Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sndwd View Post
    Japanese already paid for their war crime.
    Btw why most of Western Europe people like Japanese?
    I can understand where you are coming from, but saying ''paid for their war crime'', sends some shivers down my spine. You're not referring to the nuke are you?
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

Do you and Jayburner have these asinine questions/thread topics stockpiled somewhere?

Why would anyone in our generation have reason to feel animosity towards that country?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Why would I hate Japan?

I don't hate Germans or Italians for their past mistakes in history, why would I hate Japan? WWII is over and almost everyone involved in it is dead. Besides, Japan is one of our greatest pacific allies, besides China.
    China? Allies? Lol.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xalzel View Post
    Maybe not the new Japan. But if you dislike the Nazi's and what they stand for then you better dislike the Empire of Japan (leaders and government. I can SOMEWHAT agree with the idea that the soldiers were 'just following orders' but that's to the same extent that the SS were 'just following orders'.)
    The Emperor of Japan and the Japanese of WWII are not what Japan of 2013 is, just like Hitler and the Nazis are not representative of modern Germany. That shit's the past, it is over, both axis and allied nations have moved on.
    Putin khuliyo

Aussie chiming in,
    As Australian soldiers primarily fought them during WW2 - We're taught they did some fucked up shit to their PoWs.

They're alright with me though - past is the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    China? Allies? Lol.
    Economically.

Well, maybe partners. Or at least, we depend on them and they depend on us. Maybe "ally" is too strong of a word.

Militarily/politically? Yeah, not so much.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I mostly like Japan, I just don't like anime, manga, JRPGs or their fans.

Deleted
    Why is this even a thread or better why isn't this thread locked instantly?

10+ Year Old Account
    For the love of christ, will no one speak for the Dolphins!!?

But seriously, Japan is alright. They just do weird stuff sometimes, like Lady Gaga.

Japan is lady Gaga.

Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    For the love of christ, will no one speak for the Dolphins!!?

But seriously, Japan is alright. They just do weird stuff sometimes, like Lady Gaga.

Japan is lady Gaga.
    Lady Gaga wishes she was as weird as Japan.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no reason to hate Japan. If we're supposed to feel negatively toward them for past history that's a little hypocritical of us, as it would be for many countries at some time or another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Lady Gaga wishes she was as weird as Japan.
    You'd better hope not. The day Lady Gaga goes to war with Japan is the day our world ends.

Japan in it's own way is just as fucked up as the rest of the world. They are pretty, courteous on the outside, but the inside is a complete mess. (Social standards and stuff)

Edit: The biggest problem now that I think of it is their inability to look into the past or the present for that matter and amend sins or even dare speak it was or is being committed. Their society is really messed up from their old traditions of always following their Emperor.
    Last edited by Shurkuris; 2013-10-20 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shurkuris View Post
    Japan in it's own way is just as fucked up as the rest of the world. They are pretty, courteous on the outside, but the inside is a complete mess. (Social standards and stuff)
    how? Care to explain, because on the outset, Japan looks so cheerful and fun to actually live in.
    Last edited by Salandrin; 2013-10-20 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    A lot of anonymous Americans I associate time and time again with still have deep rooted animosity towards Japan and their people, despite WW2 being over, calling them "deceiving". I don't understand though, because on the face of publicity, America seems to now be on positive grounds with Japan, although I am not sure if it's really just out of fear or not, America showed some significant sympathy for their plight during the tsunamis years ago.

Do you still have some lingering animosity for whatever mangled past we have had? What's your opinion on this matter and what do you make of it? I'd like I you gave a constructive response.

Can I buy crack from you?

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    I can understand where you are coming from, but saying ''paid for their war crime'', sends some shivers down my spine. You're not referring to the nuke are you?
    I mean the whole country was occupied by U.S for a long time, and a large amount of War Reparations was paid. Aren't these a defeated country's repayment?

Also, if they dare wage the war they should assume any responsibilities of that, even a nuke. They did.

So, why hating them?

Today's Japan is a country that totally rebuild and supported by American's,

Deleted
    Todays generation of japanese are a totally different breed, unless you were around in WW2 I see no reason to hold a grudge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you and Jayburner have these asinine questions/thread topics stockpiled somewhere?

Why would anyone in our generation have reason to feel animosity towards that country?
    They probably share an apartment together and swap stories.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by sndwd View Post
    I mean the whole country was occupied by U.S for a long time, and a large amount of War Reparations was paid. Aren't these a defeated country's repayment?

Also, if they dare wage the war they should assume any responsibilities of that, even a nuke. They did.

So, why hating them?

Today's Japan is a country that totally rebuild and supported by American's,
    So even despite the atrocities of both parties during WW2, do you think it's all finally behind us entirely? There's no reason to really look back and view on either America or Japan with disdain for back then? If so, I think I am satisfied. But this was always on my mind. I always wonder if America and Japan still have antagonism towards each other.

my thoughts exactly. sorry, I like anime and Japanese culture. well, segments of it. I don't give a shit if I had a family member die 60 years before I was born, killed by the Japanese. this isn't the fucking middle east.