Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pathetic.

Bitches who expect favours for having breasts and dicks who are so lonely/sexually frustrated to spur the behaviour should all be in a childish guild together.

Infracted.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    What point? Your point is you haven't seen women be "best at everything"? What does that even mean? I just clearly told you that your perception is simply wrong, just in WoW alone I know several women that could wipe the floor with you in terms of skill.
    wut? By being the best I mean absolute best not beating average player like me. I am sure there are lot of female better than me( in WoW case) but what I mean is when look at the top of ANYTHING, chances are the people at the top will be male. I have raided with a lot of good female players. I am fine with them lol.

Yeah, a lot of these dramas related here happen to be missunderstandings and wrong interpretations, so I take them with a grain of salt, but hey, the victors write the story. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    In before immature kids mentioning "u cant have girls in guild cuz dey kreate drumah!"

Oh, too late for that I guess.

Even worse, this whole thread is created in a condescending way towards female players, pathetic.
    You're the one causing issues in this thread, not the OP.

Change the words in the OP from 'girl, she etc' to 'guy, he etc' and would you still be calling foul against OP for creating a condescending thread against males? No.

Hypocrisy and sexism incarnate.

I have several stories of guildies who have caused drama, some with men and some with women. If I was to tell the one about the woman does that make me sexist and demeaning to women? No. It simply means I think the story is better than the one that is about a guy. The story isnt given its value by the gender of the people in it, the story is given its value because of the story. The genders just so happen to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in BC when I was alliance, the guild I was in was ran by a group of personal friends. The GM, and most of the officers knew each other IRL. The pally and druid officers were married, for like 5 or 6 years at the time. They were having issues, arguing in vent about personal shit during raids and in guild chat. One day, during a raid, I guess the husband found out she was cheating on him with one of the officers and the GM knew about it but didn't say anything, he just went ape shit on vent cursing them out and then said he was going over to kick both of their asses and filing for divorce and what not. The GM and all the O's that were friends outside of the game logged off mid raid (it was progression night in SSC). The GM, and the married (now divorced) couple didn't log back in for about 1-2 weeks. Afterwards the pally (husband) left and there was a lot of drama about that whole ordeal and other shit between the officers so me and a bunch of other guildies moved to another guild. My old guild disbanded shortly after.

Fun stuff. I'm going to miss shit like that.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

In before immature kids mentioning "u cant have girls in guild cuz dey kreate drumah!"

Even worse, this whole thread is created in a condescending way towards female players, pathetic.
    everything of your post is pathetic. "in before..." comment, followed by stupid made-up-kiddie-leet-speak. but the craziest part is you last sentence; how in the world is this thread condescending towards female players? because there is one single example of a stripper fucking his/her GM for personal profit? i do not think you're in the position to call the OP out on this, you obviously overreact.

the stripper could very well have been a man and the GM a girl. or a gay boy. it doesn't matter.

Wanted to say - In before lame feminist defenders charge to the rescue. Too late.

Anyway, I can't say it's true or not, but as far as my guild was concerned, it was true.

I have a few stories of guild drama.

In one guild in BC, our MT was dating a priest in our guild and they started having issues. The priest was getting close to and eventually left the MT for a rogue in our guild, moved cities to be with them. That didn't sit too well with the MT who came into vent on the next raid night drunk as all hell yelling abuse and threatening IRL violence towards both the rogue and priest before rage quitting the guild and taking half the raiders with him to form a 10 man guild.

In another guild in WoTLK we had a paladin who was working angles with both the GM and an officer to obtain extra special treatment. When more information surfaced as to why the paladin was getting all the attention, it turned out the paladin was sleeping with both the GM and the officer who were all from the same city causing both of them to get divorces. One day the paladin upped and left never to be heard from again and the GM had Gkicked the officer in question.

I also met my GF in WoW being in the same guild for many years. She had a BF at first but after they broke up we met IRL and decided to take things slow and steady.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

Two guildies fell in love, moved across the country, got married, had a kid, then got divorced. Both are still in the guild...

Another all time best guild drama

Was a girl who posted semi-naked pics of herself to promote a guild
    everyone on the forums raged hard, specially other girls

She is one of the hottest girls I've seen on wow and a hardcore raider.
    The curious thing about it is that she is hated mostly by other females.

idk why...
    Last edited by Elixr; 2013-10-20 at 02:00 PM.

