Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Siegecrafter heroic

Best spec for the assembly line here? Has anyone done it yet?

I've only done the fight in 25H so not sure if it changes in 10H but from what I've seen combat brings the most if not the best consistent damage onto the conveyor belt. Combat always has AR and SB up as well as KS if you have AoC.

If you don't happen to have AoC, you're probably better off rolling with Sub since Shadow Dance will be up for every belt.

Deleted
    Currently im running combat and combats dps without cooldowns is really shit imo. Combat IS cooldowns, so if i go to a belt without cooldowns i wont do much :/

You can however have cooldowns up for each belt. I do, reforged for subtlety and with only a flex AoC.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Want to chime in here. As assassination doing the belt is viable. I do more than my fair share and our belt group can do the belt with 4 people if someone dies and 3 man it with a potion+all CDs. Usually it is me and a hunter pulling most of the weight of the 30m hp of the weapon.

You say combat is shit without CDs on the weapons but as a belt dps your priority is the weapons. You should be burning your CDs on them and not the boss/adds.
    Last edited by Sicktight; 2013-10-21 at 07:52 PM.

in my opinion it doesnt matter which spec you play.

the most important thing is the coordination with your line m8.

for example you play with a shadow priest just make sure which cd's you use on which line

for ex :

line 3 :

shadow mindbender ||rogue pot

line 5 :

shadow wings|| rogue vendetta

line 7:

shadow pot || rogue shadowblades

and if you have a hunter i recommend that he goes on every line with disengage which isn't save.

It doesn't really matter what spec you use, the rogues we have on the belt are 2 assassination & 1 combat. For our first kill we were all assassination, now we just play what we want. We all had the cooldown reduction trinket too so our cooldowns were up often. Vendetta should be up everytime you go if you have the cooldown trinket (at least the heroic version) & sometimes you'll have shadow blades up too. It will all come down to practice because the raid will want to min/max dps on siegecrafter. So you might have a static lineup for the belt but eventually with practice you might end up where belt let's say line 3 ends up dying before you even made it to the middle fire so at this point the raid leader might want to take 1 dps out of the group doing line 3 so he can dps the boss instead, etc.

On our first kill it was to the point where we weren't even using cooldowns on Line 1 because our raid pops bloodlust at the start, so we had bloodlust, prepot & it was a ret pally, me & the other assassination rogue (just 3) & we'd kill Line 1 without any cooldown so that we could pop vendetta & SB on siegecrafter instead to help on dps. It all comes down with practice & what your Line group finds that can help min/max siegecrafter dps, if you find out that you can skip a cooldown on a specific line because it dies too quick, then keep it & use it on the boss instead.

Deleted
    Appreciate your answers. With some practise on the lines now i got it figured out, going combat for them so i have all cds every line i go.

Did our first 2 hours earlier this week and had good success averaging 6.5 mil w/ combat.(note we only made it for two belts and im belt 2/4/6 ect)

Then switched to Sub and really liked sub more. I have heroic AOC and for sub everything is 40 seconds including cloak/shadow dance along with the belt timer. This spec fits like i glove i feel. I did 14.2 mil on our last attempt with horrible reforges ect. Im setup for combat atm but still did more dmg than my combat spec with even weapons. When coming down off platform you can get targeted by the mines and it can give you alot of trouble as combat. As far as dumping evicerates to setup your next AD/SB cd. I mean KS will be up, but i guess I'll know more as I do the fight. Seems like alot of timeing management for combat I suppose. I Just feet like sub was the right spec to play and I'm a sucker for it. No rng no games just guaranteed dmg you can expect. The only rng I suppose are crits, And i would had a ton more of them w/ reforging properly. I prolly woulda added an extra 6 percent or so maybe. 6 percent is quite a bit.

Apparently I cant post the log cause im new... <homophobia not welcome here>... Oh well you can see it if you go to wowlogs US/Malganis/Nexus/Larogue is me.

I raid with 3 other rogues that are in my eyes really good. I was really rusty with sub and I know i could do alot better w/ reforges and weapon at the minimum. To me the only dmg that matters MAINLY is the missle turret dmg. Mutilation... hell nah.
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-11-17 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Homophobic term removed

I did this fight in 10M and felt combat to be the best for conveyor belts. I would normally get about 7 million per belt (567 ilvl), with swings from 6 to 9. I was about 2% away from being able to solo the first belt

I would save all but one CD for the conveyor belts, so my boss damage was pretty shit but it wasn't any worse than the other conveyor belt people. Boss damage didn't seem to be an issue for us. The boss died shortly after I returned from killing the 9th belt. I'd go up on 1,3,5,7,etc. My cooldown rotation looked something like:

1: killing spree immediately, jump off belt halfway through (sprint makes this a lot easier), shadowstep to boss and pop Adrenaline Rush as soon as possible (if you wait too long you wont have time to get off enough finishers before you have to go to belt 3)
    3: tricks partner, redirect any CPs from boss, pop AR, dodge first two holes, then cloak and pop killing spree through last laser.
    5, 7, 9, etc: same as 3 with varying order of AR/Killing Spree usage.

(I went up 2, 4, 6, etc for a while but felt my CDs lined up better with being the odd-numbered group)

The only tricky part is figuring out when you can use killing spree and when you need to cloak. We were killing mostly mines and there were some belts where there was a center opening as the mines passed through, and that's the section of the belt I'd use killing spree on. But you have to be careful because sometimes the openings will close a bit early, and will eat you while you are still mid-spree.

