Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Hmm, you're sub though. It was definitely showing for our assassination rogues too.

  2. #22
    Hello guys.
    I'm using this thread to ask some questions.

    I've just started the progression on this boss.
    I'm actually combat but I think i'll go back to Sub for the encounter.
    However I'd like to know :

    Can I shadowstep someone on the belt? I've seen some hunters going on the belt using disengage. If they do so, can I counter the debuff this way to make a fix team (hunter - rogue) on the belt ?
    What about tunneling the boss ? I've seen some 390k+ dps on some videos.
    Any tips to guess how not to get burn on the belt ? It seems like it is the same pattern all the time, but not sure.

    Thank you anyway.
    Cheers.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaluna View Post
    Hello guys.
    I'm using this thread to ask some questions.

    I've just started the progression on this boss.
    I'm actually combat but I think i'll go back to Sub for the encounter.
    However I'd like to know :

    Can I shadowstep someone on the belt? I've seen some hunters going on the belt using disengage. If they do so, can I counter the debuff this way to make a fix team (hunter - rogue) on the belt ?
    What about tunneling the boss ? I've seen some 390k+ dps on some videos.
    Any tips to guess how not to get burn on the belt ? It seems like it is the same pattern all the time, but not sure.

    Thank you anyway.
    Cheers.
    We tried shadowstep, it works out of the fight but when the fight actually starts it's like there's a LoS barrier between the main platform and the belt, and we weren't able to shadowstep on our hunters. On the other hand, I suggest you really do make part of the belt team anyways, rogues are pretty much one of the best classes at it, and combat should be able to provide more consistent damage up there. And yeah, the pattern is the same all the time, but easier is probably remembering that the safe spot shifts one place left every ~5 seconds.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

    i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

  4. #24
    Combat actually is really good now that we can't do every belt which was where sub had a large bonus. I'm doing between 8 and 11 million a belt which is easily enough to do it with 4. My large variance probably has a lot to do with us sending 6 (more like 5.5 because our monk is strangely bad at it, he can go up twice as much and I still somehow do more) so I end up doing a lot more if one of them is dead because it lives longer.

    You could tunnel the boss. I'm sure I could do 390k sitting on the boss too, but there are lots of other classes better off tunneling.

  5. #25
    I play in 10 man guild and i am Subtlety for siegecrafter hc with Heirloom dagger normal and fyn dagger from tot hc,on the first weapon(we use hero on the pull) i manage to solo it even with these shit weapons.Really like sub for this fight.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmgewehr86 View Post
    I play in 10 man guild and i am Subtlety for siegecrafter hc with Heirloom dagger normal and fyn dagger from tot hc,on the first weapon(we use hero on the pull) i manage to solo it even with these shit weapons.Really like sub for this fight.
    Are you saying you switched to sub despite having crap weapons? Or are you just unlucky and happen to have crap weapons? For a guild on siegecrafter heroic, I'd guess you would have at least 1 heroic mh and if so, you would do far more as combat using that.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Are you saying you switched to sub despite having crap weapons? Or are you just unlucky and happen to have crap weapons? For a guild on siegecrafter heroic, I'd guess you would have at least 1 heroic mh and if so, you would do far more as combat using that.
    Yes i did and no Heroic dagger hasn't dropped for me despite tossing 2 coins on every reset(as i mentioned in my whiny thread in the rogue forum ).I was pointing out that even with Normal weapon sub seems to be very viable with shadowdance , and soloing the first weapon isn't an issue i sometimes kill it at the second lazer line(1.2mil evis crit ftw) .Here is what i do - on the one in hte pull countdown timer i prepot and restealth , jump in the pipe when the assembly line appears and while there i jump towards the spawn lazer line and target the weapon i am supposed to kill (mines in my case).As soon as u target it u start to gain combo points i open with garrote and immediatly use hemo( i use the glyph for hemo veins), never use rupture since there is no time for full duration and pop SD//SB and start nuking its ass.I tried to do it different in the pull - target siegecrafter on 1 pull timer pot restealth and jump in the pipe - u gain combos on the siege but i noticed that the combo gains proc your RPPM trinket(harrom talisman in my case) and thus wasting the proc.Even with the waste i still amanage to kill it but those 1 mil + eviscerates felt too good to me .
    Update: Forget to mention - on the next times it is my turn i redirect combo points HaT stacks on the boss on the weapon and use rupture - i feel it is a waste only on the first one i solo with heroism.
    Offtopic: Can anyone tell me exactly what is the CD on Shadow blades with heroic Assurance of Consequence 2/2(574 ilevel). The calculator says it is 1 min 34 seconds is this correct? ( 48% reduction on 180 seconds)
    Last edited by Sturmgewehr86; 2013-11-29 at 12:59 PM.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmgewehr86 View Post
    Yes i did and no Heroic dagger hasn't dropped for me despite tossing 2 coins on every reset(as i mentioned in my whiny thread in the rogue forum ).I was pointing out that even with Normal weapon sub seems to be very viable with shadowdance , and soloing the first weapon isn't an issue i sometimes kill it at the second lazer line(1.2mil evis crit ftw) .Here is what i do - on the one in hte pull countdown timer i prepot and restealth , jump in the pipe when the assembly line appears and while there i jump towards the spawn lazer line and target the weapon i am supposed to kill (mines in my case).As soon as u target it u start to gain combo points i open with garrote and immediatly use hemo( i use the glyph for hemo veins), never use rupture since there is no time for full duration and pop SD//SB and start nuking its ass.I tried to do it different in the pull - target siegecrafter on 1 pull timer pot restealth and jump in the pipe - u gain combos on the siege but i noticed that the combo gains proc your RPPM trinket(harrom talisman in my case) and thus wasting the proc.Even with the waste i still amanage to kill it but those 1 mil + eviscerates felt too good to me .
    Update: Forget to mention - on the next times it is my turn i redirect combo points HaT stacks on the boss on the weapon and use rupture - i feel it is a waste only on the first one i solo with heroism.
    Offtopic: Can anyone tell me exactly what is the CD on Shadow blades with heroic Assurance of Consequence 2/2(574 ilevel). The calculator says it is 1 min 34 seconds is this correct? ( 48% reduction on 180 seconds)
    No, the CD is 2 minutes and 0.04 of a minute, or about 2 seconds and a half. It's not CD reduction but rather CD increased recovery rate, which means every second is worth 1.48 'standard cd seconds' instead of 1. If it were CD reduction every second would be almost 2 'standard cd seconds'. And he was just pointing out that going combat with better weapon would still provide much better results, not sure what your reply was for.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