The biggest guild-drama I remember was from the hardcore guild, in which I was the class-leader back in TBC/early WotLK. We were one of the best guilds on the server and raiding was fun. Our main-tank had this huge crush on one of the healers, the main problem was that he was from denmark and she was from germany. He gave her all kinds of stuff in game, helped her get a rare mount or two, and probably gave her over 5k gold, at least that I know of. He spent half his salary to fly over to germany to meet her, though apparently nothing "happened". Anyhow, word got out that she had started sleeping with this other guy in the guild who was the offtank. The atmosphere got weird fast, and I remember a night when it escalated, when the offtank guy won a shield over our maintank (by having more DKP) and he said something along the lines of: "Looks like I beat you to it once again", and shit hit the fan.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    What point? Your point is you haven't seen women be "best at everything"? What does that even mean? I just clearly told you that your perception is simply wrong, just in WoW alone I know several women that could wipe the floor with you in terms of skill.
    His perception is right.
    How many women/male are raiding for Method, Blood Legion, Paragon etc. or are among the best PvP players in the World compared to the total female/male WoW playerbase?

Drama ha, had lots of drama happen over the years.

Most recently we had a female member of the guild who got involved with our guild master he went to visit her in Sweden. The GM returned a few days later and began planning for his move to Thailand I believe it was and the female member of the guild got all pissed off about how he doesn't pay her enough attention and how he should drop everything and give her all the attention she believed she deserves.

She came bitching to me about how he's neglecting her and my response was basically " Not interested " she then runs off and befriends another guildie and they end up becoming BFFs he's visited her a few times, he became our GM shortly as our old one could no longer carry out the task being so far away. Until everything kicked off she kept messing up her assigned role on one of the boss fights, she was asked politely to up her game otherwise we would use another healer. She took offence to this and began to rage causing a shitload of drama to kick off during a raid. I said in officer chat she was a bit out of order and should calm down but the GM then decided to copy paste officer chat to her , most likely to score brownie points and she turned on me and began raging, she left the guild shortly after and our GM followed her.

Morale of the story, don't give attention whores attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    His perception is right.
    How many women/male are raiding for Method, Blood Legion, Paragon etc. or are among the best PvP players in the World compared to the total female/male WoW playerbase?
    Ur proving my point actually. If you look at the players raiding for the mentioned guilds, they all have about 20-30% women in their raid teams, which pretty accurately reflects the active playerbase in general WoW. This DESPITE the very obvious childish bias that many "boys" playing WoW have towards women playing it. So if anything, women are actually representing their portion of the community better than men are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I thought those Guilds had a strict "No Females" rule, and that's why you don't see any. I'm sure I read about a few of them saying that it wasn't their gameplay, or that they couldn't compete at the same level as male players, but that it can cause unnecessary drama when going for a world first.

Males hear female in vent....focus shifts from boss encounter to "how you doing?".
    Nearly all of them have women in their raid teams, you can even hear them in their first kill videos for Pete's sake. It's just another non-argument brought up by someone threatened by women on some level.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Wow, I've been playing WoW since BC and I've never had any problems with women in a Guild. How did this thread turn into "let's hate on women, because we can't control our own actions with them"? Seriously....
    Well my personal ratio of stories involving bad playing girlfriends to bad playing boyfriends - and the drama surrounding that - is heavily tilted towards the first, but I can share one of each if it satisfies the gender terrorists here:

In BC we had a rogue in our guild, one of the best players and funniest dudes I've ever met. His wife played a priest and was among the worst players ever, even she knew it and hated being draged around. No one was allowed to say anything that would criticize her play in any way though, because her husband the rogue was all over you in TS and such as soon as you tried defending her, even though she clearly didn't want that, as we saw on a couple of occaisons. That one caused alot of drama when trying to negotiate between parties.

In WotLK we had a warrior/priest couple. She was once again the priest, this time though she was the good player, be it heal or damage she was among the best players I've met (didn't like her personally though), but her husband was among the worst tanks in the history of wow. Tanking with him was a pain, because he would always taunt shit off you and having him tank stuff as a DPS for you was a pain because he simply could not hold agro at all. Once again, every attempt at talking to him about that was in vain, because this time she would be all over you until you'd mute/ignore her. This one too earned me many long nights in TS trying to cool people down.

Still, stories of the first kind are simply alot more common for obvious reasons, not to mention the hatred some women have among themselves, which I also have a couple of stories about, or the teenage girl that simply wants to pose in front of the mirror and wants everyone in the guild to see her pretty pictures, haven't seen a dude do that ever in the last 8~9 years of wow. Treating people equal is all fine and dandy, but thinking we are all the same is just as wrong as thinking we are all special bufferflies. Just so you people know, there is nothing more annoying than those co-workers that constantly bitch about their partners when they themself have clearly not put any effort into anything, males are very prone to that kind of behavior and every time I hear one of my collegues doing it I just want to slap him silly. Some traits are more common among people with certain features, this should net people neither an advantage nor a disadvantage. Claiming everything good for yourself while telling everyone that dares to point out there might be flaws with you as well, does not make one a misogynist nor does it mean someone hates women (most of the time it is quite the opposite).

Now you guys can unleash your femen; show those nice smal - you know what - to me. Most entertaining form of protest ever, btw .
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2013-10-20 at 02:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Faustus View Post
    Pathetic.

Bitches who expect favours for having breasts and dicks who are so lonely/sexually frustrated to spur the behaviour should all be in a childish guild together.
    :XDDDDDD hahaaha so every man wants to be a GM of this guild DDDDDDDD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyonis View Post
    The person I first quoted said men can do anything better than women. I pointed out something men can't do better than women. While you have a point aswell, I don't think it justifies such a rude reply from Sarac.
    if you've never seen a man give birth, how do you know women are better at it?

you're just assuming women would be better at giving birth just because its impossible for a man to do so?

so sexist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Well my personal ratio of stories involving bad playing girlfriends to bad playing boyfriends - and the drama surrounding that - is heavily tilted towards the first, but I can share one of each if it satisfies the gender terrorists here:

In BC we had a rogue in our guild, one of the best players and funniest dudes I've ever met. His wife played a priest and was among the worst players ever, even she knew it and hated being draged around. No one was allowed to say anything that would criticize her play in any way though, because her husband the rogue was all over you in TS and such as soon as you tried defending her, even though she clearly didn't want that, as we saw on a couple of occaisons. That one caused alot of drama when trying to negotiate between parties.

In WotLK we had a warrior/priest couple. She was once again the priest, this time though she was the good player, be it heal or damage she was among the best players I've met (didn't like her personally though), but her husband was among the worst tanks in the history of wow. Tanking with him was a pain, because he would always taunt shit off you and having him tank stuff as a DPS for you was a pain because he simply could not hold agro at all. Once again, every attempt at talking to him about that was in vain, because this time she would be all over you until you'd mute/ignore her. This one too earned me many long nights in TS trying to cool people down.

Still, stories of the first kind are simply alot more common for obvious reasons, not to mention the hatred some women have among themselves, which I also have a couple of stories about, or the teenage girl that simply wants to pose in front of the mirror and wants everyone in the guild to see her pretty pictures, haven't seen a dude do that ever in the last 8~9 years of wow. Treating people equal is all fine and dandy, but thinking we are all the same is just as wrong as thinking we are all special bufferflies. Just so you people know, there is nothing more annoying than those co-workers that constantly bitch about their partners when they themself have clearly not put any effort into anything, males are very prone to that kind of behavior and every time I hear one of my collegues doing it I just want to slap him silly. Some traits are more common among people with certain features, this should net people neither an advantage nor a disadvantage. Claiming everything good for yourself while telling everyone that dares to point out there might be flaws with you as well, does not make one a misogynist nor does it mean someone hates women (most of the time it is quite the opposite).

Now you guys can unleash your femen; show those nice smal - you know what - to me. Most entertaining form of protest ever, btw .
    Honestly though, how do those couples end up in the same guild... I mean, in real life, it is a questionable and, more often than not, a poor decision for both people to choose to work in the same place as your spouse, unless it is, of course, a small family business. If you go to the same raiding guild as your significant other, it is exactly as bad, for the exact same reason. I understand when sometimes a boyfriend and a girlfriend end up in the same guild, they are young and inexperienced, but adults, married people, with work experience, surely they would know better than that...

10+ Year Old Account
    This happened back during classic.

We were in the middle of a Zul'Gurub raid, when suddenly our raidleader and another one were kicked from the guild. No one knew what happend and asked the guild leader. We basically got this as an answer:
    "These two wanted to destroy the guild from within." Also a few new recruits who haven't been in there for long made a few inappropriate comments. Probably not their smartest move.

Roughly half the raid (me included) left the guild then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    Honestly though, how do those couples end up in the same guild... I mean, in real life, it is a questionable and, more often than not, a poor decision for both people to choose to work in the same place as your spouse, unless it is, of course, a small family business. If you go to the same raiding guild as your significant other, it is exactly as bad, for the exact same reason. I understand when sometimes a boyfriend and a girlfriend end up in the same guild, they are young and inexperienced, but adults, married people, with work experience, surely they would know better than that...
    We have about 7 or 8 adult (over 25) couples in our guild, most of them in raid teams. Absolutely no issues whatsoever, the most relaxed and healthiest atmosphere imaginable.