Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP has a serious hard-on against this guy and I can't quite figure it out, but it's making me sad for you

Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    Blizzard disagrees. bypassing the 5 man limit is a exploit period
    Nope. If it was an exploit, they would have banned someone, anyone, ever.

Never happened.

They said it is unintended, but all they do is make it a bit harder, so that only the truly dedicated do it. But it isn't against the tos and never has been.

No reason to get upset and it is a 3rd party addon to run on BLIZZARDS game
    You made a thread to hint that Tiny will randomly ban people, and have called him out by name for being a "douche", based on... pretty much fucking nothing. I'm gonna get upset, because this is a good feature done by someone who is obviously highly talented and went around all the dumb limits to implement something that, now that I see it, should be a baseline feature of any MMO worth the name.

So yea, I'm pissed.

As said before no reason to get hostile
    Your whole thread is hostility, along with all your posts.

charity? pleany of other addons that run on donations

Whatever man. I'm sure the few donations he gets let him snort cocaine off the asses of an army of hookers. I'd be shocked if he can even pay the hosting on donations.

as said before he does not want to say what will get someone banned no tos no rules
    Good. You didn't pay him. There's no tos. You should live in fear that he will ban you. That will make people behave better while using his free distributed top shelf game defining feature that he created, and preserve the value of it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH if people did not use his addon he would be nothing really.

His value is that he's the kind of guy that can write a distributed message board in LUA and have it run as an addon. His value is immense. Your value is to post a thread hating him and his addon so very very much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DPA View Post
    Did you know that as a moderator of a custom chat channel in WoW, you can ban people? Outrage!!
    Custom Chat Channel in wow =/= 3rd party addon

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Nope. If it was an exploit, they would have banned someone, anyone, ever.

Never happened.

They said it is unintended, but all they do is make it a bit harder, so that only the truly dedicated do it. But it isn't against the tos and never has been.

An exploit (known as "explotive activity" by Blizzard) is a method of playing the game in a way not intended by the game developers to gain an advantage over other players. As with all massively multiplayer online games, World of Warcraft has its share of players who exploit and cheat.

The rest of the hostility you posted did not deserve a replay
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-10-20 at 09:09 AM.

Deleted
    Wow he really gotten to you did he, OP? And this attempt of you trying to get trashtalk going doesnt seem very effective either.

Can you at least link to a forum-thread or something where he is unfair or "very douche" to you?

An exploit (known as "explotive activity" by Blizzard) is a method of playing the game in a way not intended by the game developers to gain an advantage over other players. As with all massively multiplayer online games, World of Warcraft has its share of players who exploit and cheat.
    Even more so now because a lot of players are bored with wow, don't feel like grinding conquest in the slow but legitimate ways and don't really give a crap they get banned if caught.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    id assume that by downloading an addon it has to follow the eula and tos blizzard puts out there....so where do you think that by partaking in an addon it excludes you from them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

The OP is just looking for things to complain about and is very good at trolling (i mean i'm responding so i guess he "wins").
    and if you have wow and Hearthstone going at the same time with OQ you get spamed.
    For one this is your own fault. if you click "go dark" in the addon this "problem" doesn't happen. ?Not the addon's fault.

And for a lot of people like me if OQ would disapear or stop working we'd more than likely quit playing.
    I don't have time to find people on my server to do flex/heroics etc with due to work and real life. And my server (Uther US) is pretty dead, so even if i HAVE time i've sat in a city for an hour or two spamming "lf flex".
    With OQ i can log in and within a few minutes have a flex group. So far ive had good results, sometimes even clearing flex 2-3 in less than 2 hours time. Sure there have been crap groups.. but that's the same as LFR.

People complain about anything these days, even free stuff that enhances gameplay and enjoyment.
    Whether or not the author is a "douchebag" is irrelevant to me if the product works, and boy does it work good.
    A lot of complaints about "I won't use it because i don't know when i'll be banned or why" should read the wow forums more.
    There are crapload of threads about people who got banned from wow for god knows what, and even IF blizz is so kind to grace them with a response sometimes its completely and utterly wrong (remember people getting banned for chain running that key dungeon on thunder isle for the gold chests...perfectly legal but blizz screwed up).
    Stop being a whiny baby because you don't like someone OP. And you sound like the guy who got owned on the original thread on the forums, you use almost the same words and arguments.. You must be really upset at this guy

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2013-10-20 at 04:37 PM.

