Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Nothing new here folks. The right didn't even wait until the bill came into effect to declare it a failure, nothing is going to change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    half a million applied they expect 7million enrolled
    By the deadline.

We're 20 days in to a 6 month process. A lot of people aren't going to get on this right away.

and according to the insurance guys, people are having to make up to 7 applications before they can enroll, so the number is closer to 100k in 3 weeks, at this rate they could get as many as 2 million!
    Now you're just making stuff up. We don't have data on how many have successfully enrolled, because that information isn't out there.

And regardless; the website hasn't been working well, particularly as the shutdown was timed to mess with it, but that'll resolve itself fairly quickly. And despite those issues, they still had half a million applicants in the first 20 days.

Unless you're looking for a reason to justify your insistance that the ACA must fail, it's on the road to success.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    By the deadline.

We're 20 days in to a 6 month process. A lot of people aren't going to get on this right away.

Now you're just making stuff up. We don't have data on how many have successfully enrolled, because that information isn't out there.

And regardless; the website hasn't been working well, particularly as the shutdown was timed to mess with it, but that'll resolve itself fairly quickly. And despite those issues, they still had half a million applicants in the first 20 days.

Unless you're looking for a reason to justify your insistance that the ACA must fail, it's on the road to success.
    i feel i should point out that 500k applications in 20 days multiplied by 9, to equal 180days or roughly 6 monthes, is still only about 4.5million so its below the number they will need per 20 day period, this is assuming that all 500k applications enrolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Lol'd. Of course it's all Obamas fault, and his government, cos they are all experts in licensing and coding and knew this was happening!

Try this for size: company hired to make the website, they used pirated code, the blame lies with them and them only. You really think Obama sits at home looking at his websites source code? Get a grip.
    You sound like the response that every CEO gives when their company does something wrong. The president is the CEO of the US government. US government does something wrong, which includes contracting, he takes the blame. Your response is more of a "I am a liberal no matter what" mentality, which is funny, because when the big oil spill in the gulf happened did you blame the CEO of BP since he was the head of their company?

You can go ahead and stop with the excuse train that everyone in the US currently likes to ride for free these days.

That incident shows that GPL is an attempt to steal the other people's code, and not a 'free' license.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    That incident shows that GPL is an attempt to steal the other people's code, and not a 'free' license.
    Care to explain your reasoning on that? Because your post doesn't seem to even have passing contact with reality.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    That's fine. Because the sequel is a Single-Payer system.
    I keep telling you guys, Single-Payer is the way to go.

I'm the Canadian equivalent to a "tea-partier" and even I swear by single-payer healthcare.

I mean honestly. When it comes to something as life or death or as influencing on the quality of peoples lives as health care, I don't give a fuck about free market principals.

And even though the other G20 countries have started making a comeback Canada is still rockin it in #1 economically. So I can assure you it's not going to wreck your economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post

I'm the Canadian equivalent to a "tea-partier" and even I swear by single-payer healthcare.

I mean honestly. When it comes to something as life or death or as influencing on the quality of peoples lives as health care, I don't give a fuck about free market principals.

And even though the other G20 countries have started making a comeback Canada is still rockin it in #1 economically. So I can assure you it's not going to wreck your economy.
    Anyone with a brain knows single-payer is the way to go.

Sadly america is populated by sheeple. Yes my fellow countrymen I mean you. (not necessarily you reading this just the sheeple in general, we both know they're there.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

I was going to apply, and then I found out on MMO-C that the site was using GPL code without the proper attribution. Like most sites on the Internet!??!

*gasp*

No wait, already got great coverage through ACA. Crisis averted.
    Is this the level of mud being flung now? Has the Tea Party sunk that low? I almost feel sorry for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    i feel i should point out that 500k applications in 20 days multiplied by 9, to equal 180days or roughly 6 monthes, is still only about 4.5million so its below the number they will need per 20 day period, this is assuming that all 500k applications enrolled
    And as I pointed out to you in your other thread, which you blissfully ignore, an application is for a family, not a person. And that "application" is as far as you can get at the moment, until the insurance companies process it and it becomes "enrollment".

