Thread: Moonkin 5.4 PVP

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    But their is a difference from a warlock using all of his healing spells and ours, their healing spells have cds, ours do not. Theirs is only to heal themselves, ours is not. Us using out healing spells is more akin to a mage or warlock fearing rather than what you are thinking.
    That's not correct at all. It doesn't matter if their healing spells only heal themselves. You can even throw Healthstone into this equation. I mean, you don't have to use your Healthstone/Warlock abilities, but if your partner is CCd it'd be pretty stupid not to use them. For Moonkins, if your partner is CCd or being focused and can't heal himself you're not going to be like "No, I'm dps...good luck!" Your original argument about being a pure healer is spot on though, and I agreed with you on that.

from a point of view of lock, boomkins always sucked in pvp on the other hand now all what boomkins do its spam moonfire :P like in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y25XCwOBSUQ

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laptop View Post
    That's not correct at all. It doesn't matter if their healing spells only heal themselves. You can even throw Healthstone into this equation. I mean, you don't have to use your Healthstone/Warlock abilities, but if your partner is CCd it'd be pretty stupid not to use them. For Moonkins, if your partner is CCd or being focused and can't heal himself you're not going to be like "No, I'm dps...good luck!" Your original argument about being a pure healer is spot on though, and I agreed with you on that.
    Yes, that is the correct way it should be used, but I should not have to spam my healing spells the whole game to win, I want to win like other dps classes do. Healing just a little if someone needs I am fine with that, but we can not do enough offensive pressure to get a kill without our cds or rng so we are forced to wait and survive until that happens.

I am starting to think I am more of a healing class that can do okayish dps instead of a good damage class that has okayish healing. One example that has done it right is a mistweaver, mistweavers do good healing but have okayish dps.

Our cds need to change the way we play, they are just straight up damage increases, those are boring.
    Last edited by apepi; 2013-10-21 at 11:28 PM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

You should reroll a mage or lock or warrior or dk or ww monk or rogue or hunter...

It's a high skill cap spec. I've met one with my destruction lock and floored me. It was actually a long fight, he won out at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    It's a high skill cap spec. I've met one with my destruction lock and floored me. It was actually a long fight, he won out at the end.
    A good moonkin will also wreck any melee with little issue. Druids are by far the best kiting class in the game bar none; this includes ALL of their specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

not gonna deny that we are AMAZING at kiting with the treant roots - what you guys need to understand is though - we trade treant roots for incarnation which is LITERALLY supposed to be our big damage increase spell - Not sure if anyone is aware but celestial alignment doesnt actually BUFF your damage essentially - like its not going to make your starsurges hit harder - It pretty much just puts u into both eclipses at once but you still do the damage you would do in eclipse - even though for like 15 seconds we only need to dot all 3 arena targets once each rather than 3 times each....and as much as people like to say moonkins are fine because of EU.
    Youve got 3 multi glad moonkins Mairimoron Iamzod and Robosofresh who cannot reach 2.2k on US there was one other moonkin who actually reached 2.2k but i forget his name.

- - - Updated - - -

The healing is AMAZING i love it - but im pretty sure most moonkins would trade the strong healing into some strong damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmoonn View Post
    not gonna deny that we are AMAZING at kiting with the treant roots - what you guys need to understand is though - we trade treant roots for incarnation which is LITERALLY supposed to be our big damage increase spell - Not sure if anyone is aware but celestial alignment doesnt actually BUFF your damage essentially - like its not going to make your starsurges hit harder - It pretty much just puts u into both eclipses at once but you still do the damage you would do in eclipse - even though for like 15 seconds we only need to dot all 3 arena targets once each rather than 3 times each....and as much as people like to say moonkins are fine because of EU.
    Youve got 3 multi glad moonkins Mairimoron Iamzod and Robosofresh who cannot reach 2.2k on US there was one other moonkin who actually reached 2.2k but i forget his name.

- - - Updated - - -

The healing is AMAZING i love it - but im pretty sure most moonkins would trade the strong healing into some strong damage.
    Celestial Alignment increases damage done by Arcane and Nature spells by 15%. With Starsurge being Spellstorm damage, it benefits from this increases along with the rest of our spells.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    all what boomkins do its spam moonfire :P l
    What's wrong with Moonfire spam? It's instant so it can't be interupted and dmg is not bad at all ...

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    A good moonkin will also wreck any melee with little issue. Druids are by far the best kiting class in the game bar none; this includes ALL of their specs.
    This.

A good druid will be difficult to catch. A excellent druid will never be caught.

I wouldn't go that far, but moonkins do seem generally too strong versus melee. As is pointed out in this thread, however, this isn't resulting in them dominating the charts. While that's likely not that important for a class with three specs (aka, there's more moonkins than combat rogues, right?), it's still showing that the spec's sometimes unfair strengths in some areas are often handled entirely by weaknesses that they aren't able to compensate for, and the net result is a spec that isn't that repped at high level.

Quote Originally Posted by Laptop View Post
    Celestial Alignment increases damage done by Arcane and Nature spells by 15%. With Starsurge being Spellstorm damage, it benefits from this increases along with the rest of our spells.
    No depending on your mastery the tooltip will say how much increase in % damage you get - for example im at 23.88 mastery which means i get 38% increased damage with the cooldown - but when i go into lunar eclipse - i get 38% increase damage on starfire/starfall/moonfire/starsurge and solar eclipse Wrath/hurricane/sunfire/starsurge. What celestial alignment does essentially is just puts us into eclipse - resets the cd on starfall etc - but it will not make your starsurge hit harder than when your in lunar eclipse.

- - - Updated - - -

Like you will do more damage output with it out because of the dots and starfall - but as far as casting things go - your doing pretty much the same amount of damage as you would be doing in lunar eclipse.

- - - Updated - - -

check it on a dummy if you don't believe me.

People need to understand that every class has its strengths and weaknesses, counter classes etc.
    No class can be great at everything and every class should have a counter class. The only somewhat of a counter class to warriors imo is ww monk.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decorpse View Post
    People need to understand that every class has its strengths and weaknesses, counter classes etc.
    No class can be great at everything and every class should have a counter class. The only somewhat of a counter class to warriors imo is ww monk.
    Mistweaver?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Mistweaver?
    Windwalker

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decorpse View Post
    Windwalker
    You don't think a mistweaver can not counter a warrior like a windwalker does?

You don't think a mistweaver can not counter a warrior like a windwalker does?
    He obviously never came up against a competent mistweaver

Quote Originally Posted by Batmoonn View Post
    No depending on your mastery the tooltip will say how much increase in % damage you get - for example im at 23.88 mastery which means i get 38% increased damage with the cooldown - but when i go into lunar eclipse - i get 38% increase damage on starfire/starfall/moonfire/starsurge and solar eclipse Wrath/hurricane/sunfire/starsurge. What celestial alignment does essentially is just puts us into eclipse - resets the cd on starfall etc - but it will not make your starsurge hit harder than when your in lunar eclipse.

- - - Updated - - -

Like you will do more damage output with it out because of the dots and starfall - but as far as casting things go - your doing pretty much the same amount of damage as you would be doing in lunar eclipse.

- - - Updated - - -

check it on a dummy if you don't believe me.
    Yeah, I don't. So I went to a dummy.

With Celestial Alignment

Without Celestial Alignment

Clearly there is a damage increase.

Edit: Sorry, I'm stupid with image uploads.

No. I want to play as a dps class. I don't mind having to heal, aslong as it is not required.

You know what? Fuck it, I am going to try to get a rbg team to take me to heal as a boomkin. Lets have the hilarity ensue.
    I just played some games last night with my frost DK buddy and basically all I was doing was Off-healing because the damage I was doing was so bad :S. I wanted to LAZERCHICKEN but it felt more like "pew pew! Oh sorry! Did that tickle too much? I'll just calm down....".

10+ Year Old Account
    Bat is correct, it doesn't make your spells any stronger than a normal ecplise (other than the fact that both are active, so both of your DoTs can benefit).

The reason the damage is different in those images is because the first starsurge isn't under the effects of ecplise, while the second pic is via CA.
    Professional's Guide to: Upgrading Your Computer
    Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    Legion PvP is so bad that Holinka is handing out titles for watching the arena championships.