View Poll Results: What should they do with mailboxes?

Voters
400. You may not vote on this poll
  • Make it an interface function.

66 16.50%
  • Mailbox object in our bags.

6 1.50%
  • Leave them as they are.

328 82.00%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Minimap solution: Stop tracking them. Availability everywhere? Go engineering. Even though they are basically in every town, small town, and your neighbours porch anyway.
    Valar Morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    if it aint broke - Dont fix it
    Well said Sigma

Why did Blizzard remove the mailbox at the Silvermoon City Bazaar bank?

Lets just remove raid and everything else and have our characters decked out in the best gear and everything else when we log in. Problem solved. No need for the AH, mail, travel etc. Zero effort required.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Having it part of character interface wouldn't be a bad idea, but I don't agree with your reasoning for it. They hardly standout so having them everywhere is hardly an issue, and if they are "littering" your minimap...turn track mailboxes off.

Ugh, I'll just leave this thread be. Too many know-it-alls so focused on appearing clever by pointing out that you can toggle off mailboxes on the mini-map, or that it's only a short walk finding a mailbox, that they don't even bother to read what I'm saying.

"Mail boxes should stay, stop being so lazy and quit trying to make the game too convenient! Brb, gotta get back to my alt-tabbed game where my flying mount is currently num-locked in the direction of the Timeless Isle, where I'll be getting some free loot for all my alts before I send them all in to beat Garrosh within two days of trying SoO in the Raid Finder, without speaking a word to anybody."
    Last edited by Mojo Risin; 2013-10-20 at 09:44 PM.
    "Good morning!" said Bilbo, and he meant it. The sun was shining, and the grass was very green. But Gandalf looked at him from under long bushy eyebrows that stuck out farther than the brim of his shady hat.

Author of: Mount 2.0 (MMO-Champion Thread)
    Author of: World Enhancement Patch 1.0 (MMO-Champion Thread)

Behind her rifle, in that tree you just passed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    What ho,

I'm usually against conveniences in games. I want there to be a bit of an effort to do things, as well as immersion in the game world.

But lately, mailboxes have started bugging me.

• They litter the mini-map and take up space around it.
    • They are everywhere in towns nowadays, which is not only illogical but also looks daft.
    • They force you to go somewhere just to trade with your alt or receive some money from the Auction House, or when you receive a letter from an NPC.

Why not take the Guild Wars 2 route and place the mailbox in the interface? If you want it to make sense lore-wise, just say the Ethereals did it.
    your list of complaints have zero practical applications at all. Considering the first and second reasons you give cancel out the third what exactly is the issue? Mailboxes are everywhere, you need not move more than a few yards to bump into one, yet you feel forced to go to one just to use it? there's nothing illogical at all about placing them in volume for convenience, not to mention making it a lot harder for some moron to hang everyone up by parking their mammoth over the only mailbox in a subzone.
    If it's not an elf, leave it on the shelf.
    Night Elf Independence Movement

Limitations makes every game better and more interesting.
    First you can take mail from interface option, then you can use auction house everywhere you want, and then you have no need to go elsewhere, you'll just ride at the bank's roof stay there in one place and they logout.

It's subjective, although many feel they do so because they take players out of the game world and almost serve as a sort of speed-train from location to location.

It's really not subjective at all though, because it is entirely optional. You can choose for yourself to not fly and keep your precious (and horribly played out) "immersion", while your idea simply forces convenience with no alternative.

To the main point of the thread though, this is seriously a very silly and minor thing to have an issue with.

Ugh, I'll just leave this thread be. Too many know-it-alls so focused on appearing clever by pointing out that you can toggle off mailboxes on the mini-map, or that it's only a short walk finding a mailbox, that they don't even bother to read what I'm saying.

"Mail boxes should stay, stop being so lazy and quit trying to make the game too convenient! Brb, gotta get back to my alt-tabbed game where my flying mount is currently num-locked in the direction of the Timeless Isle, where I'll be getting some free loot for all my alts before I send them all in to beat Garrosh within two days of trying SoO in the Raid Finder, without speaking a word to anybody."
    Oh, so you needed to whine about something to do with wow, glad you posted that last paragraph and made your intentions clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Oh, so you needed to whine about something to do with wow, glad you posted that last paragraph and made your intentions clear.
    Like I said before, when they barely have anything to complain about they need to find moot points and the most senseless of things, because they barely have much to complain about. Lots of people do that in this forum.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-10-20 at 11:28 PM.

One of the worst ideas and threads in awhile, well done OP
    The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it.- George Carlin

I personally prefer the aesthetics of multiple mailboxes everywhere. You go into a city? Little blue mailboxes everywhere. Towns? Also little blue mailboxes everywhere. So why shouldnt there be similar "mass mailboxes" for WoW?
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Oerba Yun Fang View Post
    But pulling a mount out of your ass makes total sense, am I right? :P
    But dying and running back to your corpse does?

There is a lot of things in wow that wouldnt work in the real world and makes little to no sense.

But as for the Mailbox issue. Most ppl like it for the aesthetics.

Now for the op and any others. If you wish to have things like Guildswars but still play wow then we should prbly get them to agree to make World of Guildcraftingwars.

Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    nerf mailboxes?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Happy Hunting! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

[*]They litter the mini-map and take up space around it.
    You know you can turn that off, right?

leave it. Blizzard has better things to fix/add.

Troll altoholic | Windrunner and Barthilas Horde

I'd like this only because I'd get bag space back sooner

I can't really imagine a reason why they should be removed. If mailboxes bother someone that much they might be a little over-sensitive.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

Wow, the OP must be really bored.