc. Some groups will fail however, and it's been happening a lot lately (more people getting the addon? bleh).

Everything is always justified... That's never a good sign. For anything.