Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    I quit EQ to play EQ2
    I quit EQ2 to play Runescape
    I quit Runescape to play WoW
    I quit WoW to... browse the internet

Never did I whine like some of you are about losing my stuff.. its there if I want it, I chose not to play it... Is it THAT hard of a concept to understand? People quit games REGARDLESS of the commitment into their characters.. Not all people, you're special.. But most people quit video games believe it or not.

oh god my diablo II stuff is rotting away if I buy diablo III...
    Again with the trying to compare a RPG game to an MMO? Obviously you don't have nearly the investment that most players of WoW do. You quit EQ2 to go to a different MMO. Then that MMO to go to WoW. Then you Quit WoW. It is vastly different when you quit, then when you are being forced to quit because they are making a game with the same name, same theme, same everything pretty much, but you lose everything you already did.

Its not hard to believe people quit. However, its obviously hard for you to understand why people would be mad in a situation where they still had no intentions of quitting.

Deleted
    Can someone tell me what they mean by new IP?

Deleted
    Snip
    But why the fuck would you want to PAY to wipe your characters to play EXACTLY the same game again?
    Just make a new character it does exactly that.

Deleted
    Because wow2 would still be wow, same shit with a different coat of paint. I want something different for a change, although that change is light years away.

Quote Originally Posted by Chlorr View Post
    a new unique game, not a sequel or expansion.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chlorr View Post
    New intellectual property, something that hasn't been done before. Completely new characters, worlds and lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Again with the trying to compare a RPG game to an MMO? Obviously you don't have nearly the investment that most players of WoW do. You quit EQ2 to go to a different MMO. Then that MMO to go to WoW. Then you Quit WoW. It is vastly different when you quit, then when you are being forced to quit because they are making a game with the same name, same theme, same everything pretty much, but you lose everything you already did.

Its not hard to believe people quit. However, its obviously hard for you to understand why people would be mad in a situation where they still had no intentions of quitting.
    Nobody is making you quit anything? WoW 1 would still be there for you to smack mobs for 103,212,313 damage on a 15 year old game while I have moved on.

At this point Titan could be WoW 2. I mean before i think it was for sure not going to be but since they really scrapped it and went back to the drawing board maybe it could be at this point. But if not maybe blizzard feels a new "world" gives them freedom for a new story not chained down by Warcraft-WoW. I would like there to be a WoW 2 at some point maybe say four years after WoW ends we get Warcraft 4 then a year or two after a expansion or two then a few after maybe 10 years after the end of WoW we get WoW 2. Gives a nice break from it and allows the RTS to build up new storylines and what not for a return to the MMO world.

Nobody is making you quit anything? WoW 1 would still be there for you to smack mobs for 103,212,313 damage on a 15 year old game while I have moved on.
    They wont continue to support WoW and WoW 2. Why would they do that? That would cost a ton of money. If they want to get people to migrate to WoW 2, they won't keep WoW 1 Running. It would cost a ton of money to try to keep two games that are essentially the same thing running at the same time. They want the game to evolve, and not stay in the past. If they were ever dumb enough to do a WoW 2, it would be the next step in WoWs growth. Thus they wouldn't even want to keep WoW around.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensui06 View Post
    I would like there to be a WoW 2 at some point maybe say four years after WoW ends we get Warcraft 4 then a year or two after a expansion or two then a few after maybe 10 years after the end of WoW we get WoW 2. Gives a nice break from it and allows the RTS to build up new storylines and what not for a return to the MMO world.
    WoW won't end for literally decades.. it is a historic part of gaming, it was and still kinda is the monopoly of MMOs. Even if and when it is down to 50,000 players it will not end. Guaranteed. EQ is 1/30th the size of WoW and it is going strong with dozens of employees. It's history, it won't end unless there is some type of major issue like bankrupcy or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    They wont continue to support WoW and WoW 2. Why would they do that? That would cost a ton of money. If they want to get people to migrate to WoW 2, they won't keep WoW 1 Running.
    Ok im done with you... What part of history tells you this? What part of WoW 2 not coming out for 5+ YEARS FROM NOW, when the WoW playerbase is a TINY portion of MMO playerbase don't you understand?

gnight
    Last edited by Trakanonn; 2013-10-20 at 08:32 AM.

Deleted
    WoW won't end for literally decades.. it is a historic part of gaming, it was and still kinda is the monopoly of MMOs. Even if and when it is down to 50,000 players it will not end. Guaranteed. EQ is 1/30th the size of WoW and it is going strong with dozens of employees. It's history, it won't end unless there is some type of major issue like bankrupcy or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok im done with you...
    So you are admitting that WoW has MONOPOLY in the niche it's currently filling then? That means there are not many more players to be "harvested" in this specific niche. Everyone who is interested in what WoW offers are already playing WoW. So, from where exactly are the new players that will play wow2 taken from? Remember, everyone who is interested in this IP are already playing it. Yep, they will be taken straight from WoW's playerbase. So lets assume that WoW has 10 million subscribers and 5 million of them move on to WoW2. Since it's essentially the same game there is no reason for players to pay 2 subscription fees for two games that are essentially the same.

From a business point of view; What exactly has this achieved other than additional costs for blizzard?
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2013-10-20 at 08:39 AM.

