Page 60 of 96 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Waarheid View Post
    I will post a reply that is both inappropriate, and entirely to the point. If you truly want a horror game experience you have to step away from the console/computer.
    Buy dice.
    Buy The Call of Cthulu.
    Find a good GM (preferably with a background in theater) and six friends.
    Playing in a vacation cabin, by lamplight, during a storm, helps too.
    I've never once had a horrifying experience playing a table top, and that includes Call of Cthulu. Something about a bunch of dorks sitting around a table crunching on snacks and drinking beer/pop doesn't quite have the same effect as a well put together video game with top notch sound/music, lighting, etc. It's a tall order to find a) a GM, b) a good GM, c) someone with a theatre background who plays table top RPG's, d) a good GM with a theatre background, e) 6 other people who want to play CoC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    If you can fight back, the only elements it can rely on is bad jump scares. For a game to truly be a "horror" game, it has to give you the feeling of hopelessness in an impossible situation, making you feel like everything can be your death, and that creepy feeling of some guy always standing behind you. But that feeling is kinda diminished if you can just turn around and shoot the thing.
    That's why I was specific in what I was looking for. You picking apart my request and providing your definition of a horror video game is not what I was looking for.
    That said, I'm probably just going to go with Amnesia and/or Outlast. The reason is that I'd the game not focus on combat at all if I can't have minor combat elements. There seems to be no middle ground. Too much combat isn't scary, I agree.
    Last edited by calmsea; 2013-10-15 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    That's why I was specific in what I was looking for. You picking apart my request and providing your definition of a horror video game is not what I was looking for.
    That said, I'm probably just going to go with Amnesia and/or Outlast. The reason is that I'd the game not focus on combat at all if I can't have minor combat elements. There seems to be no middle ground. Too much combat isn't scary, I agree.
    Honestly, look into Penumbra. It's from Frictional games, like Amnesia, but you can fight in that game. It has great immersion and you can fight in the game. But you will learn to avoid combat. It seems to be just what you're looking for.

1. Skyrim - Open world, great game. Etc etc.
    2. WoW - Played it for 6 years. I have lots of friends, and it can still be fun sometimes.
    3. Final Fantasy Tactics (PSP version) -I've replayed this twice already. Really high replay value.

Quote Originally Posted by needforblood View Post
    1. Skyrim - Open world, great game. Etc etc.
    2. WoW - Played it for 6 years. I have lots of friends, and it can still be fun sometimes.
    3. Final Fantasy Tactics (PSP version) -I've replayed this twice already. Really high replay value.
    could someone suggest me a mmorpg could care less if it's new or older, f2p or p2p. i'm looking for something that sucks you into the games world, being fun to play and has a vast interesting world to explore. really looking to find something that doesn't lean towards looking for group buttons for everything and makes you socialize in order to group up for anything. it has a good story and so forth.
    "MMO"RPG

1. Many others will recommend rift, Rift is not bad. Its similar to WoW but at the same its not. Hard to explain until you get to end game

2. SWTOR isn't horrible, I liked it because there was no auto attack and all of your attacks had to be made by a button. Similar to City of Heroes

3. LOTRO isn't horrible either, probably the closest to WoW when it comes to clones and I think its still a very strong MMORPG.

4. Guild wars 2 is also good, its story is driven off your choices when making a character and I think somewhat after. The combat is simple, but also deep. Its very new player friendly and you can try just about anything at any level and still receive experience for it. Its perfect for casual or hardcore players. You basically get what you want out of it as long as you are a little flexible with results.

5. WoW, I'm sure you play it or already have assuming so since you're on mmo-champ, but if you haven't then thats a good one to pick up too.

Thats all I can think of for now, I'm sure someone will recommend more.

Sorry, I've been mistaken. I didn't pay attention to "MMO"

I need some game recommendations.

I'm going to have some down time over the next week and was thinking of finally starting on the Assassin's Creed franchise.

Should I bother with the first game? It has mixed reviews but I do like starting from the beginning.
    Should I start with II? And if so, is the Ezio trilogy pack worth getting?
    Or should I jump straight to III since it just got a price cut?

I'm not going to grab the new $60 game without getting my feet wet first and could use your help on where to begin, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    I'm late to this discussion so it may have already been suggested but have you play Condemned?

I found it to be thoroughly disturbing and spooked me on more than one occasion (not just jump scares either). There's a little bit of combat but it's not the main focus. There's also some detective aspects that are pretty fun.

I'm curious if there are any MMOs where you could control two characters if you had two computers next to each other and controlled both. And of course that means you could do some stuff easier/by yourself.

I mean. You could technically do this in WoW but you can't handle two rotations by yourself, and a simple buff isn't enough to merit doing this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post

I'm going to have some down time over the next week and was thinking of finally starting on the Assassin's Creed franchise.

Should I bother with the first game? It has mixed reviews but I do like starting from the beginning.

I'm not going to grab the new $60 game without getting my feet wet first and could use your help on where to begin, thank you.
    I didn't play first few but I did play 3. I believe the story if black flag is tied in with 3 so definitely get it before you get black flag.

Is there any good arena-based pvp game like Bloodline Champions?

As I am waiting for Heroes of the Storm, I am searching for a good arena-based pvp game like http://store.steampowered.com/app/6370/ Bloodline Champions. Is there any?

I don't enjoy games like DotA2, which is more like "less brawling/dueling more cc/debuff/buff spam fest" and I am tired of LoL after 1101 ranked games http://www.lolking.net/summoner/eune/26275954 (champions I've mastered: 168 Malzahar games, 97 Mordekaiser games, 71 Kassadin, 383 games as support - Sona/Janna/Taric/Leona/Soraka/Thresh/Nunu) and countless blind pick/dominion/arma.

