Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by john duo View Post
    from a strict business point of view:
    - warcraft is one of the best selling franchises of blizzard - killing it with another MMO under the same house with a different theme is a suicidal business
    move unless there is an obvious pay off which can only come with a new title of a track record franchise.
    First you say this. Then you say

but the smart money say : it can only be Titan:wow2 which will nicly put to rest the obselete wow and trasfer nicly all the subs to wow2 and
    even bring in all the past players who quit due to old models and grafix but never stopped loving the franchise.
    Now, these two statements go in the opposite ends of one another. How would it transfer any subs from wow to wow2? If we lose all of our progress, why go there? Why not just stay with wow if it means we get to keep all of our stuff? What would be the appeal of going to a wow2? Smart money is them updating the graphics. Like with what they did for some of the MoP things. Dumb money would be like you first said. Making another MMO under the same house (wow2) but a different theme. They would only end up killing both. If someone quit WoW, they wont go to WoW 2. If it was the graphics, maybe. However, for the majority, what is the appeal to return to WoW 2? Better graphics that can be obtained in WoW but is chosen not to? Different gameplay? What would be their way of getting WoW players to go to WoW 2 if they lost all their progress? Nothing, that's what. The first quote is right, they would be killing it. The second quote is just plain wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    How would it transfer any subs from wow to wow2? If we lose all of our progress, why go there?.
    And what if WoW is going F2P when WoW 2 is released, so that you can keep all your "hard earned" progress for free?

Quote Originally Posted by Sixpac View Post
    And what if WoW is going F2P when WoW 2 is released, so that you can keep all your "hard earned" progress for free?
    Then stay playing WoW? Still not going to WoW 2. Same universe, same classes, pretty much the same everything. No reason to pay for that one when I can play the original and keep all my stuff for free. If they shut down that, then I would just quit.

Deleted
    Then stay playing WoW? Still not going to WoW 2. Same universe, same classes, pretty much the same everything. No reason to pay for that one when I can play the original and keep all my stuff for free. If they shut down that, then I would just quit.
    I own a lot things in WoW, but if WoW 2 is going to look amazing (and I bet it will), I'll jump ship. I did it in Diablo 1/2/3, and WoW will be no exception.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SimoKJ View Post
    As far as I know, theirs no concrete evidence to what Titan is, so it could very well be WoW2.
    It's not concrete evidence or even anything confirmed, but speculation as far as this goes:
    http://titanfocus.info
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

I own a lot things in WoW, but if WoW 2 is going to look amazing (and I bet it will), I'll jump ship. I did it in Diablo 1/2/3, and WoW will be no exception.
    I own 137mounts, 487pets(unique), 8level 90's, 7other toons at level 85+,14 almost 15k achievement points, an unobtainable title, multiple transmog gear that took me forever to farm, several rare mounts in that list, tons of gold (by my standard), and all the time ive invested into it. I cannot agree that I would jump ship. It can hardly be compared to Diablo or any other RPG game. You must not have a lot in wow like I do. Or you are already close to quitting and dont care. Either way, most people like me who are not already considering quitting would not just willingly give up everything.

Deleted
    Either way, most people like me who are not already considering quitting would not just willingly give up everything.
    I'd say you are just speculating here.

As long as Titan is a Blizzard MMO, I'll be happy. Whatever world it would be set in is of no concern to me.

After my personal experience trying just about every MMO that's come out on the side from other companies since I started playing WoW, Blizzard is the only one who comes close to the quality I'm looking for in an MMO... I've pretty much settled myself to stay where I am until Blizzard releases another. Which I would hope is soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    As long as Titan is a Blizzard MMO, I'll be happy. Whatever world it would be set in is of no concern to me.

After my personal experience trying just about every MMO that's come out on the side from other companies since I started playing WoW, Blizzard is the only one who comes close to the quality I'm looking for in an MMO... I've pretty much settled myself to stay where I am until Blizzard releases another. Which I would hope is soon.
    You know, when it comes to video games Blizzard does it right but it's not infailable, just look at D3.

I own 137mounts, 487pets(unique), 8level 90's, 7other toons at level 85+,14 almost 15k achievement points, an unobtainable title, multiple transmog gear that took me forever to farm, several rare mounts in that list, tons of gold (by my standard), and all the time ive invested into it. I cannot agree that I would jump ship. It can hardly be compared to Diablo or any other RPG game. You must not have a lot in wow like I do. Or you are already close to quitting and dont care. Either way, most people like me who are not already considering quitting would not just willingly give up everything.
    Look, it's okay to be in denial. Big data from marketing and consumer markets tell a whole different tale. Whenever a successor to a product is released, contains the right innovations and has killer marketing, the predecessor dies off or is discontinued. This is how business works. I get it you want to keep your mounts and therefor think that very few would jump ship, but in reality most will and WoW2 would also gain something WoW hasn't done in years, new subscribers. By the bucketload. WoW is a titanic IP, it has popcultural references everywhere, it's a phenomena and probably the worlds biggest gaming franchise.