Look, to all people claiming WOW ip is exhausted. Look at call of duty and a numerous other shooters, fifa, nhl etc. what do these games have in common? What happened to Nokia when they decided not to make the shift over to Android? For gods sake, study some marketing or economics and you'll see that whatever you are assuming, you are wrong. Objectively speaking, MoP is the biggest industry failure since Nokia lost 38% of their customers shortly after the release of iPhone and various Android phones. Don't say it can't compare, cause it can due to one simple fact: This is not about anything else than revenues. Do you think a company that has made x million dollars every month for 8 years will pasively sit and watch as their main cash cow dies a slow death, risking everything they've got on a new unproven IP? Think again. Don't be ignorant, see the world through the consumers eyes and not the fanbois eyes, the fanboi will always end up on the losing side. Blizz won't.

Ok im done with you... What part of history tells you this? What part of WoW 2 not coming out for 5+ YEARS FROM NOW, when the WoW playerbase is a TINY portion of MMO playerbase don't you understand?

gnight
    Look at mister expert over here. Thinks he knows all. You cannot guarantee that the player base will grow too small. Second, they have at least two more expansions planned. On the same question, what makes you think they will keep running WoW if they release a WoW 2? Another question is why would the players who quit WoW go to WoW 2? What would draw them there? The same title and universe they already quit? Why would they, as quitters of WoW, want to go right back to it, but with the added bonus of not being able to keep the things they had gotten already before quitting in the first place? There literally would be no new appeal for anyone whos quit WoW to go to WoW 2 because they obviously didn't like WoW in the first place. There wouldn't be any appeal to anyone playing WoW because they would just end up pretty much as a brand new account. Losing everything they had.

So tell me, What would be the appeal? Who would WoW 2 be trying to get? They won't invest too much money into WoW 2 if everyone who is currently interested in WoW will continue to play WoW instead of going to new WoW and lose all of their progress. Tell me, who is the target Audience?
    Last edited by Zantos; 2013-10-20 at 08:44 AM.

if i remember correctly.. ''titan'' is just a placeholder name or is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaeu View Post
    if i remember correctly.. ''titan'' is just a placeholder name or is it?
    It is. No one knows anything about Titan.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope it's a different game because I don't want to give up everything that I earned in these past years just to start over from scratch.

Shit, man, the video game world is kinda fed up with wow right now. It would be a major fail by Blizzard to hit us with...WOW 2 - SAME SHIT, JUST BETTER GRAPHICS!

from a strict business point of view:

- WOW was and still is the best lasting and selling MMO out there.
    - warcraft is one of the best selling franchises of blizzard - killing it with another MMO under the same house with a different theme is a suicidal business
    move unless there is an obvious pay off which can only come with a new title of a track record franchise.
    - it would be a major risk to come up with a new complete theme of an MMO and hoping it would be better than wow's 12M subs at its peak.
    worst case is the new MMO flops and while blizz trying to pump life into it wow suffers from lack of attention and subs leave and the game dies.

so, either its wow2 or starcraft/diablo MMO (??) OR its a start of a complete new franchise MMO so drastically different from wow or any other MMO we know
    by other companies (maybe not even for a PC) that it wont hurt any warcraft fan and force them to jump ship or pay dual subs.

but the smart money say : it can only be Titan:wow2 which will nicly put to rest the obselete wow and trasfer nicly all the subs to wow2 and
    even bring in all the past players who quit due to old models and grafix but never stopped loving the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by john duo View Post
    from a strict business point of view:

- WOW was and still is the best lasting and selling MMO out there.
    - warcraft is one of the best selling franchises of blizzard - killing it with another MMO under the same house with a different theme is a suicidal business
    move unless there is an obvious pay off which can only come with a new title of a track record franchise.
    - it would be a major risk to come up with a new complete theme of an MMO and hoping it would be better than wow's 12M subs at its peak.
    worst case is the new MMO flops and while blizz trying to pump life into it wow suffers from lack of attention and subs leave and the game dies.

so, either its wow2 or starcraft/diablo MMO (??) OR its a start of a complete new franchise MMO so drastically different from wow or any other MMO we know
    by other companies (maybe not even for a PC) that it wont hurt any warcraft fan and force them to jump ship or pay dual subs.

but the smart money say : it can only be Titan:wow2 which will nicly put to rest the obselete wow and trasfer nicly all the subs to wow2 and
    even bring in all the past players who quit due to old models and grafix but never stopped loving the franchise.

Deleted
    Hi

With Titan now being YEARS away (but still the next big project), I am wondering why they just don't swap/scrap Titan with WoW 2?

This isn't about WoW dying, its a matter of it being an aging game and WoW being the biggest name of MMO history. If we're talking 2015, 2016, etc just for Titan, what does that tell us about WoW 2?

Just for comparisons sake:

Everquest 1 came out in 1999
    Everquest 2 came out in 2004

Guild Wars 1 came out in 2005
    GUild Wars 2 came out in 2012

If Titan is the next big thing, then that will mean WoW 2 can easily be 5+ years away.

World of Warcraft came out in 2004
    World of Warcraft 2 came out in [2018?]

A game such a WoW 2 would certainly take years to make. If Titan was released in an optimistic early 2016, that can mean we may not have a WoW 2 until 2020 potentially.

I hope Blizzard just skips Titan and makes a World of Warcraft 2. That would certainly shake things up at a [future] Blizzcon!
    Now that "Titan" has been basically "cancelled" (most likely because it was just boring mainstream), it isn't even sure anymore that it will be a brand-new IP. If I had to bet money, I'd say it will be a Nextgen WoW. "Cobbler, stick to your last!", as the saying goes.