Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    I don't care if Blizz makes WoW 2 or another game as long as its a MMORPG .Imo Blizzard lost plenty of subscribers due to the old graphics WoW has.While its true no mmorpg out there beats WoW in gameplay (pve/pvp/game fluency) i think the wow's graphics is a bit too old for our current days.
    The game was probably incredible when it first launched but that was 9 years ago.They made this graphics to support old computer engines but nowadays everyone should afford a decent pc (prices for 1 are cheap anyway).
    Hopefully "Project Titan" whatever game type that may be advances to current days graphics and leaves "cartoonish" style behind.# games in blizzards franchise are cartoonish style (Diablo.Warcraft RTS and WoW) imo its time they leave that behind.

I don't know what type of game Titan is but hopefully its an mmorpg genre.They have more people playing WoW than FPS/RTS/RPG games.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhelyo View Post
    I don't care if Blizz makes WoW 2 or another game as long as its a MMORPG .Imo Blizzard lost plenty of subscribers due to the old graphics WoW has.While its true no mmorpg out there beats WoW in gameplay (pve/pvp/game fluency) i think the wow's graphics is a bit too old for our current days.
    The game was probably incredible when it first launched but that was 9 years ago.They made this graphics to support old computer engines but nowadays everyone should afford a decent pc (prices for 1 are cheap anyway).
    Hopefully "Project Titan" whatever game type that may be advances to current days graphics and leaves "cartoonish" style behind.# games in blizzards franchise are cartoonish style (Diablo.Warcraft RTS and WoW) imo its time they leave that behind.

I don't know what type of game Titan is but hopefully its an mmorpg genre.They have more people playing WoW than FPS/RTS/RPG games.
    Agreed. I'll be terribly disappointed if it's anything but an MMO. Even if it's a different type of MMO, I'm game for something new and fresh, but I'm just not into single player or handful-of-player type match games.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    A good business person would know that when a project is causing your profits to drop continuously and it's old, you don't keep feeding it. You work on the replacement. Blizzard has the money to fund Titan. They brought it back to make sure that it's a success. Not to make sure WoW keeps being a success.
    Again, you are assuming Warcraft as a trademark has lost it's brand value. I will make an equally bold assumption and say: They are selling less Iphone 4's and it's profits are dropping. As good business persons, they should stop producing iPhones altogether.

Why would there be a Wow 2, when Wow is still going strong? that's just a silly notion?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    Again, you are assuming Warcraft as a trademark has lost it's brand value. I will make an equally bold assumption and say: They are selling less Iphone 4's and it's profits are dropping. As good business persons, they should stop producing iPhones altogether.
    No, Apple should produce the next product, which they did. I never said Warcraft lost it's value. You're misreading what I said. I simply said that when one product is losing profits, you work on the next thing. You don't keep trying to bring the old one back to what it used to be.

No, Apple should produce the next product, which they did. I never said Warcraft lost it's value. You're misreading what I said. I simply said that when one product is losing profits, you work on the next thing. You don't keep trying to bring the old one back to what it used to be.
    Not that I necessarily disagree with you, but let's put it in a FPS format... Which is (generally) better? New COD DLC? Or the next COD game? Generally speaking, people want the next game for a plethora of reasons, the main usually being graphics or new setting. (Of course a bad example of this would be Black Ops "replaced" with MW2? I may be wrong on the title there).

Deleted
    Probably because BLizzard will make Warcraft 4 after WoW so they prefer to make a new IP than WoW 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Not that I necessarily disagree with you, but let's put it in a FPS format... Which is (generally) better? New COD DLC? Or the next COD game? Generally speaking, people want the next game for a plethora of reasons, the main usually being graphics or new setting. (Of course a bad example of this would be Black Ops "replaced" with MW2? I may be wrong on the title there).
    That's what I'm saying. I'm saying you work on your next project rather than trying to feed your old one when sales drop. I'm not saying scrap WoW, I'm saying that the titan restart is due to wanting to produce a success with their next product, not because they want to bring WoW up to its 2008 numbers again.

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post

Your 300 mounts and 19k achievements mean nothing, you will be jumping ship like the rest of us in several years, or you will just quit altogether and have nothing to show for it.

Its pathetic to see such an unhealthy attachment to game points. Its better not to get attached to a virtual game in the first place, and that starts with not using your achievement points as a valid reason to play the game over the actual gameplay.
    Several years ?! I think you're greatly exagerating. Try several months, both wildstar and teso release in spring next year.

That's what I'm saying. I'm saying you work on your next project rather than trying to feed your old one when sales drop. I'm not saying scrap WoW, I'm saying that the titan restart is due to wanting to produce a success with their next product, not because they want to bring WoW up to its 2008 numbers again.
    Which I was saying all along. The only difference is the next thing should be their strongest brand. Which is *drumroll* Warcraft. Going for an unproven brand in Blizzards current situation would be more risky than any board member or CEO could ever approve. Strategy like that usually ends up with EA doing hostile takeovers.

Which I was saying all along. The only difference is the next thing should be their strongest brand. Which is *drumroll* Warcraft. Going for an unproven brand in Blizzards current situation would be more risky than any board member or CEO could ever approve. Strategy like that usually ends up with EA doing hostile takeovers.
    I'd be interested to see how they could do that, though, without just "remaking" WoW as it is now. What would the setting be? It couldn't really be Azeroth, otherwise we'd just be in the same thing but with better graphics.

I'm asking honestly, because I don't know the lore enough to be able to have a notion of how it would be done.

What would the setting be? What other aspects of the Warcraft universe could we delve into that would warrant a separate game?

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    I'd be interested to see how they could do that, though, without just "remaking" WoW as it is now. What would the setting be? It couldn't really be Azeroth, otherwise we'd just be in the same thing but with better graphics.

I'm asking honestly, because I don't know the lore enough to be able to have a notion of how it would be done.

What would the setting be? What other aspects of the Warcraft universe could we delve into that would warrant a separate game?
    A good place to look would be FFXIV ARR. They bolstered their subscriber base by alot by rebooting, I see no reason why the best game makers in the industry couldn't reboot WoW and make it better while still being in Azeroth building on all the lore we've got so far. They could make it bigger, have the emerald dream, Argus etc. The WoW universe is big enough to support that. Heck, the game could even go back to the world as it was right after the sundering. That said, improvements to the engine and a graphical overhaul would do alot in itself.

A good place to look would be FFXIV ARR. They bolstered their subscriber base by alot by rebooting, I see no reason why the best game makers in the industry couldn't reboot WoW and make it better while still being in Azeroth building on all the lore we've got so far. They could make it bigger, have the emerald dream, Argus etc. The WoW universe is big enough to support that. Heck, the game could even go back to the world as it was right after the sundering. That said, improvements to the engine and a graphical overhaul would do alot in itself.
    You reboot when your product either failed or you have no other choices. Blizzard hasn't failed, blizzard has other choices. There is no reason to reboot and put a ton of resources into remaking a current game, when they can just make a new game (and are planning to do that).

15+ Year Old Account
    I would love a whole new Warcraft, i really would.

It doesn't want WoW 2 kill WoW.

It wishes that people sub WoW and Titan.

Deleted
    It wouldn't make any sense investing resources into "WoW 2" at the current point.

Clearly the people trying to explain why it would make sense is being over ruled. I give, it would make no sense whatsoever to make WoW 2 at this point in time (or ever) because WoW still have 7 million+ subscribers and Kotick said losing revenue was fine and the ship should hold steady.... /surrenders