Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Blizzard can remove any addon from the game that they want. They did it with Gearscore when it was a problem, they did it with AvR (and dues vox) when they were a problem.
    oqueue isn't a problem though, if theres something bad in the coding im sure blizzard would contact him and say it needs to be removed before breaking the addon.
    other addons were broke by blizzard because they were bad for the game, oqueue isn't bad for the game.

and in the thread op linked, for once i actually agree with the oqueue creator, people are questioning him and acting like he has to give an answer to their questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    oQueue is awesome, I just started using it this week. I can find whatever raids I want in like 5 seconds. Wish I'd heard about it earlier.

Knowing that the guy who made it will come down hard on anyone for whatever reason he wants is hilarious, especially if he's thus far only used it to hammer jerk-faces. He uses the power for good.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Blizzard can remove any addon from the game that they want. They did it with Gearscore when it was a problem, they did it with AvR (and dues vox) when they were a problem.
    LOL!
    Erm, no, they really can't this time. They have shareholders to answer to if they pull an addon this big and it costs subs. As I said - it's like removing Recount - they wouldn't dare, no matter how laggy recount makes the game, it won't get removed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    oQueue is awesome, I just started using it this week. I can find whatever raids I want in like 5 seconds. Wish I'd heard about it earlier.

Knowing that the guy who made it will come down hard on anyone for whatever reason he wants is hilarious, especially if he's thus far only used it to hammer jerk-faces. He uses the power for good.

well oqueue has a lot of users, and hes banned a total of 9 people, so it seems he is only banning people in extreme cases, its not like hes banning people just because he can.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is really grasping for straws in my opinion.
    Even the thread title here states "..in CODE"...

Essentially, the author uses the addon himself to queue. He chose to ban certain users he did not enjoy playing with, or for whatever reason. This is no different from someone putting someone from an LFG or LFR queue on ignore, and therefore not getting queued with this person again. This is also in their personal client "code", and not publicly viewable. He did not go out of his way to "shame" these people publicly, neither ingame or on a forum, to my knowledge. And if he did this, that would affect HIS ACCOUNT, and not the addon. The addon is not "shaming" anyone.

I fail to see how this violates any part of the ToU or EULA, any argument claiming this is on wobbly knees indeed.

The only part of the AddOn I could see being in danger is the Donation button, however that can simply be removed - also, the AddOn was never purchaseable like others in the past, that since became free and still exist today.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Calaba View Post
    LOL!
    Erm, no, they really can't this time. They have shareholders to answer to if they pull an addon this big and it costs subs. As I said - it's like removing Recount - they wouldn't dare, no matter how laggy recount makes the game, it won't get removed.

they would, but blizzard could implement their own recount pretty easy, if blizzard thinks an addon is going against the game design they will remove it

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL!
    Uuuh you're not really making a case here. Fact is Blizzard has cracked down on many popular Addons in the past, and shareholders don't give a crap about them doing that. That's not really a realistic argument. Also, the number of OQ users that would unsub just ebcause OQ doesn't work anymore (especially with Connected Realms going up weekly now) is likely in the single digits.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL!
    Ummm pulling an addon is not going bleed subs

10+ Year Old Account
    Since this thread is just fighting and insults, I'm going to close it.

If you have constructive feedback for an addon's author, please direct it to them, or just use alternative options to the addon. MMOC is not the appropriate venue for this, and it just ends up as a free-for-all for bashing the guy, which is not acceptable.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |