Thread: Moonkin 5.4 PVP

Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Moonkin 5.4 PVP

    I really don't understand why we received a starsurge nerf and no massive compensation yet? like its a known thing now among the pvp community that moonkins are NOT good at all this season.
    All blizzard need to do right now
    Make the 4 piece pvp moonkin bonus BASELINE "astral communion while moving" and change the 4 pc into something that gives us on demand damage.
    Is there anyone who disagree's with me and thinks that moonkins are absolutely fine atm in 3s.

  2. #2
    Boomys will always suck /thread

  3. #3
    The Patient Taiknee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Over thadda way
    Posts
    325
    The only thing keeping moonkins viable right now (imo) is their healing, and that's most likely going to get nerfed.

  4. #4
    Moonkin overall aint exactly great, DPS is low, AOE is low, PvP is poor but i still love the class so :P it is nice to do well and get reconised for it xD

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmoonn View Post
    I really don't understand why we received a starsurge nerf and no massive compensation yet?.
    because 120k starsurges weren't OP.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by koekai View Post
    because 120k starsurges weren't OP.
    Ur right it is overpowered...a rng starsurge crit that we have no control over whether it crits or not or whether it will do lots of damage...its also our only form of damage...starfire casts are 30-40k wrath casts are 20k-30k moonfire/sunfire ticks for a combined 5k-6k. Starsurge procs were our only form of damage in PvP and they want us to cast more without giving us a window to cast while training......so what the hell is going on?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Taiknee View Post
    The only thing keeping moonkins viable right now (imo) is their healing, and that's most likely going to get nerfed.
    If we dont have our healing right now then we are literally completely useless....LITERALLY....we do no damage no healing....people need to understand that our "strong healing" is our defensive - if we didnt have our healing we would be DEAD instantly.

    - - - Updated - - -

    im not asking for 120k starsurges again - im asking for damage that actually makes people play defensive...im asking for damage that we can setup for big hits/hit

  7. #7
    I have no idea why people think you should get compensated for nerfs. You get nerfed because you're too strong in some regard, if you get nerfed and the compensated for it you're just gonna be too strong again. Makes no sense.

    Run Boomkin/Lock in 2s, win every game. Run Boomkin/Rogue/Priest in 3s, you'll do fine. Boomkins are only bad because they're so easy to train, their damage is actually legit, they just need to be played with people that are good at peeling and preventing damage.

  8. #8
    Were we honestly that broken last season like RIDICOLOUSLY BROKEN that we deserved a huge nerf? thats what im asking? DID WE ACTUALLY deserve a nerf that GUTS our entire damage in 3s.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Theres also not 1 2.2k moonkin in 3s ON US RIGHT NOW IF U BOTHERED TO LOOK...i think that means we need a buff..."THEIR DAMAGE IS ACTUALLY LEGIT" ur actually quite dumb. In comparison to EVERY OTHER spec in 3s right now..moonkins do no damage.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Im actually just sick of people thinking they know what theyre talking about if moonkins are fine right now WOULDN'T THERE BE ONE ATLEAST AT 2.2K RIGHT NOW? LIKE JUST ONE ? IN THE ENTIRE US ? JUST ONE ???????????????????

    - - - Updated - - -

    Run boomkin/lock in 2s............so because we are strong in 2s we deserve to be terrible in 3s? is that your logic? mage/rogue is strong in 2s...mage/priest is strong in 2s....warrior/priest is strong in 2s? hunter priest is strong in 2s....with your logic - they all need to be nerfed for 3s amirite?

  9. #9
    I miss TBC style moonkin pvp When the set bonus was Wrath had a chance to reduce Starfire casts by 1.5 seconds, it feel more like a rapid fire class then

    However since the onset of Eclipses that went and now ._.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    I have no idea why people think you should get compensated for nerfs. You get nerfed because you're too strong in some regard, if you get nerfed and the compensated for it you're just gonna be too strong again. Makes no sense.

    Run Boomkin/Lock in 2s, win every game. Run Boomkin/Rogue/Priest in 3s, you'll do fine. Boomkins are only bad because they're so easy to train, their damage is actually legit, they just need to be played with people that are good at peeling and preventing damage.
    like how the f*** can u say moonkins are fine right now...2 multi glad moonkins cant even reach 2.2k.......................................................like seriously man.

  11. #11
    Titan apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    12,138
    For boomkin to have good damage you either need to your cds up and able to free cast or just get very lucky with starsurge. We pretty much die if we do not heal ourselves and do not kite. We can not do any real good damage while moving expect if we get starsurge procs. Our aoe rotation is pretty much none existent without our dots.