    i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    No, the CD is 2 minutes and 0.04 of a minute, or about 2 seconds and a half. It's not CD reduction but rather CD increased recovery rate, which means every second is worth 1.48 'standard cd seconds' instead of 1. If it were CD reduction every second would be almost 2 'standard cd seconds'. And he was just pointing out that going combat with better weapon would still provide much better results, not sure what your reply was for.
    I was elaborating what i do as sub on the fight.Thanks for the info on assurance.

  10. #30
    We actually started on Siegecrafter about a week ago as well. I was running sub for the first night and a half. Was nice, easily killed the weapon, but other than that I just don't like the spec very much. So I went combat for the other night and was actually doing better(if not the same). Have two heroic weapons for combat compared to my heroic mh dagger and heirloom offhand. Always had KS/AR/SB each time I went up with heroic AoC. I think at this point, if you have the gear, it really doesn't matter which spec you go with. I also like the fact that no positional requirements hinder you when coming off the belt(for killings missiles and siegecrafter). Easy to get right back into the game. So honestly, I think it more so comes down to whatever you're more comfortable with. It's a fun, yet challenging fight. Hoping to get it sometime soon.

  11. #31
    Can anyone comment on whether Mastery or Haste is better for Sub on the belts, please?

  12. #32
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by jtstormrage View Post
    Can anyone comment on whether Mastery or Haste is better for Sub on the belts, please?
    I was mastery reforged for better burst, but with your gear and ilvl it probably doesn't matter
    14/14H Rogue

  13. #33
    I've just switched to my rogue this week as my main, and I'm having trouble pulling out more dps.
    I tried combat, didn't do as well as I'd like with it, having a much better time with subtlety.

    But I'm only doing 6.5 to 9 mil damage >.< per wave.

    Here is my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ferum/advanced
    (just got TED when we switched to normal, had Renataki's before, but I don't think that will affect belt dps much cause rng is rng)

    Here's the log of our best attempt: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...4772&target=78

    Hunters go up every time, and we send 2 additional people up, and 3 for some waves. So yeah, we have to 6 man sometimes which imo is just failure on my part.

    Here is what I have been doing:

    1. Get on belt with 5 cp 5 anticipation usually and vanish.
    2. SnD as weapon gets close
    3. Garrote to put up FW, so hemo will be good
    4. Hemo
    5. Ambush/backstab (depending on energy and remainder of subterfuge)
    6. Rupture
    7. Go into normal rotation of backstab/evisc until ~3 sec left on FW.
    8. Dance (I save shadowblades for certain waves, on which I combine it with dance)
    9. Backstab/evisc

    I basically stand still for the majority of this (I can time it so I go through the correct gap on first one, Cloak second beam, and position myself for center gap on third beam).

    I've heard other rogues do 10-11 mil per wave on this? Wtf am I doing wrong?

  14. #34
    Im actually doing 11-13milion per belt as combat - and tbh as u have HC wf sword go combat also.. u will have all your cds for every belt while as sub u cant have shadow blade all the time ready

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerya View Post
    Im actually doing 11-13milion per belt as combat - and tbh as u have HC wf sword go combat also.. u will have all your cds for every belt while as sub u cant have shadow blade all the time ready
    I'll try it out again next week, any tips for combat on the belt?
    How do you usually open/when do you KS/ etc.

    EDIT: Actually if someone who consistently does 9-11 mil damage on them could post logs, that'd be great. I'd like to see your log browser to check out what exactly you are doing so I can emulate it.
    Last edited by Lyon; 2013-12-02 at 04:12 PM.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyon View Post
    I'll try it out again next week, any tips for combat on the belt?
    How do you usually open/when do you KS/ etc.

    EDIT: Actually if someone who consistently does 9-11 mil damage on them could post logs, that'd be great. I'd like to see your log browser to check out what exactly you are doing so I can emulate it.
    RNG/trinket procs determine a fair amount of belt DPS. What you're not going to see in logs is that you begin to get the timing down very well, as to which laser will be fading in which spot, where that sits in your frantic CD dump, etc. My CloS isn't in the same place every time.

    I'm on 1st belt/odds. The first turret dies as it's passing through the first set of lasers, since everything is up. I get SnD rolling and KS immediately, KS will end just before the lasers and I'll dip through the opening middle-right and build up enough CP's to redirect to Blackfuse as the weapon is essentially dead at this point.

    After that, each belt, redirect from Blackfuse to your target, KS the first opening (don't do it too early, also, if you happen to BF at all near mines, don't forget to turn it off--the weapons on the belt are just close enough to warp you around), immediately into AR/SB.

    I save CloS for spots that look like they're going to be tight, or if I can't stomach being off-target with Deep/2x Trinkets/SB/AR, etc.

    I don't use the KS glyph, either, since that dumps me too far back down the belt

  17. #37
    This is on 10 man. But I've gotten to the point where I only use KS now on the belt. I use AR/SB on siegecrafter. This is with myself and a hunter. We usually kill ours before it passes through the last set of lazers. So plenty of time to spare. I'm at a 573 ilvl, so that may have a lot to do with it. But honestly, I started as sub using all CD's to kill it, to switching to combat and using just KS. Theoretically, Sub should/does pull more burst. Maybe I just wasn't that well versed in it. To each his own I guess. Whatever you're more comfortable with.

  18. #38
    The Patient Rangz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    284
    At 572 Combat, I can solo it with ADSB IF I get lucky on crits and procs on the pull (From stealth, with hero and pre-pot), so its not reliable yet.

    Those of you that use KS on the belt, do you glyph it? Do you use it with CloS to not die on beams? Ive done it a couple of times, but I find it to unreliable, camera angles tends to screw me over when I try to get thrugh the following beam..

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangvald View Post
    At 572 Combat, I can solo it with ADSB IF I get lucky on crits and procs on the pull (From stealth, with hero and pre-pot), so its not reliable yet.

    Those of you that use KS on the belt, do you glyph it? Do you use it with CloS to not die on beams? Ive done it a couple of times, but I find it to unreliable, camera angles tends to screw me over when I try to get thrugh the following beam..
    See my post 2 spots up.

    I personally don't glyph it, and unless for some reason I'm late to the belt, my KS goes out in the first space, so no CloS needed. I usually save CloS for AR/SB when I want to be able to unload without worrying about movement.

    It's plenty reliable, you just can't use it too early, too late, mistakenly have BF on, and you need to be watching ahead to see where the laser is going to fade next. Some maintenance required

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerya View Post
    Im actually doing 11-13milion per belt as combat - and tbh as u have HC wf sword go combat also.. u will have all your cds for every belt while as sub u cant have shadow blade all the time ready
    Can you please, tell me, your rotation on the belt exactly ?
    Thank you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •