Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalus View Post
    • Switched at Birth I like for the story, and an interesting look at the deaf world.
    • Nikita has one final season of 6 eps starting soon.
    • Homeland was awesome for the first 2 seasons, heard 3 is very slow going thus far, but havn't started it yet
    • Person of Interest got really good end of last season, but it was always quite good.
    • Viking is the History Channels first attempt at a TV shows based on real events.
    • Comic Book Men is about the comic book store that Kevin Smith {aka. Silent Bob} owns
    • And Michael J FoX show is hilarious, good to see him back on TV more regularly instead of just guest appearances on The Good Wife.
    Wait wut, is Vikings made by history channel?! Damn, they ought to be ashamed then, that show is about as historically incorrect ad it gets...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    gave up on Suburgatory and didn't get into Switched at Birth - do you reckon that's worth a second chance.

Love Nikita, need to catch up on that, completley forgot.. and Homeland looks like it's worth a shot, liked the first episode .. so much to watch

I gave up on Person of Interest, not that it wasn't good, it wasn't bad and it just got lost in a long list or at one oft he tiems I hd to dial down to zero on the series watch and never quite met the reload cos i forgot and it mustn' have made that much of an impression

What's Vikings like ? sounds all Medieval... i do watch NCIS though, and CSI regularly, they're interesting enough to watch, but not really faves.

never heard of Comic book men, is that animation? and have kept thinking about checking out the Michael J Fox Show - is it something like Opera?
    How does Vikings sound medieval? It's not called Knights...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Tomorrow People

Watchable.. wouldnt say its my favorite but it kinda reminds me of that movie Jumper.

Once upon a time Alice in Wonderland

Not as good as Once Upon a Time.. and I can't stand the "new" queen of hearts. Fake blown up botox lips.. and the way she acts. I think they should have cast Regina from Once Upon a Time. She's a much better actress and much less predictable and one dimensional.

Anyway, my top 5 of new shows.

1. The Originals
    2. Once Upon a Time in Wonderland
    3. Sleepy Hollow
    4. Tomorrow People
    5. Agents of SHIELD (barely watchable when I have nothing better to do)

Favorite running shows

1. True Blood
    2. Game of Thrones
    3. Supernatural
    4. Vampire Diaries
    5. Falling Skies

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Best new series: Orphan Black

Best returning Series: Arrow

Best Overall series: Breaking Bad

Best series I really wish was better : Agents of Shield.
    Bless this list

gosh, so do I... Agents of Shield is rather disappointing. I'm desperately trying hard to really like it, but coming up short.

Never got past the first episode of Breaking Bad, will check it out tho to see if it's any good.. haven't seen Orphan black yet
    I like AoS, y'all heard me. It's fun, it's breezy, it's cheesy, it doesn't take itself incredulously serious. It's like on the polar opposite of drama of The Walking Dead or Breaking Bad, both shows that I love. It has this flaws, of course, but I just enjoy it for what it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    i watched sleepy hollow for about 15min but i couldnt help but just get a WTF is this shit feeling out of it
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

15+ Year Old Account
    Not going to go through every catagory that you suggested, I will list some of my favourite things this year though.

Breaking Bad was #1. Best drama, best characters, best writing. Its the full package and it's sad that it's gone. I'm happy they actually ended it while it was in it's prime though and not drag it out for 4 more seasons of nonsense.

Fav returning... Arrow. Not a massive fan, but it's pretty good for a Green Arrow adaptation. Downton Abbey, love that show. Sons of Anarchy is great too.

Most disappointing series had to be Dexter. They were just out of ideas and didn't know how to end it. They probably chose the least satisfying way.

Haven't been watching a whole lot of new stuff. Watched all of Educating Yorkshire which was pretty entertaining and inspiring. Also kinda liking Low Winter Sun. I'm kinda all over the place.

I'm also re-watching X-Files on and off.

Babylon 6, I wish. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Tomorrow People

Watchable.. wouldnt say its my favorite but it kinda reminds me of that movie Jumper.

Once upon a time Alice in Wonderland

Not as good as Once Upon a Time.. and I can't stand the "new" queen of hearts. Fake blown up botox lips.. and the way she acts. I think they should have cast Regina from Once Upon a Time. She's a much better actress and much less predictable and one dimensional.
    Yeah Regina is good, a big change form her previous show, the medical emergency drama that got cancelled. I sort of liked that one and how it seemed to be going.

Worse Medical drama:
    Royal Pains

but i did watch it, and funnily enough kinda liked the characters if not the theme. Really sad to see Monday Mornings go, I liked the twist it had.

Oh, another series that took a dive in it's second season:
    Harry's Law - brilliant first season and then they go generic second season..not surpirsed they got cancelled.. I mean ..who makes those decisions?

- - - Updated - - -

Liz, I'm surpirsed Walking Dead didn't make your top 5 nor REvolution

10+ Year Old Account
    Best new series: The Walking Dead
    (yes it's old, but new for me, so yeah sue me!)

Best returning Series: Modern Family

Best Overall series: Futurama

Best series I really wish was better: Agents of Shield
    -K

Deleted
    Liz, I'm surpirsed Walking Dead didn't make your top 5 nor REvolution
    Well, Walking Dead might have made it into my top 10. I really like that show too. Revolution on the other hand.. nah. It's watchable, sure, but not that great. It's predictable and main characters never die there while the rest get killed by the dozens. They always get captured and then escape somehow. If the creators of the show want to keep them alive, I think there are more believable ways to do it.

Black List is really really good IMO.

Deleted
    Best new series: The Black List.

Best returning series: The Walking Dead.

Best overall series: Game of Thrones.

At some point will watch first episodes of Orphan Black; The Sleepy Hollow; The Tomorrow People; and The Tunnel.

I do not watch much TV at all, so I am very selective about what I watch. At the moment the only other series I am watching is, Marvel Agents of SHIELD.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2013-10-21 at 03:29 AM.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Favorite new series is probably The Black List. James Spader is a great actor. There's way too many good returning shows to even list! Supernatural/Psych/Homeland/Modern Family/Parks & Rec/etc.

Not a huge fan of Sleepy Hollow but my friend does composite work for the show so I watch it to support him

Deleted
    Best new series: Vikings
    Best returning series: Vampire Diaries
    Best overall series: Arrested development
    Best series that got canceled: Primeval:New world(US)
    Complete garbage series I wish was actually good: Terra Nova

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished the 5th episode of Arrow, would definitely recommend it (so far). It's been gripping, good story, and looks good for future episodes (the 5th one was awesome).

Just finished chain watching the first 10 episodes of Orphan Black - i'm impressed, tha'ts not easy on tv shows, I'm awake. Noticed Dylan Bruce is a main char there, and also in Arrow - tha'ts quite the work load tho.. but I guess he's use to it if he did a daytime tv drama which is the polite word for a cheesy soap.

but then, he doesn't play a large role in all the episodes of Orphan Black, and has only appeared in 2 of Arrow.. so the work load is not high.. however Tatiyana... outstanding !! - playing all those roles, and they were believable.. HUGE work load, they should pay her extra for every character she plays, she deserves it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Just finished the 5th episode of Arrow, would definitely recommend it (so far). It's been gripping, good story, and looks good for future episodes (the 5th one was awesome).
    new season >?

10+ Year Old Account
    The first season, started watching it 2 days ago.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Elementary! I just did a marathon to catch up for the second season. I love Sherlock Holmes and this series does not disappoint.

The only new shows I've watched are

First episode of The Crazy Ones - shut it off halfway through.. never going to watch it again, even if everyone tells me it's great... just not interesting to me.
    First three of Super Fun Night - I wanted this to be good - thought it had potential after first episode.. have been disappointed since.
    Brooklyn Nine-Nine - I figured this would be crap, to be honest. I love Chelsea Peretti, and Joe La Truglia(sp?), but wasn't expecting much. The show is actually decent, though... I like the comparison between Andy Samberg and the captain (no idea what his name is)... pretty good stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently Breaking Bad gets my vote.

All time best : Deadwood

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    Bless this list
    glad you agree

I like AoS, y'all heard me. It's fun, it's breezy, it's cheesy, it doesn't take itself incredulously serious. It's like on the polar opposite of drama of The Walking Dead or Breaking Bad, both shows that I love. It has this flaws, of course, but I just enjoy it for what it is.
    I AM enjoying Agents of Shield... it's just I'm SUCH a huge Joss Whedon fan(currently re-watching buffy, gunna watch Angel after ), I was hoping it would be better... although I have to say episode 4 "Eye Spy" was a marked improvement , I hope they can continue to improve.

Also.. new category

Best new season that hasn't actually started yet, but you just know it's going to be fucking EPIC: Misfits, the final season starts on wednesday...gunna be LEGENDARY
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30