Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Before Titan went into turn around it would have been out next year. WoW might have lost half its subscribers, but it could still milk out another expansion or two, allowing Blizzard a good window to put something new out before switching back to WoW.

But then they fucked that up, so who knows.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Because forum posters have never claimed that blizz would lie before since that would make their argument for anything look better. But they have, so many times that if I had a nickel for each time Blizzard is lying about something I'd have a few dollars. That's a lot of nickels.

Sure you can say they might be lying. But really, you can say that about anything. I could say player models are not happening because they lied, but that has no proof. There is no logical reason to say Blizzard is lying unless you've got some solid proof that they are lying then we stick to logical conclusions.

I see most of you completely missed the point of my post . If you were one such person see below.

My point was that people were acting as if everything blizz said is 100% true and fact, and that if they stated it then without a shadow of a doubt that would be what happens.

I was simply making a point that that was not true because blizz has TIME and TIME again over the years claimed something was or was not going to happen then turned around and did it. They have lied many many times in the past. NEVER ONCE was I trying to claim that this instance what a lie. Just simply pointing out they that had done so in the past.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2013-10-20 at 04:35 PM.

cuze titan is diffrent itnellekeetool propertys

Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    Hi

With Titan now being YEARS away (but still the next big project), I am wondering why they just don't swap/scrap Titan with WoW 2?

This isn't about WoW dying, its a matter of it being an aging game and WoW being the biggest name of MMO history. If we're talking 2015, 2016, etc just for Titan, what does that tell us about WoW 2?

Just for comparisons sake:

Everquest 1 came out in 1999
    Everquest 2 came out in 2004

Guild Wars 1 came out in 2005
    GUild Wars 2 came out in 2012

If Titan is the next big thing, then that will mean WoW 2 can easily be 5+ years away.

World of Warcraft came out in 2004
    World of Warcraft 2 came out in [2018?]

A game such a WoW 2 would certainly take years to make. If Titan was released in an optimistic early 2016, that can mean we may not have a WoW 2 until 2020 potentially.

I hope Blizzard just skips Titan and makes a World of Warcraft 2. That would certainly shake things up at a [future] Blizzcon!
    Titan was rumored to be an MMOFPS. Now we know Bungie's Destiny took that MMOFPS slot in Activision/Blizzard. Soon after announcement of Destiny, Halo-like MMOFPS, Titan was canceled. The company will not have 2 similar games compete within the MMOFPS genre. Bungie beat Blizzard to it. Blizzard Titan team was screwed over and now they have to restart with a different genre in mind.

Now that Titan is shelved, Titan team *might* be making WoW2.0. They cannot make an MMOFPS anymore, what other MMO game can they make? Starcraft MMO? Diablo MMO? I think it will be WoW2.0 because WoW has been in decline and will probably die within 5 years. They need a new MMORPG to keep their market share in the genre.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehhh.... I think I'd honestly rather have a new amazing Blizz MMO IP than WoW 2

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why no WOW 2? Because I have no interest in abandoning my 12 lvl 80+ toons to start over again. I have not played in 3 years but if I go back to WOW's universe I want my toons back.

If you're going to ruin your best money making game by releasing something in the same genre that will compete with it, you want that new thing to be different in such a way as to attract more people than the original had. As an example think of all the people who hate World of Warcraft, not just the people who have stopped playing but also anyone who has stigma with it just because of the name World of Warcraft. If you go and make a World of Warcraft 2 you will be cutting out potential income from the name alone as anyone with a bad experience with the game will not be interested, creating something completely new that is bigger, better and can entice a larger more broad crowd will make you more money.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Titan =/= Wow

That was before Titan team was forced to reset. They were making an MMOFPS, but now Activision put their support behind Bungie's Destiny instead, Titan may re-emerge as a different game. WoW2.0 is possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dejec1989 View Post
    If you're going to ruin your best money making game by releasing something in the same genre that will compete with it, you want that new thing to be different in such a way as to attract more people than the original had. As an example think of all the people who hate World of Warcraft, not just the people who have stopped playing but also anyone who has stigma with it just because of the name World of Warcraft. If you go and make a World of Warcraft 2 you will be cutting out potential income from the name alone as anyone with a bad experience with the game will not be interested, creating something completely new that is bigger, better and can entice a larger more broad crowd will make you more money.
    WoW2.0 will not compete with WoW because by the time they finish WoW2.0, WoW will have dismal sub numbers. The decline in subs seems unstoppable and I expect the trend to continue. At the end of the product cycle, Blizzard will release WoW2.0 and hope for the best to repeat WoW's success.

There's no reason to make WoW 2 when they can just add expansions to WoW

Quote Originally Posted by gee View Post
    That was before Titan team was forced to reset. They were making an MMOFPS
    Not true. You are confusing facts with internet rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by gee View Post
    WoW2.0 will not compete with WoW because by the time they finish WoW2.0, WoW will have dismal sub numbers. The decline in subs seems unstoppable and I expect the trend to continue. At the end of the product cycle, Blizzard will release WoW2.0 and hope for the best to repeat WoW's success.
    My point is still valid, even if it was only one subscriber left in World of Warcraft, if they had to give up everything they had done in WoW1 and start playing WoW2 because it carries the story forward they would not want to pay for both games and Blizzard would lose out on money from one of those games, a new IP would potentially make that player want to play and pay for both because they are so different.

Possibly someone can quote me on this a number of years down the road, but I bet Titan will never actually wind up coming out.

I just think a new MMO in this market, especially a paid one, is a bit too risky, doubley so with a new IP, and is doomed to only middling success. It's also a bad sign that it's development had to be "reset". I just don't think the MMO genre is ever going to be successful again to the degree WoW was/is. It's essentially a magical fluke in the entire genre, that was a storm of appealing to an audience that never should of been playing MMOs to begin with, and offering a type of gameplay that not many other game types provided (That whole carrot on a stick thing, which many other genres offer now, with no fee, without the MMO baggage.)

Deleted
    Isn't world of warcraft a bit exhausted by now? Why would we want a sequel?

I didn't bother reading this thread because this stupid topic pops up far too often. WoW 2 will not happen. Blizzard has said it will not happen. They even got annoyed with the amount of questions about WoW 2 and started sarcastically asking why the hell anyone would give up 10 years of playing WoW and leave their characters behind for the SAME EXACT GAME. Nothing can be done in a "WoW 2" that can't be done in a WoW expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by zykaz View Post
    inb4

World of Warcraft 2: Titan
    This, a world of titans.. back before everything.. kinda like SWTOR did

Didn't they say at multiple times that there's nothing they would put into a WoW 2 that couldn't just go into an expansion? Also it's a bad idea to make the entire playerbase start again.

Quote Originally Posted by dejec1989 View Post
    My point is still valid, even if it was only one subscriber left in World of Warcraft, if they had to give up everything they had done in WoW1 and start playing WoW2 because it carries the story forward they would not want to pay for both games and Blizzard would lose out on money from one of those games, a new IP would potentially make that player want to play and pay for both because they are so different.
    Academically yes, 1 subscriber lost. I agree all WoW subs will move to WoW2.0, probably and no one would pay both and Blizzard would shut down old servers.

However, please consider that WoW2.0 has the potential to bring millions of new players to the franchise. The benefit of having several millions of players subscribe would outweigh the loss from moving old WoW subscribers to WoW2.0.

If they do not make WoW2.0 and they let WoW die a slow death it will be worse. That's what Kodak did with cameras. They did not make digital cameras until too late to not cannibalize their film-based cameras. Now they are bankrupt. Or Sony did not make a digital replacement to Walkman and Apple swooped in with iPod and got the market. Cannibalization is bad if you cannibalize into a star (high growth, high profit) or a cash cow (mature market, high profit). If you cannibalize a dying product with a novel product, that is innovation and will only increase market share.

By the time WoW2.0 comes out, WoW probably will have a million or fewer customers. It will be good for Blizzard to regain players with a WoW2.0.

Funny. Wow has sci-fi, near future, historical elements in it as well. HMM!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narna View Post
    Maybe Titan turns out to be WoW 2.

Just because they say it's a new IP, and has nothing to do with anything they are doing now, it could just be WoW 2?
    This

Especially since blizz recently scrapped titan and sent the majority of the team over to wow. We know theyre redoing it. So what ever they said earlier about it not being a wow 2 is now invalid. I wouldnt be surpised if titan is a prequal to wow, where you play as one of the original titans before the fall of sargares. Or you play as a plethora of other races and the titans or blizzard gives you the option to transfer all you post 100 characters to titan where it will be upgraded into a titanic demigod version of your character, who knows.