    I think our dps toolbox is a bit lacking and boring. We need another spell, or they need to actually change mushrooms and hurricane. Those spells are almost basically useless.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    For boomkin to have good damage you either need to your cds up and able to free cast or just get very lucky with starsurge. We pretty much die if we do not heal ourselves and do not kite. We can not do any real good damage while moving expect if we get starsurge procs. Our aoe rotation is pretty much none existent without our dots.

    I think our dps toolbox is a bit lacking and boring. We need another spell, or they need to actually change mushrooms and hurricane. Those spells are almost basically useless.
    so we need a change for sure? some guy like a few posts ago is like "moonkins are fine" they certainly aren't fine right now we definately need something else or a buff.

  13. #13
    Dreadlord Deruyter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    779
    I'm enjoying boomkin in PvP more than any other class at the moment.

    High skillcap and being the underdog = more fun for me

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Straamibuu View Post
    I miss TBC style moonkin pvp When the set bonus was Wrath had a chance to reduce Starfire casts by 1.5 seconds, it feel more like a rapid fire class then

    However since the onset of Eclipses that went and now ._.
    This, or even WotLK Eclipse style.

    Moonkins are absolute dogshit, but we're not awesome either. We were OP all of MoP and now we get knocked off of our godly pedestal the crying comes out.

    I've been doing some 2s and 3s and am actually enjoying it. Warlock/Boomkin in 2s has some absolutely retarded pressure. For 3s, Moonkin/Rogue/x, LSD2 (Destro and Aff.), Moonkin/Mage/x (Spicy Chicken and Frost) and DK/Moonkin.RSham are very strong comps. I still land 80-90k Starsurges (outside of Incarnation and CA) and still get a ton of Shooting Stars procs.

    We do, however, need some compensation like making hardcasting a bit more worthwhile, and a bit more damage outside of cooldowns.

  15. #15
    Did an arena as hpal/hunter vs boomie/afflic lock. (we went for lock and tried treating boomie as a resto)
    My hunter partner did 940k damage I did 1.3 mil healing
    The boomie did 840k damage and 540k healing.
    Moral of the story - boomies are good if played right (and he also made his share of mistakes, sucked with cycloning)

  16. #16
    Titan apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    12,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Decorpse View Post
    Did an arena as hpal/hunter vs boomie/afflic lock. (we went for lock and tried treating boomie as a resto)
    My hunter partner did 940k damage I did 1.3 mil healing
    The boomie did 840k damage and 540k healing.
    Moral of the story - boomies are good if played right (and he also made his share of mistakes, sucked with cycloning)
    But only if they heal, that is what is wrong with them.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    But only if they heal, that is what is wrong with them.
    What makes that wrong? Thats just the way to play them effectively.
    They are the hybrid class leaning towards healer the most (yes at a small expense to damage) If you choose to play boomie like a mage, whos problem is that?

  18. #18
    Titan apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    12,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Decorpse View Post
    What makes that wrong? Thats just the way to play them effectively.
    They are the hybrid class leaning towards healer the most (yes at a small expense to damage) If you choose to play boomie like a mage, whos problem is that?
    No. I want to play as a dps class. I don't mind having to heal, aslong as it is not required.

    You know what? Fuck it, I am going to try to get a rbg team to take me to heal as a boomkin. Lets have the hilarity ensue.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    No. I want to play as a dps class. I don't mind having to heal, aslong as it is not required.

    You know what? Fuck it, I am going to try to get a rbg team to take me to heal as a boomkin. Lets have the hilarity ensue.
    Healing as a Boomkin has always been expected, but it is not our main purpose; never has.

    It's like a Mage refusing to use Evocation or a Warlock refusing to use all of their healing abilities because they are just there to damage. It works the other way as well; healers are expected to help land a kill, but it's not their main purpose. People should go watch players stream 2s and 3s and you will see the healers do some dps and vice-versa.

  20. #20
    Titan apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    12,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Laptop View Post
    Healing as a Boomkin has always been expected, but it is not our main purpose; never has.

    It's like a Mage refusing to use Evocation or a Warlock refusing to use all of their healing abilities because they are just there to damage. It works the other way as well; healers are expected to help land a kill, but it's not their main purpose. People should go watch players stream 2s and 3s and you will see the healers do some dps and vice-versa.
    But their is a difference from a warlock using all of his healing spells and ours, their healing spells have cds, ours do not. Theirs is only to heal themselves, ours is not. Us using out healing spells is more akin to a mage or warlock fearing rather than what you are thinking.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •