Poll: What should they do with mailboxes?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I'm tired of World of Menucraft. Leave mailboxes as they are please.

Has anybody pointed out that in Guild Wars 2, you still have to go to the Auctioneers to pick up your money and items? Or at least it was that way last time I logged in; I haven't really touched GW2 for a while.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leave them as they are (as physical things in-game), but reduce the amount you can find in cities. It's fairly ridiculous how many there are in any 1 city. It's like with Starbucks-leave one and then look across the street and there's another. Say with Stormwind, have 1-2 in each district, just not as close together.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's a quest chain in LotRO in Hobbiton where all you do is deliver mail without getting detected by nosy people. It's literally a chain about going to mailboxes. I'm going to take this as some sort of sign that the universe is not on your side and say that mailboxes are just fine.

I don't need all reality removed from a game to facilitate a (minor) convenience. I mean why have flight masters when we could just use the map to teleport like GW2 right? Let's just remove all NPCs and let us do repairs in the field, buy items from a UI interface, etc. Why even have to log on to do any of this? Let's just make WoW a browser game.

Pointlessly slippery slope.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I love my mailboxes, please don't do anything to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is most weirdest thread made ever, removing mailboxes? o.o
    What's next? removing flight paths, because they are in the way? =/
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    "I'm against convenience in games"

Kill yourself

Infracted, keep it civil.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2013-10-22 at 12:45 PM.
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Deleted
    Never lose gameplay to a menu button. Blizzard must have learned this by now.

Should AH also be a menu button? Should be just remove all NPCs? It's a WORLD of Warcraft, it should not be accessed by menu buttons. Blizzard must have learned this since the amount of subscribers have dropped dramatically since the introduction of the Dungeon Finder.

Leave them as they are.

i have no issues with mailboxes or the mail system and i've been around since classic and seen the system in a few different stages now

I like them being a physical interactive thing in the world. I've played other games where mail is just an inventory menu and it loses the charm of receiving something and going to the mailbox excited to see what it is. If anything, i think Blizzard has added too many mailboxes lately.

15+ Year Old Account
    Eh no. I like the mailboxes, and it's not weird that they're all around town. You know, in real life, there's one for every house.

Deleted
    No point in changing something that works.
    Mailboxes are a reason to come back to town sometimes, without them, cities would be ghost towns.
    Also they added so many mailboxes, you don't have to run far to find one.
    The mail system could be upgraded on a lot of subjects, but I fail to see why it should be removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    They still stay as they are, gives the feel of having possibilities. Having it yourself (Interface function, or bag function) all seem to ruin the feel.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Turn off mailboxes on your minimap. Problem solved.
    The only thing that looks daft are the people who complain about someting as silly as mailboxes.
    If mailboxes are everywhere how on earth are you forced to go 'somewhere' to empty it out.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    Eh no. I like the mailboxes, and it's not weird that they're all around town. You know, in real life, there's one for every house.
    in real life people only have one mailbox too

should they let you pick a 'home' mailbox and you can only check your mail from there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    What ho,

I'm usually against conveniences in games. I want there to be a bit of an effort to do things, as well as immersion in the game world.

But lately, mailboxes have started bugging me.

• They litter the mini-map and take up space around it.
    • They are everywhere in towns nowadays, which is not only illogical but also looks daft.
    • They force you to go somewhere just to trade with your alt or receive some money from the Auction House, or when you receive a letter from an NPC.

Why not take the Guild Wars 2 route and place the mailbox in the interface? If you want it to make sense lore-wise, just say the Ethereals did it.
    Having a mailbox in the UI would make engineers less useful.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    in real life people only have one mailbox too

should they let you pick a 'home' mailbox and you can only check your mail from there?
    That would not make a difference to me. I tend to always use the same mailbox.

Yeah! Let's take away another benefit of being an engineer! /s