You can cloak and make it through two lasers (without moving your char) but it will be really close--if you are going to do that I'd cloak right before the second laser (the effect of the death beam is actually mostly behind the beams and you can almost be on top of them from the front) and then run through the third laser before your timer is up. I only had to do that on belt 9 and I wouldn't pop killing spree on that belt because it wasn't needed and was kind of a pain to plan due to the opening locations.

Deleted
    Rogue spec does not matter. Any spec could easily do an efficient job at it.

10m per belt is insane. I see this as nearly impossible unless over 570 i suppose. At best i could prolly hit 7m average in my gear 567. No heroic weap yet . W/ 10m per belt you can almost subtract a dps completely. Would make the fight alot easier as far as controlling the mines ect. What other classes can do that well on the belt. Our comp is 2 rogues,2 rets, 1 war and or 1 enhance shaman. Well we had a hunter last week acutally lol. He wasnt that consistent though. He carried first time up pulling like 9 mil.

So what order are you guys popping cds for combat and sub? I tried opening with KS and then going into AR/SB, but I seemed to have AR/SB still running when the turret (or whatever) was passing the final lasers. I seem to be doing more by hitting AR/SB and KS'ing immediately.

For sub, vanish is up everytime with heroic AoC right? So talent shadow focus, vanish->ambush->hemo->dance? Subterfuge seems useless since your FW can last the entire belt without it. Or maybe garrote is still better to start with? So maybe vanish->garrote->dance?
    Last edited by Sesshou; 2013-11-19 at 08:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been doing: Expose Armor (with glyph), RvS, KS and maybe a few SS to finish it off (that's if I'm odds 1,3,5 etc). If I'm in our evens group (2,4,6 etc) I do that and immediately after KS I AR/SB and it usually dies just as SB falls off. Also if I'm in the evens group I'm on the boss for lust, so I do a typical opener and hold the 2nd KS and AR/SB for the belt, and they always line up really well (AR/SB coming off cd as I'm gatewaying to the belt.)

I've only played sub for a handful of attempts and I did terrible >,< usually 5-7m whereas combat I get 6-12m depending on if I get targeted by mines/RPPM haromm's.

This is 25m with 5 people per group btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    So what order are you guys popping cds for combat and sub? I tried opening with KS and then going into AR/SB, but I seemed to have AR/SB still running when the turret (or whatever) was passing the final lasers. I seem to be doing more by hitting AR/SB and KS'ing immediately.

For sub, vanish is up everytime with heroic AoC right? So talent shadow focus, vanish->ambush->hemo->dance? Subterfuge seems useless since your FW can last the entire belt without it. Or maybe garrote is still better to start with? So maybe vanish->garrote->dance?
    I'm doing Expose armor (glyphed), RvS (refreshes insight if you time your going up strictly with the weapon you're going to do), AR/SB/KS all together. As for sub, I'm pretty sure you'd want to do vanish->garrote->dance, but I haven't really played with it to know for sure.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Thanks for the quick replies. I know this is kinda off topic, but how do monks in your guilds do? I asked in the raid section thread, but no answers yet. Ours says his class just can't put out the burst for the belt even if he starts with 10 TEB. Just looking for a quick 'they're alright/bad at it' or a log.

@Raer
    Why is your raid able to kill the odds so much faster than the evens? Though it sounds like your dps are doing substantially more than ours. The only one we kill as fast as you're saying you kill the odds is the first one with lust and guaranteed rppm trinket procs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Monks do great on the belt. Most logs I look over have a monk as the top or second damage done to the Disabled Missile Turret/Crawler Mines/Laser (as appropriate).

For odds, on the pull (belt 1) they have trinkets, CDs, and sometimes lust reaches that far and it's just LOL. Odds are usually WW, Ret, Enhance, Frost DK, Arms Warrior. Sometimes sub the Enhance/Warrior for a Rogue (the other 2 rogues in my guild, one has intermittent internet issues and the other has work that makes him late occasionally). Evens are Rogue (me), Fury Warrior, Ret, Fire Mage, SPriest. Sometimes swapping the Ret/Spriest for a Rogue.

I'm typically in Even Group. The handful of times I was in Odd Group I never needed AR/SB for the belt..granted that was only about 20 or so pulls scattered across the past 3 weeks.

Anyone notice deadly poison damage done to deactivated missiles not showing up on recount or WoL? Its showing for our other 2 rogues who are assassination, but not for me as combat. I don't know that the spec is significant at all, but its the only difference I could see. I see the damage to the boss with my deadly poison but not anything on the belt stuff. Wound poison is showing up. Its not just on my side either, our tank is doing logs and no one's in game meter had my poison either.

My concern is that if its not showing up in any combat logs, my deadly poison isn't actually doing damage. If that is true, I should run wound because its better than nothing... but if it is actually doing damage, deadly is obviously superior.

Yesterday's kill: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...0753&target=76

Deadly poison damage accounted for.
    Dropndestroy | i7-3770k 4.6Ghz | EVGA GTX 680 SC Signature+ SLI | ASUS Maximus V Formula | G.Skill 16gb 2400 | AX850