I've tested Smite and other mobas like HoN etc, but their graphic didn't fit my taste at all.

Or shall I just play GW2 BGs while waiting for Heroes of the Storm?
    You know...after years of playing competetive games (Diamond league 1v1 SC2 Season 1 as an example) I am starting to gravitate more into less pressure to perform and more relaxed games That's why no DotA 2 for me).
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2013-10-20 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    As I am waiting for Heroes of the Storm, I am searching for a good arena-based pvp game like http://store.steampowered.com/app/6370/ Bloodline Champions. Is there any?

I don't enjoy games like DotA2, which is more like "less brawling/dueling more cc/debuff/buff spam fest" and I am tired of LoL after 1101 ranked games http://www.lolking.net/summoner/eune/26275954 (champions I've mastered: 168 Malzahar games, 97 Mordekaiser games, 71 Kassadin, 383 games as support - Sona/Janna/Taric/Leona/Soraka/Thresh/Nunu) and countless blind pick/dominion/arma.

I've tested Smite and other mobas like HoN etc, but their graphic didn't fit my taste at all.

Or shall I just play GW2 BGs while waiting for Heroes of the Storm?
    You know...after years of playing competetive games (Diamond league 1v1 SC2 Season 1 as an example) I am starting to gravitate more into less pressure to perform and more relaxed games That's why no DotA 2 for me).
    There are 2 "new" games on steam that's similar.
    One of them is Forge that has been out for a bit but recently went f2p, tried that one?
    Another one that just launched is smashmuck champions, that looks really fun but I havent tried yet, have you?

Yea theres a new game called Prime World on steam as well, some Russian developers it seems, havent tried it myself but seems a bit entertaining.
    Your lord is under attack! Your lord is under attack!

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    There are 2 "new" games on steam that's similar.
    One of them is Forge that has been out for a bit but recently went f2p, tried that one?
    Another one that just launched is smashmuck champions, that looks really fun but I havent tried yet, have you?

Yea theres a new game called Prime World on steam as well, some Russian developers it seems, havent tried it myself but seems a bit entertaining.
    Thank you. Smashmuck Champions not my style, but I will give Forge a try. And I am not a fun of russian games, so gonna skip Prime World.
    Thank you again

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Thank you. Smashmuck Champions not my style, but I will give Forge a try. And I am not a fun of russian games, so gonna skip Prime World.
    Thank you again
    forge isn't bad, but its not good either. i have a free copy on steam i think if you want one.

edit: just seen the game is actually free to play now :P
    Signature pending

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post

I played all games. They're seperately playable, but the story is tied together. You'll definitely get more out of it if you play all games, although gameplay and story gets a lot better at the second game.

Though you can buy a pack containing both assassin's creed 1 and 2 for 10 euro for xbox. And I've found the pc version of ac 1 in a computer store for only 3 euro.

Anyone have recommendations for a game to play? The last single player game I truly played was GTA V, before that probably skyrim. I got a week off of school and want to play some kind of single player game. Please do not recommend any MMO's or console games. Only single player games for PC. By the way I like just about any game whether its rpg, shooter, action, adventure, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    Anyone have recommendations for a game to play? The last single player game I truly played was GTA V, before that probably skyrim. I got a week off of school and want to play some kind of single player game. Please do not recommend any MMO's or console games. Only single player games for PC. By the way I like just about any game whether its rpg, shooter, action, adventure, etc.
    a little more information would still be helpful, as with your current request the list is pretty much endless

some of my own favorites of recent years:

Mass Effect
    Dragon Age
    The Witcher

FarCry 3
    Tomb Raider
    Bioshock Infinite (haven't actually played this one myself yet, but it got great reviews across the board)

Dishonored
    Assasins Creed (haven't played the latest, "3")

Anno (2070 or 1404)
    Total War: Shogun 2
    Civilization V

Bastion
    Dust
    Don't Starve

Didn't know where to put this as I don't really want to open a new thread for it. But for those of us waiting for Star Citizen, this upcoming game looks pretty darn good. It's releasing next month.

Edit: didn't realize there was a thread for this game already, http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1330148-X-Rebirth

anyway, just learned of this game today, looks great
    Last edited by Doozerjun; 2013-10-20 at 06:51 PM.

Really wanting to play a good open world RPG with several classes, great progression and customization systems for characters weapons and armour and a good crafting system preferably so i can go off of the story and grind here and there (i presume Skyrim may be my only option but not sure if anything else is out there).

TIA

Exo

Nexttt?

Completed Batman prior to GTA coming out, was alright.. nothing amazing, so cba with any of the sequels

Just finished GTA which I found amazing, not too keen on the online part so not going to renew gold

Whats next that I should keep my eyes hooked on seeing as watch dogs was delayed (the pricks)

Quote Originally Posted by Exodiea View Post
    Really wanting to play a good open world RPG with several classes, great progression and customization systems for characters weapons and armour and a good crafting system preferably so i can go off of the story and grind here and there (i presume Skyrim may be my only option but not sure if anything else is out there).

TIA

Exo
    i'd recommend Skyrim, but with mods. there are A LOT of great mods of all kinds at nexus mods for that game and they can really improve, expand or completely overhaul the gameplay experience in any way you want.

unfortunately, there aren't really many good open world rpgs around at the moment, so alternatives are quite limited.

Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    Completed Batman prior to GTA coming out, was alright.. nothing amazing, so cba with any of the sequels

Just finished GTA which I found amazing, not too keen on the online part so not going to renew gold

Whats next that I should keep my eyes hooked on seeing as watch dogs was delayed (the pricks)
    If you into Assasin's Creed - Black Flag seems really different and fun.