I don't care if curse blocks them. They have their own website.

I don't believe they plan to stop what you think is a "5 man bypass"- at this time, all that is, is a goddamned timestamp on the pop. If Blizzard is serious about blocking this, and they might be, they will shuffle people around a bit more in time for forming stuff. But they haven't done it yet, and nothing oqueue does is against the tos. Or they would break it. Which they won't.

Yea, if you have Hearthstone going you get a bunch of oqueue crap on the left. Tiny would write an oqueue addon for Hearthstone to block that if, you know, Hearthstone had addons. Dude, tells are what they have instead of packets. Should it just stop updating crap if you have Hearthstone going?

Try this: Go into oqueue and go dark. Boom! Or, just log out of WoW and play Hearthstone. Or remove oqueue friends before you play. No, none are as perfect as if Hearthstone could be told not to display oqueue data because it's not REALLY tells, but Hearth isn't that sophisticated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of the 100000 people using it (for example) 9 is nothing. If you bad toxic players its a good thing so they are stuck with other toxic players in lfr and they will never be able to get a new group. If they leave the game even better.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Also oQueue is "In moderation" on Curse and if you have wow and Hearthstone going at the same time with OQ you get spamed.
    Not if you set the thing up right. The only time I ever see messages from it is when I want to.

The rest of the hostility you posted did not deserve a replay
    It's not an exploit, and I don't really care if you reply. I doubt I can convince you of anything- all your responses show is your irrational hatred of a new game feature, and grasping at reasons to complain about it because you have a bone to pick with the author. But anyone else reading this thread should likely see your true colors more and more with every post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    The OP is just looking for things to complain about and is very good at trolling (i mean i'm responding so i guess he "wins").
    Since your new here let me help you out with a tip. Calling people troll will get you infracted, if you think someone is a troll report them and move on

For one this is your own fault. if you click "go dark" in the addon this "problem" doesn't happen. ?Not the addon's fault.
    IF your playing 2 games like wow and heath stone you will get spamed on the other game. Disabling the addon does not seem to stop the stream of spam from chat that the add on blocks

And for a lot of people like me if OQ would disapear or stop working we'd more than likely quit playing.

Open raid offers the same

Stop being a whiny baby because you don't like someone OP. And you sound like the guy who got owned on the original thread on the forums, you use almost the same words and arguments.. You must be really upset at this guy

Flaming is not tolerated here either. My main issue with oq is the fact it is used to by pass the 5 man que, it is spaming.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not an exploit, and I don't really care if you reply. I doubt I can convince you of anything- all your responses show is your irrational hatred of a new game feature, and grasping at reasons to complain about it because you have a bone to pick with the author. But anyone else reading this thread should likely see your true colors more and more with every post.
    Blizzards tos disagrees with you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Travio View Post
    Not if you set the thing up right. The only time I ever see messages from it is when I want to.
    try turning off the addon it tends to spam at that point

Oh, by the way:

Oqueue lets me play flex on alts.

Oqueue lets me kill world bosses without having to waste guild raid time.

Oqueue lets me find pvp groups.

Oqueue lets me play RBGs again.

Oqueue lets me get transmog runs.

Oqueue has given me back many basic WoW features that have been missing for nearly an expansion. It's not an addon, it's a game feature. It's imperfect, but I just don't care. I'll stop using it when everyone else does, and that will be when Blizzard breaks down and provides the same functionality with a server side app with a good UI.

Oh, I'll probably have to /reload all the time like I do if I want to change talents change glyphs view boss abilities view boss loot respec. Unlike oqueue.

- - - Updated - - -

Flaming is not tolerated here either. My main issue with oq is the fact it is used to by pass the 5 man que, it is spaming.
    It doesn't do anything you can't do without it. It doesn't break the ToS. If Blizzard cared about this, they would have fixed it- they've had like seven years.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care if curse blocks them. They have their own website.

I don't believe they plan to stop what you think is a "5 man bypass"- at this time, all that is, is a goddamned timestamp on the pop. If Blizzard is serious about blocking this, and they might be, they will shuffle people around a bit more in time for forming stuff. But they haven't done it yet, and nothing oqueue does is against the tos. Or they would break it. Which they won't.

Yea, if you have Hearthstone going you get a bunch of oqueue crap on the left. Tiny would write an oqueue addon for Hearthstone to block that if, you know, Hearthstone had addons. Dude, tells are what they have instead of packets. Should it just stop updating crap if you have Hearthstone going?

Try this: Go into oqueue and go dark. Boom! Or, just log out of WoW and play Hearthstone. Or remove oqueue friends before you play. No, none are as perfect as if Hearthstone could be told not to display oqueue data because it's not REALLY tells, but Hearth isn't that sophisticated.

Holinka was asked on twitter
    https://twitter.com/holinka/status/325498843967913985

where he answered they had plans too

Deleted
    Flaming is not tolerated here either.
    Neither is baiting, which is what you're trying to accomplish here.

See how easily 'rules' can be turned against you.

i don't know wtf this bitching is all about but i'll throw in my thoughts on oQueue:

it's fucking awesome. it's got some issues (yes, it will share your b-tag with random people, but that's the only way this thing can work atm) but as far as finding groups goes its just amazing - easy, fast and painless.

15+ Year Old Account
    try turning off the addon it tends to spam at that point
    I have had it both on and off. I've never had issues with spam. Sounds more like a PEBKAC issue of not setting up and dealing with the add on correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    It's his mod, his rules. Don't like it, don't use it.
    This. kudos for banning exploiters

IF your playing 2 games like wow and heath stone you will get spamed on the other game. Disabling the addon does not seem to stop the stream of spam from chat that the add on blocks
    You keep repeating this, but this is still YOUR fault. If you read what i said you could stop this. This has nothing to do with the addon itself.
    That's like saying wow chat spams you if you leave it on.... :P

Open raid offers the same
    It actually does not, openraid means you have to schedule to join a raid in advance mostly.
    I cannot log into wow and simply openraid a flex in a minutes time.
    Again, you are saying the same as if i told you "Everquest is an mmo like wow, go play that"..
    That doesn't really address the issue nor solve a problem...

Calling someone a douche is not flaming? Pot ...here's kettle.
    And from your posting I highly doubt your big issue is the 5 man que bypassing, you seem highly volatile about this for something that minor.
    This is quite clearly a personal vendetta if you read your posts clearly here and on the wow forums.

Luckily pretty much everyone (or at least a VERY healthy margin) clearly see through your posts and continue using OQ with incredible success

where he answered they had plans too
    Maybe they'll get to it after dance studio and hero classes.

I will say this: The devs absolutely have stated that they don't like premades bigger than five. Tiny has said basically "I shouldn't have to rally scrubs" (paraphrasing). I'm actually with Tiny on this- the battleground experience, with dumb bots, idiot trolls popping hero to debuff me, asshole priests lifegripping me into blade storms, toolbags spamming racism, sexism, and hatred of homosexuals into raid chat, and people deliberately sabotaging, refusing to cap when they should, capping when they shouldn't, screaming at each other....

You get with a group of goods, you farm up, you have fun. If Blizzard was more aggressive about banning- not their escalating ladder of nonsense- people who bot, people who break their own ToS consistently in chat, and ANYONE who same faction griefs- then I wouldn't feel so strongly about this. I shouldn't be forced into contact with such scrubs* if I can avoid it. With oqueue, sometimes I can. Zone into a BG with four idiot robots putting people on follow. Will Blizzard ban them? Maybe in a ban wave later. Probably a temp ban. I hear exploiters brag all the time. With oqueue they don't get to ride on my back.

Still, I see what the devs are saying. They want a solo queue to not just involve getting a massive train to the head. They need to fix their solo experience first IMO.

*And I'm not talking about undergeared or underskilled players here. Tiny probably is. I don't really mind having some undergears or underskills on my solo queue, because the enemy team will too, on average. Everyone starts somewhere, and alts need honor gear too, along with casuals. That's not what gets my goat.
    Last edited by Verain; 2013-10-20 at 09:41 AM.