Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Cool Late-start Prot Pally; legendary quest worth taking?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uralken/simple

I've come to enjoy this Paladin lately. He will reach Level 90 in a few days at most, maybe sooner.

Would it be worth it to pursue the legendary cloak this "late"? The tanking cloak I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uralken/simple

I've come to enjoy this Paladin lately. He will reach Level 90 in a few days at most, maybe sooner.

Would it be worth it to pursue the legendary cloak this "late"? The tanking cloak I mean.
    Yes, since it doesn't take away from anything else. Also you still get meta before it

might as well go for it. to get it as soon as possible look up a guide and make sure you utilize your LFR's correctly.

when you get to the 3000 valor quest, the last 1000 should NOT be acquired from ToT because that's where the next quest takes place.

maybe you know this, but I'm just saying

I say go for it, the other cloaks cost 7kg and you might decide you want them for leveling as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, though you actually want the dps cloak for most situations due to better stats (tank legendary meta is pretty freaking awesome now though).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Yeah, though you actually want the dps cloak for most situations due to better stats (tank legendary meta is pretty freaking awesome now though).
    Most people on these forums, even the heroic raiders will actually disagree with you on this, and I would to ask I can't remember how many times the cloak has saved my ass from wiping the group on progression kills and it got us the kill, or just because I might have fucked up to something I wasn't paying attention to due to roommates and such being a bothersome.

Plus when you're at high end haste rating like I am, (47% percent) haste starts becoming alittle less important, especailly once you hit 50%
    Last edited by Burnick; 2013-10-20 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheathx View Post
    Most people on these forums, even the heroic raiders will actually disagree with you on this, and I would to ask I can't remember how many times the cloak has saved my ass from wiping the group on progression kills and it got us the kill, or just because I might have fucked up to something I wasn't paying attention to due to roommates and such being a bothersome.
    A lot of people on these forums, even the heroic raiders will actually disagree with you on this. And this has been argued over to death but each tank should decide for himself based on his raid group / fight which one he/she wants to use.

And unless i'm wrong, there's no difference in going from 0 to 3% haste or 47 to 50% haste.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    And this has been argued over to death but each tank should decide for himself based on his raid group / fight which one he/she wants to use..
    Pretty much this is what I do. Some fights I just know I cannot die on unless we're wiping anyway so the absorb isn't used. Typically I'll use the tank one on very hard hitters (like Garrosh) and the DPS one on other fights like Immerseus where his big hits are long-cooldown nukes that I can CD.

@OP, the quest is very much worth doing. If you're lucky it shouldn't take *too* long. Maybe a month or two? You'll get the meta fairly quickly at least which is very good, even if you don't manage to finish your cloak.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks guys. I will pursue the legendary cloak (tank type). However, Gulraken has the long trek of reaching L90 before him, so obviously that'll get done first. But then, yeah...legendary cloak time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    And unless i'm wrong, there's no difference in going from 0 to 3% haste or 47 to 50% haste.
    That depends a lot on how you look at it. From some perspectives it is true and from others false. The major thing though is that the higher haste you have, the more valuable the other stats become. So while haste does not get less desirable the more you get from it, the other stats actually to get more desireable.

And yeah, pretty much what celin said. Most good paladin tanks will use both cloaks and swapping between them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    Thanks guys. I will pursue the legendary cloak (tank type). However, Gulraken has the long trek of reaching L90 before him, so obviously that'll get done first. But then, yeah...legendary cloak time
    You can easily have both, just need to spend a measly 7k for a second one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.