Right now, I am pretty damn sure Blizzard CEO's are in a state of crisis as the sub number for WoW keeps dwindling and revenues goes down. They have to do something and it should have been done last year. Blizzard can't afford to wait and they will most likely let you transfer a good few of the items/titles previous subscribers to WoW has collected through the years as it doesn't give any game advantages to those players if they did. But what you need to understand, this is a business, you are the customer and they have lost waaaay too many of us already. MoP has been for them what symbian was to Nokia, a complete disaster financially. I'm sorry to boldly state this but numbers don't lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    You know, when it comes to video games Blizzard does it right but it's not infailable, just look at D3.
    Agreed. It's not perfect, but comparatively speaking, for what I'm looking for in a game, they're the very best at what they do.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why on earth would you need a WoW 2 if WoW itself is pretty successful and can still manage over 7m subs? I think EQ2 and GW2 was made in order to bring in more subs so if WoW didn't have much of subs then I think they would've made a "WoW 2". Besides, the expansion system is pretty great to add more to the game

There won't be a World of Warcraft 2. They'll simply continue to update the game, the engine, the mechanics and the cycle so that eventually what was formally World of Warcraft takes on the mantle as World of Warcraft 2.

Lets look purely at what the game was like eight years ago, and where it is today. Some of the older content has been updated (Scarlet Monastery, Old Zones (Cataclysm), Zul'aman & Zul'gurub and many more) and it'll likely continue in that manner.

I personally hate shifting games when they're in the same genre. I hate feeling like the work I've put into my World of Warcraft character is pointless, because in ~6 years we'll all be shifting over to World of Warcraft 2 anyway.

Deleted
    With the cancellation of Titan and the immense efforts they now put into Reaper of Souls to get Diablo 3 on track, plus the release of Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm, the new direction of Blizzard is obvioulsy very clear: Release more games and push them to the limit, and don't sacrifice everything to WoW anymore. WoW's best days are over, and while over 7 mio. subs is still a huge number, it is better to embrace the inhouse competition of D3 RoS, Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm now. WoW subs will stay on the decline, and the other products will absorb the shock in the long run.

With the cancellation of Titan and the immense efforts they now put into Reaper of Souls to get Diablo 3 on track, plus the release of Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm, the new direction of Blizzard is obvioulsy very clear: Release more games and push them to the limit, and don't sacrifice everything to WoW anymore. WoW's best days are over, and while over 7 mio. subs is still a huge number, it is better to embrace the inhouse competition of D3 RoS, Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm now. WoW subs will stay on the decline, and the other products will absorb the shock in the long run.
    I'm probably slow here, but I didn't hear anything about a cancellation. Can you post a source? Thanks.

Because WoW2 doesn;t make any sense

Almost everything you would want in WoW2 is possible in current WoW IF not for the developers who choose to also cater to people with minimum specced computers.
    Given the upgrades the engine has had during WoW, we are actually already playing WoW 1.5 or WoW2. You jsut don't see it because the game needs to be able to run on old computers. If they ever do a WoW 2 it will still allow old computers to run it so it won't have UBER gfx etc.

(I believe) Titan is to be able to do new things not done before in an MMO without invading on WoW players territory. It aims to be next to WoW isntead of usurp WoW (Why replace one source of income with another, when you can have both at the same time?).
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Deleted
    I'm probably slow here, but I didn't hear anything about a cancellation. Can you post a source? Thanks.
    Well, a quasi cancellation or "reset", as they call it.

People read what they want to read, and have little understanding about development cycles.

Titan was scrapped at the form it had taken, and the team was cut back to give a smaller team more time to develop a more enjoyable theme that they wanted to develop. It happens all the time and there is no reason to believe Titan has been cancelled.

Redeveloping a product in a new direction =/= Cancelling the project

Well, a quasi cancellation or "reset", as they call it.
    I'm still interested to read on this if you have a link handy. If not I can just Google around a bit. Much thanks either way.

because blizz knows wow2 would never be a huge hit vs wow. the #1 thing about wow is accessibility, the shitty graphics that 10 year old dells can run, the easy 1-90 leveling, the instant 'raid geared' isle, etc

accessibility, constantly rewarding players, is why it ever had so many players. they see TESO and know that they're not going to compete with it. it will hit 10,000,000 with the release on consoles and PC (skyrim sold 14,000,000, 87% of that was console sales) and is guaranteed to at least appear to be the MMO king by next year. all this stuff wow has said thanks to subs is going to go for TESO too. and yes, it looks great but runs as well on an average system as wow does, ESPECIALLY in group pvp. wow with 100 people on screen isn't playable, TESO had 1 event to alpha test their mass-battle tech and it was insane how smooth and lag-free it was and i can't imagine it won't be better out of an alpha stage

TESO has done a great job with their engine so far, SWTOR screwed that up, gw2 went crazy with sparklies and the gy zerg tactic for everything, and rift is happy being where it is, quietly creating a monster of a hit that people will trickle into for years to come

wow 2 would have to convince wow players that it's worth starting over, it would leave MILLIONS behind who simply couldn't run it, and it cost a lot of money to do about the same thing

it just wouldn't work