Regarding the Garrosh heirloom weapons?

Does the different ilvl actually matter on them? I mean, presumably they would have normalized stats at level 91-100.

Currently,
    548 flex
    561 normal
    574 heroic

Assuming similar ilvl transition from cata -> mop where ds raid finder ilvl (384 iirc) was the green quest rewards, the 3 tier heirloom weapons are either going to result in one extremely positively imbalanced weapon for the whole leveling process (heroic garrosh heirlooms), or one extremely negatively imbalanced weapon that you will replace (flex garrosh heirloom).

If they didnt normalize the scaling after level 90, they would have to balance around the most common heirloom quality (which will most likely be flex) and risk the heroic quality heirlooms scaling uncontrollably, making the entire questing process much easier than intended for a percentage of the playerbase. Alternatively, if they balance around normal or heroic versions, the flex version could very well end up underweight and be replaced early on.

Has their been a blue post explaining how this will work?
    Would you rather the heirloom items were identical in growth from 91-100 or would you want them to remain three tiered for the entire leveling process? Why do you want your chosen preference?

10+ Year Old Account
    In theory, they will increase in item level at a standard rate. So if the gain 8 item levels per character level, at 91 they would be 566, 569 and 582 receptively.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

I'm guessing that flex heirlooms will be on par with the rare quest rewards or lvling dungeon drops.

And heroic should scale to heroic dungeon ilvl(or what ever is going to be it's equal next exp)

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    In theory, they will increase in item level at a standard rate. So if the gain 8 item levels per character level, at 91 they would be 566, 569 and 582 receptively.
    Leveling from 85-86 with a 410 ds weapon was trivial. If you had that ilvl gain for every single level to the new cap surely it would be a huge time saver and consequently imbalanced (and great for ganking/killing elites/mob tagging etc) over using the flex level one which is still slightly above the standard ilvl climb through the levels, but not by as much. If it isnt normalized, the heroic one is like using a level 94 weapon at level 91.

It's just for increased stats when you level. You are gonna kill stuff much faster with heroic weapon than flex.

Questing has never been designed to be challenging, devs have even said that in an interview. So having an easier time with a heroic heirloom versus the flex version seems fine to me. The difference comes when entering the new raid tier in the expansion. I would imagine that even the heroic Heirlooms will be just under that of weapons from the new heroic 5-mans, this way everyone starts at an even playing field and people don't complain.

But im sure blizzard will have all of that in mind come the expansion.

It's also possible that the "heirloom" version of the items will be essentially standardized after level 90, and the level 90 stats are purely there so the drop will be useful for you now.

This is pure speculation, but I sorta expect this will be the case. Heirlooms are traditionally "blue" items for the level (example: Heirloom 2h @85 vs Level 85 2h (ilevel 333). So if I'm correct, once you hit 91, your weapon becomes a level 91 "blue" item from WoD - regardless of it was originally a heroic or flex version at level 90.

If the weapon was higher ilevel because it started off as the "heroic" version, they would keep even beyond the leveling process - or the lower ones would not be as good as leveling drops. Either way, that's probably outside the scope of what they intend with them.

Quote Originally Posted by XstenZ View Post
    I think it's unfair. I'm pretty sure those who raid HC, are faster levelers than people who raid Normal/Flex.
    Thats always been the case, they have gear that lasts into heroics (usually) where as normal gets replaced before level cap. But with dedication you can beat the gear difference.

Quote Originally Posted by XstenZ View Post
    I think it's unfair. I'm pretty sure those who raid HC, are faster levelers than people who raid Normal/Flex.
    To be fair, at level 100 Heroic SoO will be faceroll similar to how cata raids are faceroll now so you will easily be able to farm them at level 100. So your alts can level pretty fast after you get your main to 100.

This is all assuming they don't make them unobtainable in 6.0.