Have you no shame?
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dyzz View Post
    You sound like the response that every CEO gives when their company does something wrong. The president is the CEO of the US government. US government does something wrong, which includes contracting, he takes the blame. Your response is more of a "I am a liberal no matter what" mentality, which is funny, because when the big oil spill in the gulf happened did you blame the CEO of BP since he was the head of their company?

You can go ahead and stop with the excuse train that everyone in the US currently likes to ride for free these days.
    If it's out of his hands.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2013-10-21 at 04:16 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post

Right, except the opposition(and your apparent compatriots) live in a separate reality in which buying private insurance constitutes a government takeover of healthcare. Imagine what they'd do if/when single payer was on it's way...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    I was going to apply, and then I found out on MMO-C that the site was using GPL code without the proper attribution. Like most sites on the Internet!??!
    Can you back that claim up?

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    *gasp*

No wait, already got great coverage through ACA. Crisis averted.
    Is this the level of mud being flung now? Has the Tea Party sunk that low? I almost feel sorry for them.
    This isn't a Tea Party complaint, it's a Open-Source/anti-capitalist complaint. Believe it or not, it's actually possible to disapprove of Obama's actions for reasons completely disconnected from right wing-nuttery.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    If it's out of his hands.
    He's still responsible for it. That's pretty much the definition of being in charge. Unlike his defenders, Obama seems to understand that, given his recent speech. Or, <godwin>was Hitler not responsible for the Holocaust, since he left it to the SS to handle the pesky details?</godwin>
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

I'm pissed we spent 600 mil on this turd, and I can only imagine how much more we're going to spend before it's all over. It's already 7 times over budget, and it doesn't work. Pecking through those numbers in the linked report, it seems we spent almost 40 mil on QA activities. That's awesome.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    That's fine. Because the sequel is a Single-Payer system.
    \

Awwwwwwww YEAH!

Single payer is really the only way to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's still responsible for it. That's pretty much the definition of being in charge. Unlike his defenders, Obama seems to understand that, given his recent speech. Or, <godwin>was Hitler not responsible for the Holocaust, since he left it to the SS to handle the pesky details?</godwin>

I can put your argument to the side because this isn't even remotely close to what Hitler did. NOT EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE. You insult those that were affected by the Holocaust just by comparing the two.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I can put your argument to the side because this isn't even remotely close to what Hitler did. NOT EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE. You insult those that were affected by the Holocaust just by comparing the two.
    Mea culpa for including the Godwin, I just couldn't resist.

But that doesn't change the fact that Obama is, by virtue of his position, ultimately responsible for what his administration does, even if he personally does not have direct control of it. And it's his entire administration (and that of Bush the Lesser before him) that operates under a massively hypocritical double-standard. The Justice Department will cheerfully see individuals challenging the government/corporate system hounded for the most minor of illegal actions, but when the government and its agents make similar violations of the law, it's ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Obama isn't a dictator.

I am just asking because I honestly don't know, but if you don't credit someone for something that is open source, is that illegal?

Since I am a filmmaker / editor I mainly deal with footage and things of that nature. When something is creative commons you usually have to credit your source in order to use it. Sometimes you don't but the place you downloaded the footage would have a disclaimer letting you know. And of course Royalty free footage, once you pay for it, you can use it without crediting.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Mea culpa for including the Godwin, I just couldn't resist.

But that doesn't change the fact that Obama is, by virtue of his position, ultimately responsible for what his administration does, even if he personally does not have direct control of it. And it's his entire administration (and that of Bush the Lesser before him) that operates under a massively hypocritical double-standard. The Justice Department will cheerfully see individuals challenging the government/corporate system hounded for the most minor of illegal actions, but when the government and its agents make similar violations of the law, it's ignored.
    I don't care, he's not a dictator. The fact you godwined yourself just shows how persistent you want to hang Obama on the White House for all to see.

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    I am just asking because I honestly don't know, but if you don't credit someone for something that is open source, is that illegal?

Since I am a filmmaker / editor I mainly deal with footage and things of that nature. When something is creative commons you usually have to credit your source in order to use it. Sometimes you don't but the place you downloaded the footage would have a disclaimer letting you know. And of course Royalty free footage, once you pay for it, you can use it without crediting.
    It's a violation of copyright. Permission to use the GPL work is only granted under a set of conditions, which includes crediting the original creator. There are other licenses, such as BSD, which do not have the same restrictions and let you do whatever you want with the code.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-